Author Topic: The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang  (Read 141 times)

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:15:31 PM »
Anyone picked up this album yet?

Personally i think it's pretty good, not a classic, but definatly worth a purchase. I'd only call three tracks fillers, the rest is the typical blues influenced style of Stones rock with a mix of a couple of energetic and slower tracks.

I was suprised with the quality these 'old' rockers brought, but in comparison it's not quite as good as Robert Plant's latest. My favourite tracks would be Rough Justice, Rain Fall Down, Oh No Not You Again and Back Of My Hand.

There's definatly better tracks than the average ballad 'Streets of Love', which has made it's way on to radio.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 03:44:55 AM »
I´ll give it a listen

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 06:05:51 AM »
I'd like to check it out. I never used to dig the Stones but in the last couple weeks, I've become a fan and been listening to them tons.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 06:42:27 AM »
^^ get Exile on Main Street, Beggar´s Banquet and Let It Bleed

TNB

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »
I've never been much of a fan of The Rolling Stones, but I might give it a listen.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 10:34:57 AM »

Yeah those 3 are all on my record shopping list.

I actually just bought my first 2 Stones albums, Some Girls and Love You Live. Made me wanna buy more.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 10:47:48 AM »
yea i downloaded it...havn't listen to it yet (have had it for a while now lol)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »

I actually just bought my first 2 Stones albums, Some Girls and Love You Live. Made me wanna buy more.

are they good? I only got their classics and a bunch of single tracks

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 11:33:05 AM »
Really curious bout it, but its got a new pure style (what most people don't like) that's what I heard..

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 05:16:32 PM »

are they good? I only got their classics and a bunch of single tracks

Yeah Some Girls is fucking great. I was real impressed, it's got some great well known ones like Miss You (I love the harp on that one) and Beast Of Burden, and some good lesser known ones. Imagination and Respectable stood out for me.

The Live one was good too, showcased some real good performances and some great covers of Blues staples like Mannish Boy and Little Red Rooster.

Paris

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 08:22:51 PM »
I don't know wether you would say this new album is a change of style, but it does sound more contemporary than their others.

Here's the first track off the album if anyones interested;
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28B7HRT1
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 08:55:56 PM »
^^ Thanks.

Paris

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 11:43:48 PM »
funny story bout the rolling stones when there coming to vancouver this girl i knows dad's band is opening for them 54-40 and yea she gets to meet all the fucking members i was like WHAT THE FUCK TAKE ME WITH YOU but im not really cool with her dad because i use to get her high

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 03:41:55 AM »
^ sucks to be you

I don't know wether you would say this new album is a change of style, but it does sound more contemporary than their others.

Here's the first track off the album if anyones interested;
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28B7HRT1
props