Author Topic: Super Hyphy - West coast club song of the year??  (Read 422 times)

SGV

Re: Super Hyphy - West coast club song of the year??
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 08:57:15 PM »
The West hasn't really put out any good Club tracks lately. I guess by default it is the Club banger of the year from out here. If "Boom Boom Clap" got any play, it would give "Super Hyphy" a run for it's money though.

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 11:09:53 PM »
^ boom boom clap is way to slow to be a club song. Anything comin out the bay wit that slap is a club banger and the djs are luvin that shit

SGV

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 12:32:16 AM »
^ boom boom clap is way to slow to be a club song. Anything comin out the bay wit that slap is a club banger and the djs are luvin that shit

All the better to grind on a bitch to homie. Shit like "Grind With Me" and "Slow Motion" are perfect examples that your song doesn't have to be fast to be a Club banger.

fUncy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • straight outta A-L-K
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2005, 07:31:48 AM »

it's a definate banger,, but westcoast club song of the year? i'm not sure...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 08:14:19 AM »

I don't think it's a song that gets a bigger reaction in LA, and it's not even an LA track. Put you on the game was hot, but it's basically a down south Timbo track with a west coast artist on it and doesn't really have a west coast feel to it. This track is a perfect tempo, and you could do 10 diff dances to it easily. It hasn't really blown up big, so yeah it might be hard to call it as the club song of the year like that, but I definitely feel that if it gets exposed it could be big as hell. EVERY person I play it for loves it the second the drums come in.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2005, 10:35:09 AM »

I don't think it's a song that gets a bigger reaction in LA, and it's not even an LA track. Put you on the game was hot, but it's basically a down south Timbo track with a west coast artist on it and doesn't really have a west coast feel to it. This track is a perfect tempo, and you could do 10 diff dances to it easily. It hasn't really blown up big, so yeah it might be hard to call it as the club song of the year like that, but I definitely feel that if it gets exposed it could be big as hell. EVERY person I play it for loves it the second the drums come in.

man u should check out mac dre album, he got tons of club bangers but i cant believe you never heard feeling myself by mac dre (off his album), it was bigger here than super hyphy, it won song of a year (in the bay awards)

westkoastanostra

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2005, 11:22:49 AM »
i thought both "super hyphy" and "feelin myself" were both club songs of the year....they both got hella radio play....

dubee

• 'G'
  • "it dont matta, as long as my pocket gets fatta"
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2005, 01:43:32 PM »
probably al boo boo from mac dre is all pretty much a club banger. any album from him is. after he got out the pen he started gettin to more party oriented shit and all of it slaps.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2005, 04:24:55 PM »
yah "feelin myself" slaps but that was last year. as for 05, "super hyphy" could be it, altho i woulda liked to hear "boom boom clap" get pushed up a little more
I got a bird's eye view

Paul

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2005, 04:31:59 PM »
fandango
tq - right on
funkyfreshintheflesh