Author Topic: Strong Arm Steady, Wu Tang, and Pete Rock news  (Read 290 times)

davida.b.

Strong Arm Steady, Wu Tang, and Pete Rock news
« on: September 01, 2005, 02:12:10 PM »
SOUNDS OF NATURE

Nature Sounds has a nice slew of releases set for the end of '05 and the top of '06. The label will close out the year first with the MF Doom "Special Herbs" box-set, which will carry a beautiful retail price of $20. The only catch is that the entire series of volumes 0-9 will be spread out across two CD's, mixed together by Doom himself. The limited edition package will also include a third disc with previously unreleased bonus beats. In related news, Doom has produced SIX new songs for Ghostface's upcoming Def Jam releases.

In addition to releasing the first official album from west coast mix CD masters, Strong Arm Steady (Xzibit, Krondon, Phil Da Agony, Mitchy Slick), the label will also follow-up with the sophomore release from Masta Killah, "The East Is In The House". The new album will feature the entire Wu-Tang Clan, and will most likely be the last one to do so (due to ODB's demise). The new LP will feature production from RZA, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, Nazarath, and Mathematics. Just before this drops, the label will release a Masta Killah DVD.

Finally, the label has a Pete Rock project in the works called "Next Generation", which will follow in the footsteps of his "Soul Survivor" series, teaming him up with various different emcees. Songs with Jim Jones, Ghostface Killah, Masta Killa, MF Doom, and D-Block have already been confirmed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 02:16:08 PM by david "Dirt Dog" a.b. »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Strong Arm Staeady, Wu Tang, and Pete Rock news
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 02:18:23 PM »
In related news, Doom has produced SIX new songs for Ghostface's upcoming Def Jam releases.

:grumpy:
I don't know if he's still on Def Jam but either way he souldn't be cheaping out when it comes to producers.  He's an elite MC and shouldn't resort to getting beats from nerd rappers like MF Doom.

In addition to releasing the first official album from west coast mix CD masters, Strong Arm Steady (Xzibit, Krondon, Phil Da Agony, Mitchy Slick), the label will also follow-up with the sophomore release from Masta Killah, "The East Is In The House". The new album will feature the entire Wu-Tang Clan, and will most likely be the last one to do so (due to ODB's demise). The new LP will feature production from RZA, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, Nazarath, and Mathematics. Just before this drops, the label will release a Masta Killah DVD.

Finally, the label has a Pete Rock project in the works called "Next Generation", which will follow in the footsteps of his "Soul Survivor" series, teaming him up with various different emcees. Songs with Jim Jones, Ghostface Killah, Masta Killa, MF Doom, and D-Block have already been confirmed.

All that looks good expect Pete Rock working with Jim Jones and MF Doom.

jeromechickenbone

Re: Strong Arm Steady, Wu Tang, and Pete Rock news
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 08:41:11 PM »

In related news, Doom has produced SIX new songs for Ghostface's upcoming Def Jam releases.

I don't know if he's still on Def Jam but either way he souldn't be cheaping out when it comes to producers. He's an elite MC and shouldn't resort to getting beats from nerd rappers like MF Doom.

Wow, i'm liking the sound of Masta Killah's album.  Production will be  :o, not to mention lyrics.

As far as PR working with these cats, i'm not really opposed.  Would i rather see CL, Nas, AZ, INI...of course.  But i'm actually more interested in Pete's production sound these days.  I think he softened a bit on SSII, i wish he'd go back to his vintage style, with the saxophones and all that.  But i will def be checking for this when it drops.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 06:01:43 AM »
I'm really anticipating that SAS album  8)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 02:16:10 PM »
Im coppin that special herbs set no doubt..

Whats wrong with MF Doom knuckles? Him and Ghostface would sound pretty cool imo...
 I think he's(Doom) super dope..

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 02:32:50 PM »
Whats wrong with MF Doom knuckles? Him and Ghostface would sound pretty cool imo...
 I think he's(Doom) super dope..

I know he's got hundreds and hundreds of hardcore fans but I don't get it.  I think he's horrible in just about every aspect.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 05:02:58 PM »
Everyone has they're own taste really..  thats cool..

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
Re: Strong Arm Staeady, Wu Tang, and Pete Rock news
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 10:05:03 PM »

I don't know if he's still on Def Jam but either way he souldn't be cheaping out when it comes to producers.  He's an elite MC and shouldn't resort to getting beats from nerd rappers like MF Doom.

hes still on defjam GFK   is one of Jigga's favs on the label and givin him the confidence to do what he wants