Author Topic: THE NEXT DOGGYSTYLE  (Read 494 times)

jeromechickenbone

THE NEXT DOGGYSTYLE
« on: June 04, 2002, 05:56:26 PM »
jesus christ people. i can't stand everytime a new snoop cd is on the way, people saying "this is gonna be the next doggystyle, or snoop hasn't flowed like this since doggystyle". that shit gets so fuckin old. i have a feelin that this cd will be just as disposable as his last few cd's. yeah i like those cd's, but its not gonna be something that i'm gonna bump in 10 years and be like, damn snoop was sure on point. before yall start sayin he's comin back, listen to doggystyle the whole way thru. he's fuckin amazing from front to back. he hadn't flowed like that in forever. and he'll never come close to equalling that album till he has production limited to dre, daz, and warren. yeah i love fred wreck, meech, jelly roll, battlecat, and the rest of them but snoop sounds best over his og producers. and mind you yall mostly loved snoop when he had the D.O.C. writin his rhymes whether you know it or not. i wish i was wrong, but i don't see snoop doing anything too significant with this album. peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: THE NEXT DOGGYSTYLE
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 06:04:24 PM »
u can't change people minds so easialy, trust me
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

platinumk777

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 06:29:21 PM »
yo, I totally agree with chickenbone on this one. yall really need to calm the fuck down with this "doggystyle" shit. It'll never happen again. C'mon yall... name 5 songs that have that "doggystyle" feel to it since Snoop left Death Row, with that aggressive flow of his, and those sick G-Funk sounds...
----------->  0  <-------------
Listen, I've already acknowledged the fact that Snoop ain't a gangsta no more, he's a pimp, and due to that, his rapping style has changed. And don't get me wrong, he'll always be my fav rapper, but he will NEVER make classics like he used to. And if you think it still might happen, keep wishin upon the stars, cause your dumb ass just won't get it. Peace.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 06:39:59 PM »
Snoop ain't a gangsta no more, he's a pimp, and due to that, his rapping style has changed

Word.. but hes still great.  If people would just stop comparing his new shit to Doggystyle everything would be fine.  Thats the double edged sword that comes with dropping a classic debut album like Doggystyle.  Nas has the same issues with Illmatic.  Cant go backwards.. let the brotha go head and push fwd.  

His pimp style is tight on a whole different level and thats why I'm still a tru fan cuz I see the difference and dont continue to compare his new music to Doggystyle.

"Home Sweet Home aka Dogghouse America" is fuckin ILL!  Hottest DHGC production since "Got Beef"

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2002, 06:46:18 PM »
personnaly i donT, give a hmmm about this word "classic" as soon as i feel the vibe he's tryin to pass.
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2002, 06:54:23 PM »
i don't think anybody here thinks he's gonna make another doggystyle it's impossible, but it is very much possible to make his second best one and thats what it hope for........to me i just hope for a 4.5 album because i think thats what he is capable of making, not a classic but some real hot shit
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2002, 07:02:42 PM »
yall can't deny it... snoop's a fucking rider... straight talented... I dont compare his new work with his old work... and to be honest... i love his new stuff wayyyyyyyyy better than his old shit... i could give a fuck about doggystyle, even though its a tight album...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sub-Z

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 08:39:04 PM »
i love his new stuff wayyyyyyyyy better than his old shit...

how is that even possible...?

bu tto stick ith the topic.....he wont even come close to doggystyle....ever

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2002, 10:21:56 PM »
doggystyle isnt tcomparable to his new shit. his new shit is diferent! he changed his style! so how can people always compare it to doggystyle? he raps about deep stuff now, about stuff that makes you think. Not gangsta shit. Plus he has this pimp shit (which is fake as hell, but he wasnt no gangsta neither)..
i dont think you can compare his new and old shit too much.
peace

eNgIeS

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2002, 10:36:07 PM »
jesus christ people. i can't stand everytime a new snoop cd is on the way, people saying "this is gonna be the next doggystyle, or snoop hasn't flowed like this since doggystyle". that shit gets so fuckin old. i have a feelin that this cd will be just as disposable as his last few cd's. yeah i like those cd's, but its not gonna be something that i'm gonna bump in 10 years and be like, damn snoop was sure on point. before yall start sayin he's comin back, listen to doggystyle the whole way thru. he's fuckin amazing from front to back. he hadn't flowed like that in forever. and he'll never come close to equalling that album till he has production limited to dre, daz, and warren. yeah i love fred wreck, meech, jelly roll, battlecat, and the rest of them but snoop sounds best over his og producers. and mind you yall mostly loved snoop when he had the D.O.C. writin his rhymes whether you know it or not. i wish i was wrong, but i don't see snoop doing anything too significant with this album. peace.

Exactly

The thing is Snoop could still do a Doggystyle. I've heard him freestyle & he still has that wicked flow & hard voice in him, pitty on his albums he sings like a bitch & raps laid back with soft voice

Word.. but hes still great.  

WRONG

HE SUCKS!!!!

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • My man Big Tigger. Holla at ya boy!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2002, 09:05:38 AM »
and to be honest... i love his new stuff wayyyyyyyyy better than his old shit... i could give a fuck about doggystyle

Have you been sniffin' paint thinner or some shit? For real, that's some craaaaazy shit you just said.
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

teecee

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2002, 09:27:21 AM »
I got down with SNoop on the original Chronic, but for peeps like BPG who never were down with Snoop until later, i can see why they like his new shit more.  It is not that they don't like or appreciate Doggystyle, it is just that they did not experience it the way a lot of us did.  Opening that cd and having my jaw drop as i listened to song after flawless song, i will NEVER get that feeling from rap again, and i do not expect to ever again............

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2002, 09:33:17 AM »
What do u mean he's not a gangsta no more?I think he's a crip nigga.
Let's just forget doggystle and concentrate on is new shits.
He will foreever be my favourite,so i just wish he keep it tight.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2002, 09:47:06 AM »
^=- link=board=general;num=1023249386;start=0#8 date=06/05/02 at 03:21:56]doggystyle isnt tcomparable to his new shit. his new shit is diferent! he changed his style! so how can people always compare it to doggystyle? he raps about deep stuff now, about stuff that makes you think. Not gangsta shit. Plus he has this pimp shit (which is fake as hell, but he wasnt no gangsta neither)..
i dont think you can compare his new and old shit too much.
peace

ah ok.........he actually was very much a gangsta he was in the rolling 20 crips in long beach and no one ever has disputed that, and if you remember correctly he also had a murder trial on death row and even though he didn't pull the trigger he was involved, the only thing that is questioned is if he still is, he doesn't bang any more but he still claims crip and represents where he's from

that pimp shit he actually was doing back in the day to just to a much lesser degree, and i guess he could be considered a pimp cause he basically can have any woman he wants and he lives the life style, although i think he's more a player

"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2002, 10:44:43 AM »
But he was on No Limit when he did his latest shit, I think this new album will be off the hook,

Next Doggystyle.................There never will be one!!!!!!!

Snoop was dope, Doggystyle is dope..........Snoop is just different now but still dope...........Is he worse or better, who knows, who cares, people have there own opinions!!!!!!
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!