Author Topic: The great Barry Bonds  (Read 848 times)

herpes

Re: The great Barry Bonds
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2005, 08:22:16 PM »
actually roids can make your home run totals increase. and there is a combination of two forms of roids that can improve hand eye cordination.  Up untill 2000 barry bonds hit only 3 home runs over 450 ft in his career.  From 2000 untill present day, bonds hit i believe 30-40 (i forgot the exact number) home runs over 450.  Now think of how many ball thats normally be routine fly balls for barry b4 rois that became home runs.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 08:25:22 PM »
LOL, how in the fuck do you guys know that griffey never took roids?  It wouldn't surprise me.  I'm sure many players have taken roids at some point in there career.  whats the big deal anyways?  I could roid up all I want and still couldn't hit a home run off of Pedro Martinez or Barry Zito.  It takes a lot of skill to play mlb ball, and no matter how much drugs you pump into your body, its not gonna fuel you with skill.
But it can make someone who never hit 50 homers in a season all of a sudden hit over 70 ::) And just look at Griffey he isn't all buffed out like Bonds, Maguire, Giambi, or all cut-up like Sheffield, it looks like he's just in good shape. Steriods are also known to help speed up recovery ovr injurys and that has orked out wel if he's taken steriods right.

you don't know what you are talking about.  griffey is a big guy.  Eric Byrnes used to take roids, he isn't as big as griffey.    steriods make your muscles grow quiker, that is not going to make you hit homeruns.  McGuire was hitting 40 homeruns in his earliest seasons.  Giambi is tearing it up right now.  Arod is tearing it up.  Sure being stronger will help add power to a batters swing, but like I said its not like its magic which will make players hit homeruns.  It still takes a lot of skill, and a great batter.  Look at the players who have been busted for roids this year...besides palmero, how many of them have done anything remotely worth talking about?  Yeah, thats what I thought.
That's right steroids give someone who can hit 40 homers a year hit 70. Isn't it ironic that when Bonds was just a regular sized guy he was hitting 40 homers but when he gained 25-30 pounds he is hitting 70 or should hit 70 if not for the walks. And Griffey isn't that big he is 6'3" 218, checked it right now and for a power hitter like him that ain't big.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2005, 08:28:32 PM »
man you Bonds haters sound abusurd.  by the Barry just hit a upper deck shot in washington near 500 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus in cleats!!!!!!!!

herpes

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 08:28:46 PM »
steroids dont mean you bulk up, some use just to heal from working out faster and to help heal the everyday nagging injuries of the game.

herpes

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2005, 08:29:21 PM »
man you Bonds haters sound abusurd.  by the Barry just hit a upper deck shot in washington near 500 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus in cleats!!!!!!!!

nice to see MLB lets him continue to take his juice

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2005, 08:32:19 PM »
steroids dont mean you bulk up, some use just to heal from working out faster and to help heal the everyday nagging injuries of the game.
Yeah and according to Acgrundy the've worked well for Griffey. :P

WestCoasta

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2005, 08:38:22 PM »

nice to see MLB lets him continue to take his juice
:laugh: funny  ;D

Acgrundy

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2005, 08:44:30 PM »
LOL, how in the fuck do you guys know that griffey never took roids?  It wouldn't surprise me.  I'm sure many players have taken roids at some point in there career.  whats the big deal anyways?  I could roid up all I want and still couldn't hit a home run off of Pedro Martinez or Barry Zito.  It takes a lot of skill to play mlb ball, and no matter how much drugs you pump into your body, its not gonna fuel you with skill.
But it can make someone who never hit 50 homers in a season all of a sudden hit over 70 ::) And just look at Griffey he isn't all buffed out like Bonds, Maguire, Giambi, or all cut-up like Sheffield, it looks like he's just in good shape. Steriods are also known to help speed up recovery ovr injurys and that has orked out wel if he's taken steriods right.

you don't know what you are talking about.  griffey is a big guy.  Eric Byrnes used to take roids, he isn't as big as griffey.    steriods make your muscles grow quiker, that is not going to make you hit homeruns.  McGuire was hitting 40 homeruns in his earliest seasons.  Giambi is tearing it up right now.  Arod is tearing it up.  Sure being stronger will help add power to a batters swing, but like I said its not like its magic which will make players hit homeruns.  It still takes a lot of skill, and a great batter.  Look at the players who have been busted for roids this year...besides palmero, how many of them have done anything remotely worth talking about?  Yeah, thats what I thought.
That's right steroids give someone who can hit 40 homers a year hit 70. Isn't it ironic that when Bonds was just a regular sized guy he was hitting 40 homers but when he gained 25-30 pounds he is hitting 70 or should hit 70 if not for the walks. And Griffey isn't that big he is 6'3" 218, checked it right now and for a power hitter like him that ain't big.

read my post smart guy, Eric Byrnes is not consider "BIG" compared to players like Bonds, McGuire, Giambi.  And Eric Byrnes took roids.  Sanchez was the first player busted this year for roids, that dude isn't "BIG"

And like I said, there has been half a dozen players busted for steriods this year.  Why are all of them no name players who have never made an impact on the game (excluding palmero)?  Why werent' they tearing it up and blasting homeruns left and right?

And like I said before, how do you guys know that griffey never took steroids?  Just because he said so?  Mcguire said he never took them, Arod said he never took them, Shilling said he never took them.  So I guess griffey's word is just better than everyone else's?

Why didn't Jose Canseco hit 70 HR's back in the day?  I mean he was definately taking roids and he admits to it.  So if roids are the thing that made Big Mac and Bonds and Sosa hit that many HR's, than why didn't canseco do it?  Why didn't Big Mac do it when he was on the A's?

I'm not saying that steroids has no impact on a players performance.  of course they do, they help a person get stronger quicker than they normally would w/o them.  Body strength helps a person in every single sport.  If Shaq wasn't as strong as he is, he definately would not be the BB player that he is.  Yet there is hundreds, probably thousands of people in the world, bigger than shaq, who couldn't last 2 seconds in the NBA.  But to discredit a players entire career because of steriods is ludicrous.

Like I said, I hate Bonds, but I am not blind to the fact of what a baseball player he is.

Acgrundy

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2005, 08:46:27 PM »
Yeah and according to Acgrundy the've worked well for Griffey. :P

yeah, how bout Jose Canseco.  Maybe a real baseball fan would know about his injuries, which crippled his career.  Yet, he admitted to taking steroids.  Hmm, why didn't he magically heal?  Or, is it maybe that you don't know what you are talking about and should shut your mouth?

herpes

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2005, 08:49:25 PM »
big never did it for the A's b/c for the longest time he couldnt stay healthy.  and then the season he finally started doing it he was traded to the cards.

Acgrundy

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 08:49:52 PM »
I don't know that Griffey hasn't roided, just like you don't know if you are homosexual or not.
:laugh: man ur pathetic

must I remind you that you're a 25 year old virgin again  :nawty:
just like you remind me that you get butthurt and rant your frustrations like a 3rd grader  ::) :laugh:

oh no I just sparked more back-and-forth internet insults with the 25 year old internet geek..... I won't waste my time though, I advise you to spend your time trying to get laid for a change

butthurt?  I'm not the one who has to hit a "diss" button because I'm not creative enough to come up with something funny to make fun of you.  Now wait 45 minutes until you can "diss" me again.  fuckin faggot.

Acgrundy

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 08:52:05 PM »
big never did it for the A's b/c for the longest time he couldnt stay healthy. and then the season he finally started doing it he was traded to the cards.

Wait, but steroids magically heal you...  So how could he not stay healthy?  and how in the world do you know Big Mac never started roiding until he was with the cardinals?  Canseco said he did them.  I believe Big Mac roided while on the A's.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2005, 08:57:12 PM »
LMAO at you getting butthurt. Anyways I'm not saying Barry wasn't a good player hell he was a great player but you can't tell me that he would have hit 70 homers without steriods. He still wasn't a better player than Griffey or AROD for that matter and neither have had any evidence pinned against them so I will belive them till they have any evidence proving thev have used steriods like I don't know Barry and BALCO.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:59:06 PM by BizzyR.I.P. »

herpes

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2005, 09:12:45 PM »
big never did it for the A's b/c for the longest time he couldnt stay healthy. and then the season he finally started doing it he was traded to the cards.

Wait, but steroids magically heal you...  So how could he not stay healthy?  and how in the world do you know Big Mac never started roiding until he was with the cardinals?  Canseco said he did them.  I believe Big Mac roided while on the A's.

no they help heal small nagging injuries like sore muscles, but they attribute to major injuries, which plagued big mac threw his career in oakland.

Acgrundy

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2005, 09:12:53 PM »
LMAO at you getting butthurt. Anyways I'm not saying Barry wasn't a good player hell he was a great player but you can't tell me that he would have hit 70 homers without steriods. He still wasn't a better player than Griffey or AROD for that matter and neither have had any evidence pinned against them so I will belive them till they have any evidence proving thev have used steriods like I don't know Barry and BALCO.

what the hell is w/ you morons thinking I'm getting butthurt?  I could care less what you think of anyone, it has no affect on me.  I'm just pointing out the stupid things people say.  Goddamn this last statement of yours is too fucking funny.  Your logic is so full of holes that I could make a golf course out of it.  I can't say that barry would have hit 70 HR's w/o steroids?  umm, thats impossible to prove you dipshit.  Just like your dumbass can't prove that bonds took steroids the year he broke the HR record.  I believe he did myself, but I can't prove it, and neither can anyone else.  Just like you couldn't prove that he couldn't hit that many HR's w/o roids.  And saying Griffey and ARod are better than Bonds is a matter of opinion.  Next time you have something relevant to say get at me, until then stick to something you are knowledgeable about, like American Idol, or Paris Hilton.