Author Topic: Nate Dogg (f/ JS & Nas) - "Good Life." Anyone got any more info on this track?  (Read 698 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Recently, I was thinking about how Nate has collaborated with just about every major rapper of his generation (with a few exceptions.) One person I couldn't recall him ever working with was Nas, so I did a quick search and, to my surprise, uncovered this track. Apparently it is from 2001, and I have no recollection of it dropping whatsoever. It probably just passed me by back then, though - don't think I was signed up on DUBCC until 2003.

Can anyone tell me more about this track, like who produced it, etc? Is it a Music & Me leftover or something? Soundtrack contribution? I'm racking my brains trying to think of what Nate was working on at that time. It's possible that the track is mislabeled and it's not even a Nate cut, although he is predominantly featured... finally, anyone care to enlighten me on who JS is?!

Dope track anyway. Always wondered what a Nas and Nate Dogg pairing would sound like, and this is a pretty fun song. If anyone needs it, let me know and I'll upload somewhere.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Suga Foot

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ah, thanks homie. Probably should have figured that out - somehow Nas rhyming "F-U-B-U" never registered 'til after I read your reply! Nas and Nate make for a nice duo - no idea who the other dude is, but he holds his own.

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah that comp had some cool traxx....but yeah this duo...be interestin to hear nas/nate over a more recent song...and now that you mentioned it nate has recorded with coast 2 coast rappers
obie
mobb deep
em
and more

but nas stands out more cuz nas is different and would prolly be the most lyrical if all this was done right
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mista Rosa

yeah that comp had some cool traxx....but yeah this duo...be interestin to hear nas/nate over a more recent song...and now that you mentioned it nate has recorded with coast 2 coast rappers
obie
mobb deep
em
and more

but nas stands out more cuz nas is different and would prolly be the most lyrical if all this was done right

One of his best collabos with east cost rappers is still "Oh No" to me, with Mos Def and Pharaoe Monch. What a bomb track!!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

k1000

kurupt was supposed to be on that cut.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Recently, I was thinking about how Nate has collaborated with just about every major rapper of his generation (with a few exceptions.) One person I couldn't recall him ever working with was Nas, so I did a quick search and, to my surprise, uncovered this track. Apparently it is from 2001, and I have no recollection of it dropping whatsoever. It probably just passed me by back then, though - don't think I was signed up on DUBCC until 2003.

Can anyone tell me more about this track, like who produced it, etc? Is it a Music & Me leftover or something? Soundtrack contribution? I'm racking my brains trying to think of what Nate was working on at that time. It's possible that the track is mislabeled and it's not even a Nate cut, although he is predominantly featured... finally, anyone care to enlighten me on who JS is?!

Dope track anyway. Always wondered what a Nas and Nate Dogg pairing would sound like, and this is a pretty fun song. If anyone needs it, let me know and I'll upload somewhere.

i don't have it, could you up it please?

kuruptDPG

kurupt was supposed to be on that cut.

well u can hear him giv a shoutout

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Here's the track for those that don't have it:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dXFWSmI1Y3k4Q1JFQlE9PQ

That's interesting that Kurupt was supposed to be featured - that was a cool shout-out Nas gave him during his verse.

machete

• 'G'
thanks for the hookup

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Here's the track for those that don't have it:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dXFWSmI1Y3k4Q1JFQlE9PQ

That's interesting that Kurupt was supposed to be featured - that was a cool shout-out Nas gave him during his verse.

cheers  :)