Author Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 479 times)

Big BpG

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2001, 12:59:39 AM »
Haha, this is funny, most of the shit rappers use are old songs, thats how hip hop was born, from old records and scratching them, then some folks came out with clean shit, but yea Dre and Snoop took so much shit from old folks

I.e.

Whats My Name (Atomic Dogg)
Snoop Dogg (Double Dutch Bus)
Party With A DPG (Shining Star)
Let Me Ride (Mothership.... )
Next Episode (Can't Remember, but Tash has the same exact beat so it has to be another stolen)
Gangsta Move (Another George clinton song)
Purple (an 80s hit i saw on VH1)

shit......... me and my homie liljermaine have these conversations all the time ....

like we were talking about the new Chico and Nate song, and jermaine never knew that it was a rip from an 80's song, but I recognized it right away. Look at 2pac, a lot of his music has been out .... just gotta know your music to recognize it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2001, 01:34:37 AM »
Dude if fuckin know about how shit like the chronic and doggystyle and just alot of dre snoop shit has come from old funk, but i mean i've never seen dre do a sample this straight up and blatant except for i'd rather fuck you, and intro to tha last meal...peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Goldme

• 'G'
  • That's me, what you want?
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2001, 04:18:26 PM »

GoldMe : by "clie-n-telle album" do you mean Dres 'Concrete Roots' ?

Yeah, that's it. I forgot the name.
aka Supreme pimp: I don't pimp ho's, I pimp pimps

murakami

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2002, 08:41:30 PM »
I have mothership connection star child on CD (The Best Of Parliament-Get it!) but Dre changed that around a little...he extended some of the whistles,he added a different bassline, he sped it up,had different harder drums, had melodies come and go, altthough mothership connection starchild's final minute is very similar to let me ride Dre did alot of things to that song that would entitle him credit but this i wanna do soemthing freaky to you song's first minute was virtually unchanged for the beat of nuthin but a g thang..Dre did almost jack shit for that beat..he did alot for star child...peace-Tanjint

Dre iz a fool for this