Author Topic: Murder Charges Against Cassidy Lowered  (Read 55 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Murder Charges Against Cassidy Lowered
« on: August 17, 2005, 06:45:07 AM »
Murder Charges Against Cassidy Lowered
By Nolan Strong
Date: 8/16/2005 5:25 pm

Murder charges against Philadelphia rapper Cassidy were lowered today (August 16) in court.

The charges against the rapper were dropped from first-degree murder to third-degree murder, stemming from a shooting behind his Philadelphia row home.

Municipal court Judge Marsha Niefield ordered the 23-year-old rapper to stand trial on the third-degree murder charge.

The charges stem from an April 15 shooting in Philadelphia.

Cassidy, born Barry Reese, is charged with murdering 22-year-old Desmond Hawkins and wounding Daniel Irvin, 22, and Bobby Hoyle, 21 after a dispute earlier in the day.

The men allegedly came to Cassidy’s Philadelphia home to “make peace,” but were instead met with a barrage of gunfire as they sat in their parked car.

Irvin and Hoyle were wounded while Hawkins died at the Albert Einstein Medical Center.

During preliminary hearings, Cassidy’s case was bolstered when one of the victims admitted under oath that he initially lied to police and had not actually seen the rapper fire a weapon.

“I wanted to go home,” Bobby Hoyle said during the preliminary hearings. “I had a bullet in my leg that they didn't take out, and I didn't have any rest for three days."

Prosecutors claim that Cassidy and or his associates fired at least four guns. The DA prosecuting the case said that the ruling would be appealed.

allhiphop