Author Topic: Is there any possible way the Spurs are NOT defending the title?  (Read 493 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Is there any possible way the Spurs are NOT defending the title?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 03:00:22 AM »
Yeah, theyll almost definetely be the favorites to repeat as Champions. Im a HUGE Spurs fan as NIK and others know here lol. But like someone else said, let the season start. If they stay healthy i think theyll take it again. Miami obviously should be strong and Indi might be tough in the East. The west i dont know about. Theres going to be strong teams like Pheonix. But if Pheonix couldnt even compete in a playoff series against us last year...i dont see it happenin this year. Like i said before...watch out for this team for a while. I see us being contenders for quite a while here....
yep SAS has no rivals in the West since the Lakers fell off, sad but true.  Miami, Indiana, maybe Detroit and in a few years maybe Cleveland will be the main opponents. San Antonio has the potential, the roster and the coach to win 2-3 in a row. I hate this team but gotta be realistic  8)

T-Dub

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 03:44:42 AM »
As long as they don't have any serious injuries, particularly during the playoffs, I think that they are favored to repeat.

acbaylove

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 04:33:50 PM »
They r lookin like they r undefeatable, its early days yet but i think that miami might b able 2 take them in the final, indiana in my opinion wont b able 2 beat them and i dont see detroit bein contenders now browns gone

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 03:46:57 AM »
Yeah, theyll almost definetely be the favorites to repeat as Champions. Im a HUGE Spurs fan as NIK and others know here lol. But like someone else said, let the season start. If they stay healthy i think theyll take it again. Miami obviously should be strong and Indi might be tough in the East. The west i dont know about. Theres going to be strong teams like Pheonix. But if Pheonix couldnt even compete in a playoff series against us last year...i dont see it happenin this year. Like i said before...watch out for this team for a while. I see us being contenders for quite a while here....
yep SAS has no rivals in the West since the Lakers fell off, sad but true.  Miami, Indiana, maybe Detroit and in a few years maybe Cleveland will be the main opponents. San Antonio has the potential, the roster and the coach to win 2-3 in a row. I hate this team but gotta be realistic  8)

yeah, its wierd. i hate the Lakers really....but in a way i wish they hadnt fell off and were there with us as a rival. obviously i want my team to win championship after championship. But for those 5 years were we won one championship....LA won three...and then we won another, it was cool. The teams kinda always went back and forth, and i believe 4 of those 5 years met in the playoffs....i think? I think the only year we didnt was when Duncan was out and we got bounced early. Anyways, we'll have to see how next year plays out. But yeah....SA 2006 champs  ;)

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 04:05:25 AM »

yeah, its wierd. i hate the Lakers really....but in a way i wish they hadnt fell off and were there with us as a rival. obviously i want my team to win championship after championship. But for those 5 years were we won one championship....LA won three...and then we won another, it was cool. The teams kinda always went back and forth, and i believe 4 of those 5 years met in the playoffs....i think? I think the only year we didnt was when Duncan was out and we got bounced early. Anyways, we'll have to see how next year plays out. But yeah....SA 2006 champs  ;)
yep good rivalry : 1999 SF : SAS4-0
                                      2001 CF: LAL4-0
                                      2002: SF: LAL 4-1
                                      2003 : SF :SAS 4-2
                                      2004: SF: LAL 4-2
4 times the team who won the serie, became champion  8)

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 04:54:27 AM »

yeah...that doesnt look quite right tho man. SA 1999. LA, 2000, 2001, 2002. SA 2003.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2005, 11:33:47 AM »
I'm a Laker fan and I hate the Spurs, but unless Duncan breaks his leg or something, they're going to win again. They only got better with adding NVE and Finley.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

wcsoldier

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005, 12:49:23 PM »

yeah...that doesnt look quite right tho man. SA 1999. LA, 2000, 2001, 2002. SA 2003.
in 2000 LAL didn't play against the Spurs that's why I didn't mention this year

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2005, 09:31:37 PM »
Yea, it lookin' that way but the Heat gonna be there wit them in the Finals IMO. They added Williams and Walker and Shaq is just dyin' to get his hands on another ring.

g unot

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 12:16:28 PM »
spurs n lakers is the new rivalry huh

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2005, 03:11:21 PM »
spurs n lakers is the new rivalry huh

a few years ago they had a pretty good lil rivalry. right now, no. there really isnt any amazing rivalries in the west right now.