Author Topic: 213 (1 Year Later)  (Read 588 times)

mauzip

Re: 213 (1 Year Later)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 03:36:54 PM »
This 213 album was not a classic but I really enjoy listening to it...
It's a nice cd when you feel like listening to some relaxing music without paying attention to lyrics and all...
But if they made this album 10 years ago it would probably have been way better..

I rate it 7.5/10!

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 03:56:20 PM »
i got it the day it came out.. set it aside and have still never really played it, i liked groupie love and mlk but besides that i havnt listened to it at all, i dont kno why i wasnt expectin a classic or nuthin

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 03:57:39 PM »
mine has collected so much dust from the last year its at the top of my cd rack below is 2pac and i have listened to it once and left it there shame really because i really like nate Dogg And him and warren G used to come tite
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Okka

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 02:35:47 AM »
Dope album, one of the tightest that came out that year, but it could've been better...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 03:14:57 AM »
I like it, but it has low replay value. I think it has to do with the beats. They weren't all that enticing.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2005, 04:55:04 AM »
duno at first didnt like it at all really, cos like most people was expectin more from them... but only recently i decided to bump it a little more and its grown on me more... aint the best album in the world but got some nice lil tracks on there...

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2005, 10:56:10 AM »
Ok, it's been a year since 213 came out, so I'm curious what peoples opinions are, if they've changed or not.  Or are people still crying about it. 

Personally, I think it's a great album.  There are some skippers on it, but overall I like the album.  I liked it right off the bat.  I was a little dissapointed when I found out that Warren didn't produce any songs on it, but I just took the album for what it is.  I wasn't expecting a Doggystyle or Chronic.  The album still gets play in my car.

I liked the album from day one, its some good shit. Yeah sure, it was kinda dissapointin, that g-dub did nutttin production wise, but the album ended up pretty good.

Anyone got a clew what happen'd wit da Warren G remix album of it? Was it just shit talkin?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2005, 12:58:10 PM »
Ok, it's been a year since 213 came out, so I'm curious what peoples opinions are, if they've changed or not.  Or are people still crying about it. 

Personally, I think it's a great album.  There are some skippers on it, but overall I like the album.  I liked it right off the bat.  I was a little dissapointed when I found out that Warren didn't produce any songs on it, but I just took the album for what it is.  I wasn't expecting a Doggystyle or Chronic.  The album still gets play in my car.

I liked the album from day one, its some good shit. Yeah sure, it was kinda dissapointin, that g-dub did nutttin production wise, but the album ended up pretty good.

Anyone got a clew what happen'd wit da Warren G remix album of it? Was it just shit talkin?

That was jus an overblown rumor that started when we heard the "Groupie Love" G-Funk remix, and they put up a petition on a website for them to make a Warren G remix version of it

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2005, 01:51:03 PM »
One year later and the album is still disappointing.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2005, 02:12:09 PM »
so is it recommended to get or not?   'cause I'm thinkin' about buyin' it and I don't wanna waste money  :-\

yes or no
IMO its worth buying, but it would be a better idea to just download it and decide for yourself.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2005, 02:19:03 PM »
I've always thought that this album was killed by expectations. If the same album was done by three no-names it would have been multi-platinum.

That doesn't mean the album shouldn't have had Warren G production, more passion and interest from Nate and Snoop, etc.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »
the expectations were a lil high but wat u expect when u r waitin for 10 years!

the same could b said bout 2001 that exceeded expectations. jus hope our expectations for detox will live up to the hype as well
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »
The album is painfully average.

Plumma25

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 06:44:34 AM »
I'm listening to it right now and I always have liked it.  Its tight.  You're right, though, some songs are skippable.  But there are so many bangers on there also.  MLK, Find A Way are def. stand out tracks for me.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.