Author Topic: I saw Talib Kweli live in concert yesterday  (Read 190 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
I saw Talib Kweli live in concert yesterday
« on: September 24, 2005, 05:47:36 AM »
Good show! The Pharcyde opened up for him...I wasn't really feeling them though. Probably because I only know their more famous songs...
Anyway, I was on the 1st row (there was no security either, so everyone at the front shook hands with Kweli). He performed both old & new songs:

Get By
Move Somethin'
Good To You
I Try
Definition
Going Hard
Never Been In Love
We Got The Beat
etc...

During "We Got The Beat", he asked if there were any B-Boys in the house to come up on stage and show the rest of the crowd their moves. That was pretty cool of him. He also busted a nice freestyle on the beat of "Get 'Em High" in which he said something like "Fuck George Bush, I'm running for President" ;D The whole crowd loved it...

Anyway, dope concert. Worth the money. It was all about beats & rhymes on-stage. No champagne bottles, no chains flashing, none of that. 100% Hip-Hop

ABN

Re: I saw Talib Kweli live in concert yesterday
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 06:15:56 AM »
i wouldnīt mind seeing Kweli live coz heīs dope. btw can anyone hook me up with Get By coz one of my dumb fuck friends erased all of my Talib Kweli shit by mistake.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 10:22:44 AM »
i wouldnīt mind seeing Kweli live coz heīs dope. btw can anyone hook me up with Get By coz one of my dumb fuck friends erased all of my Talib Kweli shit by mistake.

hes comin to sweden to homie..saw a couple of posters yesterday

ABN

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 10:32:38 AM »

hes comin to sweden to homie..saw a couple of posters yesterday
aw well he prolly wonīt be coming to GBG or any cities on the west and i donīt like Talib enough to drive for 8 hours in total.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 10:43:50 AM »
he did a lot of the same stuff out here in Seattle at Bumpershoot.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 11:23:44 AM »
i seen him with KAnye West some while ago, was pretty tight!

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 08:28:11 AM »
Im hitting up a few concerts this month. .Im hitting up the 7L and ES show with Apathy and Celph next sunday and later on in October im going to see Kanye with Common and Tony Yayo.  Quite a mixture. Kweli is dope as fuck live.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 12:12:27 PM »
Yeah, Kwa is dope live, good to see you had a good time. And how can you complain at having Pharcyde as support?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 03:06:45 PM »
^^ he didnīt really complain, and when you donīt know a bandīs material itīs never the same

yeah, I missed out on Kweli both times he came here, but Iīd like to see him too

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 01:56:17 AM »
^^ he didnīt really complain, and when you donīt know a bandīs material itīs never the same

yeah, I missed out on Kweli both times he came here, but Iīd like to see him too

he'll be back on the 30th this month
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 02:22:44 AM »
that sounds like a cool concert... id definatley go to see him if he he comes to england again..

ecrazy

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 02:27:26 AM »

During "We Got The Beat", he asked if there were any B-Boys in the house to come up on stage and show the rest of the crowd their moves. That was pretty cool of him. He also busted a nice freestyle on the beat of "Get 'Em High" in which he said something like "Fuck George Bush, I'm running for President" ;D The whole crowd loved it...

He Did the same thing when i went to see him, except Common was out there bustin with the b-boys as well, and during get em high" with common, Kanye came out and surprised everyone

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 11:55:03 AM »
^^^^Sounds cool indeed!
I haven't seen Common or Kanye West perform though. I'm hoping for them to do a European tour actually...especially since Common's album is doing so good.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2005, 02:38:57 PM »
he did the same thing and had people in the crowd breakin in a circle during We Got The Beat when i saw him at the Jazz Cafe...and he brought Mos Def with him that night...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare