Author Topic: So its sort of... Bob Dylan month... who's down?  (Read 613 times)

Don Seer

Re: So its sort of... Bob Dylan month... who's down?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 06:36:06 AM »
Bob Dylan R.I.P
 8)

RIP

I don't know who's more dumb.. the guy that said it first.. or the guy that followed the mistake after it'd been corrected..

This was in-stores here today.. its £19.99 .. fuck that. it was on TV last week.. what the hell they thinking?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 09:24:47 AM »
LOLL at the RIP thing and esp Kain

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 03:47:20 PM »
Not a fan.  I of course like certain songs (Like O mentioned, Hurricane, etc.) Blowing in the Wind, the best thing he ever did was "Like a Rolling Stone".  The guy's of course a legend and I can stand it if people want to say he's great, that's o.k.  Personally, though, I can't get past the voice.  I've tried and tried, and in most cases I can, but in his, I can't. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 03:50:44 PM »
Bob Dylan R.I.P
 8)

RIP

I don't know who's more dumb.. the guy that said it first.. or the guy that followed the mistake after it'd been corrected..

This was in-stores here today.. its £19.99 .. fuck that. it was on TV last week.. what the hell they thinking?

In America, frequently at the end of interesting documentary type shows (Like on the HIstory Channel, or Discover, or whatever) it'll say (IMMEDIATELY, while the credits are still rolling!) "To order a copy of this program, please send 19.99 to ..... "

They're trying to sell the shit over here while it's still running. 

Also, on MTV, they had some kiddy show like the OC (it's some rip off, maybe it's Laguna Beach, don't know for sure)... anyways, they put the Season 1 Box Set out in stores, before the fucking show even started running!  So you could either buy the box set, or just wait and watch them when they came on, lol. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 05:12:32 PM »
Bob Dylan R.I.P
 8)

RIP

In America, frequently at the end of interesting documentary type shows (Like on the HIstory Channel, or Discover, or whatever) it'll say (IMMEDIATELY, while the credits are still rolling!) "To order a copy of this program, please send 19.99 to ..... "

They're trying to sell the shit over here while it's still running. 

Also, on MTV, they had some kiddy show like the OC (it's some rip off, maybe it's Laguna Beach, don't know for sure)... anyways, they put the Season 1 Box Set out in stores, before the fucking show even started running!  So you could either buy the box set, or just wait and watch them when they came on, lol. 

I think they are already on Season 2, season 1 on DVD barely came out

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 05:13:10 PM »
and why wouldnt you buy the movie, if you are a film collector and a Scorceses film is out on DVD, most fans would get it

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 07:03:15 PM »
dood did u guys hear puff daddy was doing some gay shit with mr benteey? fucking GROSS!

UAK

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2005, 08:55:14 PM »
Bob Dylan R.I.P
 8)

RIP

I could say the same about you...I was j/k  :nahnah:

AndrE16686

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 05:54:20 AM »
Shit I thought he died ages ago, I never heard this just assumed. But I love his music, just thought he died cuz he hasn't been around well, since the 70s before I was bron. ???.......... :D 8)

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 06:38:07 AM »
Shit I thought he died ages ago, I never heard this just assumed. But I love his music, just thought he died cuz he hasn't been around well, since the 70s before I was bron. ???.......... :D 8)

uhh yeah he has.. a whole bunch of albums since the 70s... for one he narrates the documentary this post was about.. and for two.. he wrote and starred in a movie a few years ago called Masked & Anonymous which featured...  a massively impressive cast list including Jeff Bridges, Mickey Rourke, Penélope Cruz, Val Kilmer, Christian Slater and loads more..  full list here >> http://www.sonyclassics.com/masked/cast.html

as for discussion of the price... 19.99 is a really really high price for a UK DVD.. even hollywood blockbusters etc come out at 14.99 or 16.99 most of the time.. at todays exchange rate 19.99 in US money is  35 USD

pay 35 bucks for a documentary DVD thats been on TV? yeah right!!

i'll probably cop it when its on sale  :D

« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 06:42:29 AM by Overseer »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 08:01:50 AM »

He won his first album of the year grammy in the late 90s. Great album.