Author Topic: Hey you think Nate charges people like Daz & them for features?  (Read 537 times)

natesgirl

• Lil Geezy
Re: Hey you think Nate charges people like Daz & them for features?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 03:02:30 PM »
A nate hook is 150gs, (I've heard it time and time again from the goat himself).  Hommie discounts are cheaper but please believe if anyone in the world is about their money this man is.   Hellooo, we're talking about the man with the golden hook touch here.  He can wipe his ass with 50gs.  Count his plaques. 

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 04:27:37 PM »
A nate hook is 150gs, (I've heard it time and time again from the goat himself).  Hommie discounts are cheaper but please believe if anyone in the world is about their money this man is.   Hellooo, we're talking about the man with the golden hook touch here.  He can wipe his ass with 50gs.  Count his plaques. 

do you suck his dick too?

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 04:57:44 PM »
Not to downtalk anyone, but I believe you guys are way off on the pricing...Kronik told me that on one of the songs Daz wanted Nate on the hook but Nate was gonna chrage $250,000 (not $50,000) so they were kind of mad that they didn't get quite as big of a price break as Nate gives to Snoop......Also, back when I was doin mixtapes and whatnot we were gonna get DJ Quik on there, but he charged $5,000 per 16 bar freestyle, $800 for a drop (shouts out your name, etc), or $15,000 for a new exclusive track for us....I didn't have that kind of cash for him, but I figure if he's charging $15,000 for a song, Nate would def be a lot more than that for a hook.

DJ F Sharp

• 'G'
  • I'm a hustla
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 08:30:37 PM »
nate dogg doin a hook for somebody famous or not doesnt cost more than a dr dre beat (ie: +40,000)...artists prices change depending on who they work with and their budget...no indie artist can drop 250,000 hahaha thats fuckin ridiculous....
---- F Sharp
Bumsquad DJz / Dubcnn
www.myspace.com/djfsharp --- DJ F Sharp Mixtape News
"Cali Love Pt.2: New West Order" hosted by Crooked I, Sly Boogy, & Bishop Lamont comin in End of June
"Cali Love Pt.3" hosted by Re-Up Entertainment's own Ras Kass & 40 Glocc comin soon...

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 08:37:21 PM »
Dre only chrages $40,000 for a beat? I mean, I know that's a lot of money but I've heard figures MUCH higher than that....

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2005, 09:10:14 PM »
yeah, I think $250,000 is too much, no way he charges that

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2005, 09:18:23 PM »
If Nate charged 250,000 for a hook, do you have any idea how difficult its going to be for the record company to recoup that money?  You think a hook with Nate on it, just sells millions of units? 

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 09:29:24 PM »
  You think a hook with Nate on it, just sells millions of units? 

It's happened a couple times I'm thinkin.....

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 10:02:31 PM »
nates like " hey daz smoke a joint with me and Ill do that hook.... "

DJ F Sharp

• 'G'
  • I'm a hustla
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 10:23:18 PM »
dre charges more than that for a beat...but each of his beats dont cost 150-300,000 like some of his best works do

producers cant charge the same fee for any beat because indie artists still want to buy beats from these guys but they have a certain budget
---- F Sharp
Bumsquad DJz / Dubcnn
www.myspace.com/djfsharp --- DJ F Sharp Mixtape News
"Cali Love Pt.2: New West Order" hosted by Crooked I, Sly Boogy, & Bishop Lamont comin in End of June
"Cali Love Pt.3" hosted by Re-Up Entertainment's own Ras Kass & 40 Glocc comin soon...

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 10:42:38 PM »
Price up front is nothing. Big money comes from the points off publishing. If Nate's doing a hook for $50,000 I expect he's getting some points on the track as well. If he's charging $250,000 he probably getting little to no points. Same for Dre only bigger numbers since Dre produces that ish. Dre is putting up the money when he's the executive producer, so he pays off Scott Storch, Mike E and the rest (I'm sure they get some points too if they are listed in the credits) he probably charges back some money to himself as the producer and get some really good points :) I think I rmember 50 bragging about how he gets more points off Games album than game do. Thats the real money fellas.

Okka

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 05:49:47 AM »
But i don't think that Nate takes so much money from Daz or Snoop, cuz they family...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2005, 06:24:19 AM »
i am deceipted by you nima. a nate dog hook is definitly dope but a beat of daz the don two(america most wanted , coastin ,iknow you.....

i didn't say i liked a nate hook more than a daz beat, i said in the game right now, a nate hook is worth more than a daz beat, in the industry.