Author Topic: Sheek Louch - After taxes review from The Source (Prod: Alchemist, Havoc, etc.)  (Read 285 times)

Jome

Sheek Louch - After Taxes
D-Block/Koch

Production: Buckwild, Havoc, Alchemist, Red Spyda, Vinny Idol

Sheek Louch Wasn't supposed to overcome odds. Critics were quick to label the Yonkers, NY native as the weak link in the Lox, as some felt he lacked the lyrical dexterity and charisma of Jadakiss & Styles P. Fortunately, Sheek was able to silence the haters with his 2003 solo debut Walk Witt Me. As Arguably the best lox solo album, Walk Witt Me displayed Sheek's maturation through introspective and conceptual material such as “I Aint Forget”, “354” and the title track. This growth continues on his sophomore release, After Taxes.

While it lacks the honesty of Walk Witt Me, After Taxes compensates with its cohesiveness and top notch production lineup. With Various hiphop heavyweights behind the boards, the album's beat selection provides the right foundation for success. The MC is ushered in triumphantly on “intro”, as D.I.T.C. legend Buckwild provides a haunting string arrangement that sets the stage perfectly. And on the Havoc produced “Broadway”, Sheek delivers thugged out playa tales for the ladies without sacrificing his integrity.

In addition to its potent beats, After Taxes features several standout guest appearances. “oh oh” finds Sheek & Ghostface coming together over a vintage Alchemist piano loop, making for one of the album's strongest efforts. Also outstanding are “Get Up, Stand Up”, featuring Redman, and the controversial “Street Music”, on which Game throws strong shots at the entire G-Unit Camp.

But if you thought Sheek himself wasn't going to speak on the conflict between D-Block & G-Unit, think again. On the sizzing “Maybe If I Sing”, Sheek lets loose on 50, Lloyd Banks & Young Buck. With Red Spyda's menacing bells echoing though out the track, Sheek goes hard at 50, calling him a dry snitch and spittin “You aint as big as those white dudes who cut your check.”

With only 2 missteps “Back in the days” and “All fed up” - After Taxes proves that the skills Sheek displayed on Walk Witt Me were no fluke. Thanks to the superb production backing him up, he is able to deliver another blow to those critics who doubted him. While Sheek may not garner a platinum plaque with After Taxes, D-Block fans will appreciate his decision to stay true to the streets from which he came.

3.5 Mics

-----------------------------------------------

Sounds like another dope album from that boy Sheek, The Source ratings isn't much to go by..  8)
Also interesting to see that Shady DJ Alchemist & G-Unit's Havoc still works for Sheek..  ;D

ABN

the review doesn´t really hand in hand with the rating, they did nothin but praise the album and yet gave it a 3.5 mic rating(if it only got 2 bad songs it should get a higher rating). not that anyone should take their ratings serious these days but hey. lookin forward to hearin this album coz Sheek is probably the most consistent D-Block member. but that cuts both ways though coz very rarely will you hear Sheek spitting some mind blowing shit and very rarely will you hear him spittin a weak verse. i´m thinkin of actually buyin After Taxes coz from what i´ve heard so far i think it´s gonna be tight.

GangstaBoogy

interesting to see that Shady DJ Alchemist & G-Unit's Havoc still works for Sheek..  ;D

im guessing those songs were recorded before they made those moves
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ABN

interesting to see that Shady DJ Alchemist & G-Unit's Havoc still works for Sheek..  ;D

im guessing those songs were recorded before they made those moves
yea but Sheek said that he and Hav had talked after their signing and it´s no problems between the 2 camps.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
both songz by Alchemist and Havoc were produced before their new homez.
but Sheek did talkta Havoc and they said their wont be a problem cause itz only production
same thing wit Alchemist.

i doubt they'll do nethin after this album tho.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
cant wait to hear it

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
Ima Get This  8)

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but Sheek did talkta Havoc and they said their wont be a problem cause itz only production

I bet 50 is not thrilled bout this, communacation between two rival camps is a no-no.  :-X

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League

I bet 50 is not thrilled bout this, communacation between two rival camps is a no-no.  :-X

definitely; but because Mobb Deep has that street credibility, he wont say nethin.
plus on that 300 shotz song (itz up at AllHipHop.com , dunno bout the quality of it) i think it was Havoc who said that 50'z beefz r his beefz.

so who knoz wutll happen.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Well Im not sure if Mobb Deep has any street credibility,alot of people keep bashing them saying they have no credibility at all.For example,Saigon met them,he said he couldnt believe he got influenced to do alot of this bad shit & then find out that the people that influenced him to be gangsta & all that were pussies.

ABN

^Well Im not sure if Mobb Deep has any street credibility,alot of people keep bashing them saying they have no credibility at all.For example,Saigon met them,he said he couldnt believe he got influenced to do alot of this bad shit & then find out that the people that influenced him to be gangsta & all that were pussies.
fuck what Saigon said it was what Tru Life,Nas and Littles said that has been the worst for Mobb´s street credibility.

Jome

Re: Sheek Louch - After taxes review from The Source (Prod: Alchemist, Havoc, et
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 07:15:24 PM »
^^ I think a lot of people are doing the mistake of seeing Havoc & P as one..
Just because there's stories about P getting his chain snatched, and having to hide between Littles, etc. doesn't mean that these stories apply to Havoc.
Whenever Mobb Deep is dissed, the specific disses are always aimed at Prodigy, I have yet to hear somebody say something specific about Havoc.

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sheek Louch - After taxes review from The Source (Prod: Alchemist, Havoc, et
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 12:29:53 AM »
^^ I think a lot of people are doing the mistake of seeing Havoc & P as one..
Just because there's stories about P getting his chain snatched, and having to hide between Littles, etc. doesn't mean that these stories apply to Havoc.
Whenever Mobb Deep is dissed, the specific disses are always aimed at Prodigy, I have yet to hear somebody say something specific about Havoc.

Good point. Prodigy is the one that always get his name mentioned, cant recall Havoc's name being called out.

Elevz

Kinda strange to see Havoc produced something on this album... Must've been a recording they did a while back before Mobb signed with G-Unit. Anyways, I gotta say I really liked Walk Witt Me so I'll probably buy this album. Somehow, Sheek's always been my favorite D-Block member. I feel like Jada and Styles just put out too much trash over the past.