Author Topic: Canada Bans Jim Jones  (Read 198 times)

Suga Foot

Canada Bans Jim Jones
« on: August 28, 2005, 10:12:47 PM »
Wednesday - August 24, 2005

Jim Jones just can’t catch a break can he? The rapper’s new video for the song “Baby Girl” has notbeen added in rotation on Canada's national music station, CHUM Limited's Much Music. The reason is because of t-shirts worn in the video that say “Stop Snitchin” over the top of a red shape resembling a stop sign.

Much Music is said to refuse to air the new Jim Jones video featuring the clothing specifically due to the current rash of gun-related deaths happening in the community of Toronto. With the fatal shooting toll at 33 in Toronto alone, they are very skeptical of airing anything that even would remotely resemble violent reactions.
"I was not in any way trying to promote violence by having those t-shirts in my video. I was simply making a comment on using your integrity.” says Jim Jones

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: Canada Bans Jim Jones
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 11:51:24 PM »
only in canada. Oh, and maybe Finland - they banned Donald duck there because he doesnt wear pants
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 12:43:55 AM »
LMAO @ donald duck but dis is a ban im happy bout coz im not that biga fan of jim jones

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 10:01:45 AM »
Who's Jim Jones?
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 10:26:51 AM »
Only in Canada.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 10:30:26 AM »
good for us canadians lol

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 11:18:09 AM »
haha canadians gettin all shook cuz of street crime so they start banning rap videos, how white

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 01:12:37 PM »
haha canadians gettin all shook cuz of street crime so they start banning rap videos, how white

Too bad that Toronto is less white than any major US city.

Personally I'm glad they banned it, but not from a political standpoint. The less rap videos on TV the better.

I love how he defends it; "it's about integrity". What a dick head. It's clearly about not going to the police with your problems. There was a shooting near my house the other week and the cops had to clear the area before the ambulance was allowed in and and all the thugs were getting mad at the cops and ambulance for not rushing in right away, and one cop got pissed and started yelling at one of the thugs. I heard him say "you fucking punks won't tell us shit when it comes to who's shooting who, but when you need an ambulance you dial 911 like no tomorrow. Next time one of you fuckers get shot, stitch the bullet hole up your fucking self", and then some other cops pulled the cop back because it looked like he was going to attack the thug. It was priceless. The point is if everyone started snitching instead of doing what Jim Jones wants then crime would go way down.