Author Topic: Spurs compared to 80's Lakers squads by...  (Read 1540 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Spurs compared to 80's Lakers squads by...
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2005, 10:49:16 AM »
"Anybody with half a brain knows Kobe is one of the three best all-around players in the league. Personally, I think he's the best." - Sports Illustrated senior writer Jack McCallum

...I can keep going.

just as anyone else could about at least 5 other players in the league. Like i said, i put up a poll after the finales where every single ESPN analyst rated Duncan as the best PF ever. you listed 2 unbiased (non laker fan, non laker related) opinions out of all of those. its not hard to find quotes of people saying things like that. unfortunately, opinions change year to year. Shit, sometimes month to month. People opinions of Kobe at the end of Shaqs championship, were a lot higher then they were at the end of his teams shitty year, and his shitty year basically. Being great for half a career doesnt do shit for u. He might be the leader of a team that squeeks into the playoffs every year, for the rest of his career. So honestly, your little quotes dont prove anything. Keep workin on your argument NIK...youll pick it up eventually.

lol@ you guys bein so blind... :stupid:

See, it's a lose-lose situation with you. You ask me to show you where analysts and NBA heads say Kobe is the best, yet when I do you come up with excuses as to why it doesn't justify shit...Stephon Marbury, Baron Davis, Jack McCallum, Ice Cube, and Byron Scott have no affiliation with the Laker orginization. The point is, so many credible heads have claimed Kobe is the best and closest thing to Jordan in the past, definitely more so than any other player...1 bad year doesn't define Kobe's amazing career. If you think one bad year can erase all of the tremendous accomplishment Kobe has under his belt, then you're simply a hater who doesn't like seeing peeps on top...Keep hatin.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2005, 02:35:18 PM »
TeeRaySix9Teen what do you mean when you say Laker fans are biased? Spurs are the best team in the league right now, and they acquired two good role players this summer so they are even better than last year. Magic's comparision to the 80's Lakers was meant as a sign of respect to the actual Spurs, who looks as unbeatable as them Lakers. But obviously only the '80 Lakers will remain in the history of the NBA for the great quality of basketball and for their stars, it's pointless to argue it. Those Spurs are a great defensive team, who plays the best team game in the NBA (with the Pistons), and who have the most dominant player in the league (Duncan) and a lot of good players (Horry, Parker, Ginobili) and a great coach. Lakers are a rebuilding team. There's no need to compare the teams now. Oh, and Kobe is arguably the best SG in the game. It's pointless to argue about it too. Now please stop calling "us" biased Kobe dickryders.

im saying biased in THIS argument we're having. Not all laker fans across the country. my point is, when you have like 10 people who all say the same thing about the lakers and kobe...and its negative, but none of them are similiar in who they route for or who they support. at the same time, ONLY the laker fans here keep saying that Kobe is this basketball God...you dont see how one side is clearly making more sense then the other? I would call people fans, when they think a little bit more well rounded about their heroes lol. No ones perfect, and neither is Kobe. But for some reason, none of you will ever blame Kobe for anything that went wrong with the Lakers season last year...yet, will try and give him more credit then deserved when winning championships alongside Shaq.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2005, 02:42:09 PM »
Nobody lives in the past more than Lakers fans...don't expect to compete for a championship anytime soon.

The Spurs and Pistons had very low ratings because they play team ball.  They play ball the right way, unfortunately that doesn't sell tickets.   Having four Hall of Famers sells tickets.  Having a rapist sells tickets.  Having more drama on your team than Days of Our Lives sells tickets.

Go ahead dickriders...flame away.  But please, before you do, check your replies for spelling and puncuation errors.

Man the fact that you just called Kobe a "rapist" is the perfect proof that you are a Kobe hater. You have problems with Kobe and with people loving and supporting Kobe. Cause really there wasnt no need to call him a rapist, expecially after he "won" the trial and he's a free man. You should respect it. Are you a jealous man? Yes, Spurs are winning titles, but STILL people are talking about Kobe and the Lakers more than the Spurs. You are the first. Face it: Lakers rules the NBA. No matter who wins.

Are u even in America? lol. Just wondering. Youre response was a little ignorant is all. You understand the Lakers happen to be in the largest (other then NY) media market in the country? Of course the spotlight is on them. If the Knicks won only a couple championships in the last 15 years, and were slightly competitive...theyd be on tv every second. You guys seem to mistake who makes the headlines for whos the best team. Making headlines means shit. Would u rather be on the cover of the sports section in the LA Times...or be the NBA Champion? Like someone else here said, the Lakers just have a lot of bullshit drama all the time. How is that something to be proud of? They have a lot of whiners on the court, and a lot of whiners in the stands. Funny thing is, i dont even hate the Lakers lol. Their fans can be REALLY stupid with their lack of actual basketball knowledge, but i dont hate the team. Problem is, Laker fans are SO blind...that when you say something negative about the team...they think you hate the team lol. Stupid huh? If you notice, im probably the only Spurs fan in this thread. But im not the only one defending them. At the same time...whos defending the Lakers? Only Laker fans.

It's funny how you generalize Laker fans...Reminds me kind of how KKK's generalize minorities. Thank God you're not white.

or how u guys generalize anyone who doesnt suck Kobe's dick as a "Laker Hater"?

If you hate on the Lakers, which you've undeniably been doing, what does that make you...?

this is the point. you have a bunch of people who arent Laker fans. Im a Spurs fan...others on here are fans of other teams. Or like 7even, just a fan of basketball. We all share similar opinions of Kobe, but have nothing else in common. You guys, Kobe dicksuckers...all think alike on this. You dont see how its just YOU guys defending him left and right. About everything. Like i said to you before, ive admitted he's good. But not one of you clowns has ever admitted that he needs work in ANY area. If you think he's perfect, just say it...and youd cement your place as the biggest dickrider of them all. Right now, that Speak on It fag has u beat tho

LMAO...Nobody's perfect. That doesn't mean I'm gunna start pin-pointing Kobe flaws while I'm arguing FOR Kobe and not against him. You say I'm a Kobe dickrider because I defend him and don't talk about his flaws. I know if people we're saying LeBron is an overall stronger player than Duncan you'd defend it, and I have yet to hear you mention the wrongs of Tim Duncan...You know what that makes you (according to your logic)...DUNCAN DICKRIDER!

Keep tryin', but you just keep lookin' more and more like a hater...PeACe

thing is, these arguments have been ABOUT the Lakers...not the Spurs. In case you hadnt noticed. And like i said, during these arguments ive come out saying Kobe is one of the best players in the league. As much as a "hater" as you think, ive acknowledged his skills. You guys cant step out of your little box for one second to realize how silly you sound tho.

Another thing, Duncan isnt my favorite player in the league lol. I really dont cling to one guy like that. If you want me to name a flaw i see in Duncan, he needs to work on his free throws...there yah go.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
"Anybody with half a brain knows Kobe is one of the three best all-around players in the league. Personally, I think he's the best." - Sports Illustrated senior writer Jack McCallum

...I can keep going.

just as anyone else could about at least 5 other players in the league. Like i said, i put up a poll after the finales where every single ESPN analyst rated Duncan as the best PF ever. you listed 2 unbiased (non laker fan, non laker related) opinions out of all of those. its not hard to find quotes of people saying things like that. unfortunately, opinions change year to year. Shit, sometimes month to month. People opinions of Kobe at the end of Shaqs championship, were a lot higher then they were at the end of his teams shitty year, and his shitty year basically. Being great for half a career doesnt do shit for u. He might be the leader of a team that squeeks into the playoffs every year, for the rest of his career. So honestly, your little quotes dont prove anything. Keep workin on your argument NIK...youll pick it up eventually.

See, it's a lose-lose situation with you. You ask me to show you where analysts and NBA heads say Kobe is the best, yet when I do you come up with excuses as to why it doesn't justify shit...Stephon Marbury, Baron Davis, Jack McCallum, Ice Cube, and Byron Scott have no affiliation with the Laker orginization. The point is, so many credible heads have claimed Kobe is the best and closest thing to Jordan in the past, definitely more so than any other player...1 bad year doesn't define Kobe's amazing career. If you think one bad year can erase all of the tremendous accomplishment Kobe has under his belt, then you're simply a hater who doesn't like seeing peeps on top...Keep hatin.

keep suckin...

no one is going to consider Kobe the best player in the league starting with this next season. last year was only proof that Kobe rode Shaqs coattails. Ice Cube is seen at damn near every laker game...in case you didnt know, Byron used to play for the lakers. my point is, for every bullshit quote someone can put up saying Kobe is the best player in the league...someone else can put one up saying Duncan is...or Garnett is...etc....etc. All your quotes mean is that you spend more time on here looking up Kobe pictures and information then anyone else would. Congrats homie...

acbaylove

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2005, 02:57:17 PM »
TeeRaySix9Teen what do you mean when you say Laker fans are biased? Spurs are the best team in the league right now, and they acquired two good role players this summer so they are even better than last year. Magic's comparision to the 80's Lakers was meant as a sign of respect to the actual Spurs, who looks as unbeatable as them Lakers. But obviously only the '80 Lakers will remain in the history of the NBA for the great quality of basketball and for their stars, it's pointless to argue it. Those Spurs are a great defensive team, who plays the best team game in the NBA (with the Pistons), and who have the most dominant player in the league (Duncan) and a lot of good players (Horry, Parker, Ginobili) and a great coach. Lakers are a rebuilding team. There's no need to compare the teams now. Oh, and Kobe is arguably the best SG in the game. It's pointless to argue about it too. Now please stop calling "us" biased Kobe dickryders.

im saying biased in THIS argument we're having. Not all laker fans across the country. my point is, when you have like 10 people who all say the same thing about the lakers and kobe...and its negative, but none of them are similiar in who they route for or who they support. at the same time, ONLY the laker fans here keep saying that Kobe is this basketball God...you dont see how one side is clearly making more sense then the other? I would call people fans, when they think a little bit more well rounded about their heroes lol. No ones perfect, and neither is Kobe. But for some reason, none of you will ever blame Kobe for anything that went wrong with the Lakers season last year...yet, will try and give him more credit then deserved when winning championships alongside Shaq.

Maybe it's because we've seen the Lakers more than people who only watch the NBA because of LeBron.. ::)

Last year Lakers sucked not because of Kobe, but because of a lot of things:
- a lack of defence on the perimeter: Atkins, T.Brown and Vujacic are clearly the worse defensive PG in the league. Kobe was named like half of a dozen time in the All NBA Defensive team, so.. i think i aint a dickryder if i state he's a good defender.
- a lack of depth in the bench: you go nowhere when Walton, Cook and Medvedenko are your secret weapons from the bench, lol.
- a lot of injuries: Kobe, Odom and Butler missed like 15-20 games, Grant wasted a year in his career, Divac too, George didnt play for 3/4 of the season, Malone retired, even the coach, Rudy T., retired. You go nowhere with a scenario like this one, expecially if it's already pretty hard for the team to reach the Play Offs in full effect.
- the lack of coaching: Rudy T. failed. That's it. Lakers played half of the season shooting more 3pts than FT's. And they had one of the worse defense in the whole NBA. Hamblen aint even a coach, so i'll not even waste my time talking about him.
- a psicological collapse: in the last 20 games Lakers pratically didnt play at all, loosing 95% of them. Once they went out of the Play Offs spots, they collapsed. Kobe didnt help, i can give you that, but it's stupid to blame everything on him. He was the leader, but he got injured too, so it was impossible to do more.
- a lack of big men: when Mihm is your starting center and Cook is the first option from the bench you got problem.
- Odom playing out of position: he's a point forward, not a power forward.

I can go on and on with the reasons..

You Lakers haters will just reply with stupid things like "Kobe got exposed", or "Kobe aint shit without Shaq" and "Kobe is a ballhog", etc.. I think things went in a different way, and i just explained you why. Don't call me a biased fan, cause i'm not. I see games. I see the problems. I recognize the problems. Last year, Kobe's performances in and off the court were the last problem Lakers had.

This year things changed:

- McKie, Smush Parker and eventually Spree are three good defensive players. An incredible big step from last year.
- the bench looks better now, with George back in full effect, with one between Spree and McKie, and with JJ who made a great season last year. It still aint deep enought, imho. But it's looking better then last year for sure.
- Phil Jackson, arguably the best coach in the NBA, is back in town. Plus we signed B.Shaw (the future head coach) and Kareem. And Tex Winter will back too.
- psycologically Phil is the best guy to give the Lakers credibility: just look at the Free Agency! Derek Anderson said he was affascinated by playing for Phil and his triangle. Same did Antonio Daniels. Same did Aaron McKie. Same did Spree's agent. Credibility.
- we acquired Kwame Brown and we selected #10 Andrew Bynum. Two guys we didnt have last season, and who are a big improvement over Cook and Medvedenko. Plus Turiaf is imo a good defender, a Mark Madsen type of player every team needs. We looks better this year, very better. We aint ok yet, but it's better than last year.
- Odom will play the triangle: the best system possible, for him. And he's the best player in the league for the system.

That's why i'm pretty optimistic about next year.

It's simple.. if next year we will sux, then it's official: let's blame Kobe! If things will go better, i say it's because of those things. Kobe dickryders will say it's only because of Kobe. Lakers haters will say it's only because of Phil.

That's how i feel about it.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2005, 02:19:53 AM »

Maybe it's because we've seen the Lakers more than people who only watch the NBA because of LeBron.. ::)

- a lack of defence on the perimeter: Atkins, T.Brown and Vujacic are clearly the worse defensive PG in the league. Kobe was named like half of a dozen time in the All NBA Defensive team, so.. i think i aint a dickryder if i state he's a good defender.
- a lack of depth in the bench: you go nowhere when Walton, Cook and Medvedenko are your secret weapons from the bench, lol.
- a lot of injuries: Kobe, Odom and Butler missed like 15-20 games, Grant wasted a year in his career, Divac too, George didnt play for 3/4 of the season, Malone retired, even the coach, Rudy T., retired. You go nowhere with a scenario like this one, expecially if it's already pretty hard for the team to reach the Play Offs in full effect.
- the lack of coaching: Rudy T. failed. That's it. Lakers played half of the season shooting more 3pts than FT's. And they had one of the worse defense in the whole NBA. Hamblen aint even a coach, so i'll not even waste my time talking about him.
- a psicological collapse: in the last 20 games Lakers pratically didnt play at all, loosing 95% of them. Once they went out of the Play Offs spots, they collapsed. Kobe didnt help, i can give you that, but it's stupid to blame everything on him. He was the leader, but he got injured too, so it was impossible to do more.
- a lack of big men: when Mihm is your starting center and Cook is the first option from the bench you got problem.

You Lakers haters will just reply with stupid things like "Kobe got exposed", or "Kobe aint shit without Shaq" and "Kobe is a ballhog", etc.. I think things went in a different way, and i just explained you why. Don't call me a biased fan, cause i'm not. I see games. I see the problems. I recognize the problems. Last year, Kobe's performances in and off the court were the last problem Lakers had.

- McKie, Smush Parker and eventually Spree are three good defensive players. An incredible big step from last year.
- the bench looks better now, with George back in full effect, with one between Spree and McKie, and with JJ who made a great season last year. It still aint deep enought, imho. But it's looking better then last year for sure.
- Phil Jackson, arguably the best coach in the NBA, is back in town. Plus we signed B.Shaw (the future head coach) and Kareem. And Tex Winter will back too.
- psycologically Phil is the best guy to give the Lakers credibility: just look at the Free Agency! Derek Anderson said he was affascinated by playing for Phil and his triangle. Same did Antonio Daniels. Same did Aaron McKie. Same did Spree's agent. Credibility.
- we acquired Kwame Brown and we selected #10 Andrew Bynum. Two guys we didnt have last season, and who are a big improvement over Cook and Medvedenko. Plus Turiaf is imo a good defender, a Mark Madsen type of player every team needs. We looks better this year, very better. We aint ok yet, but it's better than last year.
- Odom will play the triangle: the best system possible, for him. And he's the best player in the league for the system.

It's simple.. if next year we will sux, then it's official: let's blame Kobe! If things will go better, i say it's because of those things. Kobe dickryders will say it's only because of Kobe. Lakers haters will say it's only because of Phil.

question is, how many people on here arguing with you do u think are Lebron fans?  Im not at all. He's good, his game is good. But i still wouldnt watch a Cleveland game unless it was the only game on tv lol. So what does that have to do with anything? Im a Spurs fan, so i have no bias in a Kobe/Lebron argument. I could really careless about either one of em. But you see, that others...who dont cheer for Lebron OR Kobe feel. We seem to side with Lebron. Those siding with Kobe on here, Kobe fans. How can you not notice that?

As far as next year, i agree...you guys will be better. I dont think a lot of people on here think differently. Will you guys win a championship? No. But youll be better then last year. My problem with you dickriders is that you dont EVER want to admit that maybe...just maybe, Kobe was part of the problem last year. If you guys had a decent season, it would have been "all praise to Kobe!". But with a shitty season its "Kobe had no help". Pick one, he's either the man on your team...or not. The man gets the credit in a win, and the blame in a loss. Accept it. HE is the so called team leader, and he lead his team to the second best record in LA. In the "Lebron argument", the ONLY argument any kobe dickrider made in his defense is that he's accomplished so much more then Lebron. What has that been exactly? Championships. You guys discount Lebron as being equal to Kobe right now, because he didnt lead his team to the playoffs last year....well, newsflash! Neither did Kobe. This is why you guys sound ridiculous. Its about seeing things with a little deeper perspective then just "Kobe's #1!!" Im the one that said before, i wish the Lakers were good again. I wish they were at the top, with us. I like the rivalry. There are no real GOOD rivalries in the west as of right now. I guess ill just have to settle with championships until you guys sort your issues out  ;D

acbaylove

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2005, 07:13:29 AM »
question is, how many people on here arguing with you do u think are Lebron fans?  Im not at all. He's good, his game is good. But i still wouldnt watch a Cleveland game unless it was the only game on tv lol. So what does that have to do with anything? Im a Spurs fan, so i have no bias in a Kobe/Lebron argument. I could really careless about either one of em. But you see, that others...who dont cheer for Lebron OR Kobe feel. We seem to side with Lebron. Those siding with Kobe on here, Kobe fans. How can you not notice that?

I do. And it's cool. I dont change my opinion based on what other people thinks about the subject. I prefeer Kobe because it's 8 years i'm watching him playing, and i know what he can bring on the table. LeBron is another fantastic player, and MVP type of player. But i'm still supporting Kobe more, CAUSE i'm a Laker fan. I'm not here saying LeBron sux and Kobe is God. Both are on the same level, but Kobe did more (obviously) in the past PLUS he's a Laker. So i'm with him. It's like comparing Maradona with Pelè. It's not a blasphemy if you say Pelè was better. Feel me? They are on the same level. Then you choose one because of multiple (personal) reasons.

As far as next year, i agree...you guys will be better. I dont think a lot of people on here think differently. Will you guys win a championship? No. But youll be better then last year. My problem with you dickriders is that you dont EVER want to admit that maybe...just maybe, Kobe was part of the problem last year. If you guys had a decent season, it would have been "all praise to Kobe!". But with a shitty season its "Kobe had no help". Pick one, he's either the man on your team...or not. The man gets the credit in a win, and the blame in a loss. Accept it. HE is the so called team leader, and he lead his team to the second best record in LA.

Every player in the league playing in them Lakers -> worse season of his career. Kobe had his worse season of his career, imo. But it's not ONLY because of himself. It's ALSO because of the team. He aint no Shaq who can dominate the game. He's a SG. He NEEDS other player to win. Is it clear enought now?

In the "Lebron argument", the ONLY argument any kobe dickrider made in his defense is that he's accomplished so much more then Lebron. What has that been exactly? Championships. You guys discount Lebron as being equal to Kobe right now, because he didnt lead his team to the playoffs last year....well, newsflash! Neither did Kobe. This is why you guys sound ridiculous. Its about seeing things with a little deeper perspective then just "Kobe's #1!!" Im the one that said before, i wish the Lakers were good again. I wish they were at the top, with us. I like the rivalry. There are no real GOOD rivalries in the west as of right now. I guess ill just have to settle with championships until you guys sort your issues out  ;D

The problem with LeBron is that the media made him an All-Star MVP calyber player BEFORE HE JOINED THE NBA! So he have to prove - like the without-Shaq Kobe - he's really "that" good. He's in the same exact position as Kobe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

...I can keep going.

keep suckin...

no one is going to consider Kobe the best player in the league starting with this next season. last year was only proof that Kobe rode Shaqs coattails. Ice Cube is seen at damn near every laker game...in case you didnt know, Byron used to play for the lakers. my point is, for every bullshit quote someone can put up saying Kobe is the best player in the league...someone else can put one up saying Duncan is...or Garnett is...etc....etc. All your quotes mean is that you spend more time on here looking up Kobe pictures and information then anyone else would. Congrats homie...

LMAO@No one is going to consider Kobe the best? Well, who'll be considered best? LeBron? Sorry, but LeBron didn't even get picked as a 2006 postseason MVP award candidate...You know who made the list though? You'll never guess.

Top candidates: Baron Davis, Kobe Bryant, T-Mac, Amare Stoudemire.

Your problem is that you lie too much. Like claiming that only Laker fans say Kobe is the best. But it's all good, I can see why you feel the need. You have nothing else...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2005, 06:00:59 PM »

As far as next year, i agree...you guys will be better. I dont think a lot of people on here think differently. Will you guys win a championship? No. But youll be better then last year. My problem with you dickriders is that you dont EVER want to admit that maybe...just maybe, Kobe was part of the problem last year. If you guys had a decent season, it would have been "all praise to Kobe!". But with a shitty season its "Kobe had no help". Pick one, he's either the man on your team...or not. The man gets the credit in a win, and the blame in a loss. Accept it. HE is the so called team leader, and he lead his team to the second best record in LA. In the "Lebron argument", the ONLY argument any kobe dickrider made in his defense is that he's accomplished so much more then Lebron. What has that been exactly? Championships. You guys discount Lebron as being equal to Kobe right now, because he didnt lead his team to the playoffs last year....well, newsflash! Neither did Kobe. This is why you guys sound ridiculous. Its about seeing things with a little deeper perspective then just "Kobe's #1!!" Im the one that said before, i wish the Lakers were good again. I wish they were at the top, with us. I like the rivalry. There are no real GOOD rivalries in the west as of right now. I guess ill just have to settle with championships until you guys sort your issues out  ;D

Let me ask you an honest question. How many players in the league do you honestly think would have led the Lakers to the playoffs being placed in Kobe's exact situation last season...I'd say about...Ummm...Zero.

acbaylove

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2005, 06:29:17 PM »
The thing i can't stand about this dude is that he wanna blame Kobe for the last season - and it's ok, it's an opinion. I got different opinions, and i've written them, but if he thinks the franchise player is the one to blame if his team sucks, then it's ok, i'm with it - but he ain't doing the same with LeBron, who didnt reach the Play Offs for the 2nd straight season in the East Coast. LeBron = great future, great team player, great leader, great motivator. Kobe = ballhog, overrated, not-a-leader, etc.. The reason? Last season. So if the reason is "last season" what about LeBron? LeBron got two "last season"(s). Why he's so "beautiful" if he failed exactly like Kobe? C'mon man. LeBron got overplayed by Vince Carter!!!!!!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2005, 07:52:38 PM »

I do. And it's cool. I dont change my opinion based on what other people thinks about the subject. I prefeer Kobe because it's 8 years i'm watching him playing, and i know what he can bring on the table. LeBron is another fantastic player, and MVP type of player. But i'm still supporting Kobe more, CAUSE i'm a Laker fan. I'm not here saying LeBron sux and Kobe is God. Both are on the same level, but Kobe did more (obviously) in the past PLUS he's a Laker. So i'm with him. It's like comparing Maradona with Pelè. It's not a blasphemy if you say Pelè was better. Feel me? They are on the same level. Then you choose one because of multiple (personal) reasons.

As far as next year, i agree...you guys will be better. I dont think a lot of people on here think differently. Will you guys win a championship? No. But youll be better then last year. My problem with you dickriders is that you dont EVER want to admit that maybe...just maybe, Kobe was part of the problem last year. If you guys had a decent season, it would have been "all praise to Kobe!". But with a shitty season its "Kobe had no help". Pick one, he's either the man on your team...or not. The man gets the credit in a win, and the blame in a loss. Accept it. HE is the so called team leader, and he lead his team to the second best record in LA.

Every player in the league playing in them Lakers -> worse season of his career. Kobe had his worse season of his career, imo. But it's not ONLY because of himself. It's ALSO because of the team. He aint no Shaq who can dominate the game. He's a SG. He NEEDS other player to win. Is it clear enought now?

In the "Lebron argument", the ONLY argument any kobe dickrider made in his defense is that he's accomplished so much more then Lebron. What has that been exactly? Championships. You guys discount Lebron as being equal to Kobe right now, because he didnt lead his team to the playoffs last year....well, newsflash! Neither did Kobe. This is why you guys sound ridiculous. Its about seeing things with a little deeper perspective then just "Kobe's #1!!" Im the one that said before, i wish the Lakers were good again. I wish they were at the top, with us. I like the rivalry. There are no real GOOD rivalries in the west as of right now. I guess ill just have to settle with championships until you guys sort your issues out  ;D

The problem with LeBron is that the media made him an All-Star MVP calyber player BEFORE HE JOINED THE NBA! So he have to prove - like the without-Shaq Kobe - he's really "that" good. He's in the same exact position as Kobe.

i didnt say it was ONLY Kobe's fault, read back through the posts. But the way you guys make yourselves look is, your more Kobe fans then Laker fans. Why jock another man so much? What im sayin is, the Lakers had a very bad year last year...and until you FINALLY admitted Kobe contributed to the bad year....none of you would say it or admit it. THAT is what makes you look like dickriders. Obviously, the whole team is responsible. But last time i checked, Kobe is part of the team. There isnt this....Kobe won, the rest of the team lost. They all lost. My problem is just that. Like i said, if the team had a good season...you guys wouldnt run on here and give the "supporting cast" the credit, youd give Kobe the credit for being the team leader. But when they lost...no one on here wanted to admit that he was the "team leader", and a part of the losing. It was as much his fault as it was anyone else on that team. You guys need to quit putting him above the Lakers...and you wont look like dickriders.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2005, 07:55:15 PM »

which is the reason i picked Lebron over Kobe. They are in the same exact position except Lebron was considered an MVP candidate last year...and Lebron has only played a couple years. The experiences Kobe is finally going through now...after how many years in the league...Lebron goes through in his second year.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2005, 08:01:57 PM »

Let me ask you an honest question. How many players in the league do you honestly think would have led the Lakers to the playoffs being placed in Kobe's exact situation last season...I'd say about...Ummm...Zero.

This is where you guys look like hypocrits. When we compared Lebron and Kobe we said that there was obviously no way Kobe could have done what Lebron did in his first year or two. Kobe couldnt even come of the bench and be consistent...let alone lead a team. You guys said there was no way to know what Kobe would have done if he was needed to lead a team like Lebron did because we'd just be guessing. Now...you want to GUESS that no player put in Kobe's position last year could lead them to the playoffs lol. Pick a side and stick with it NIK. As for your question, i dont know who could have lead them to the playoffs. Id say theres a few bigmen that could have based on the attention a bigman draws and the ability to get other plays involved. Id say Iverson has lead some pretty shitty teams to the playoffs. So who knows. But whats the point in goin back and forth on that? You think Kobe is God...obviously there is no one above God in your mind. Maybe all of your guys Kobe related topics should be posted in TOT. lol

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2005, 08:08:29 PM »

...I can keep going.

keep suckin...

LMAO@No one is going to consider Kobe the best? Well, who'll be considered best? LeBron? Sorry, but LeBron didn't even get picked as a 2006 postseason MVP award candidate...You know who made the list though? You'll never guess.

Top candidates: Baron Davis, Kobe Bryant, T-Mac, Amare Stoudemire.

Your problem is that you lie too much. Like claiming that only Laker fans say Kobe is the best. But it's all good, I can see why you feel the need. You have nothing else...

i didnt say only laker fans claim he is the best lol. dont make stupid comments man. Im saying, on this board its only you dickriders who are claimin that. as far as real life, you guys are just a little bit out of touch with his place in the league right now. Kobe was on a high during the championships. A lot of attention on him...and they were winning. However, there was probably more attention on him last year...with no Shaq. The team sucked and Kobe didnt impress a lot of people, analysts included. He's in a year where he has to prove himself...but for some retarded reason you guys dont see that. He doesnt have to improve that he's good...he has to prove that he's a leader, and that he can win when he's the man. He HAS NOT PROVED IT YET. Maybe he will, maybe he wont next year. But you guys want to act like last year can just be erased from the records because you didnt like the squad you had.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2005, 08:14:37 PM »
The thing i can't stand about this dude is that he wanna blame Kobe for the last season - and it's ok, it's an opinion. I got different opinions, and i've written them, but if he thinks the franchise player is the one to blame if his team sucks, then it's ok, i'm with it - but he ain't doing the same with LeBron, who didnt reach the Play Offs for the 2nd straight season in the East Coast. LeBron = great future, great team player, great leader, great motivator. Kobe = ballhog, overrated, not-a-leader, etc.. The reason? Last season. So if the reason is "last season" what about LeBron? LeBron got two "last season"(s). Why he's so "beautiful" if he failed exactly like Kobe? C'mon man. LeBron got overplayed by Vince Carter!!!!!!

First, for the record (like ive said before)..i dont think Lebron is BETTER then Kobe right now. I said his future is far brighter IMO. This is VERY....VERY simple. The fact that you even feel the need to defend Kobe against Lebron...and say they had the same types of positives and negatives last year...is what proves that Lebron is ahead of Kobe. We're talking careerwise. How can you not notice that Kobe, for the first time last year had to learn how to lead a team on his own. Lebron...the same thing. Lebron...2 years in the league. Kobe...a fuckin veteran. Youre right, they both failed the same at leading their teams past just being average. Glad someone is admitting a failure by the God Kobe Bryant.