Author Topic: Eddy Curry traded to the Knicks!  (Read 319 times)

acbaylove

Re: Eddy Curry traded to the Knicks!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 11:16:32 AM »
I would love it if the Lakers had acquired Curry instead of Blount....

lol c'mon now. Blount will probably be cutted after the Training Camp!

Ummm, no he wont. He signed a $1.1 mil contract for a year...Blount will provide 10-15 mins of a big experience body on the court when Kwame and Chris need a rest.

If i'm correct he signed an un-guaranteed contract worth $1.1 mil for a year, but Lakers can easly cut him and pay him only the days he has worked with them. He'll get like 20,000 $ per week. Then it's possible he'll make the final roster, but that's another thing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005, 11:23:15 AM »

Ummm, no he wont. He signed a $1.1 mil contract for a year...Blount will provide 10-15 mins of a big experience body on the court when Kwame and Chris need a rest.

If i'm correct he signed an un-guaranteed contract worth $1.1 mil for a year, but Lakers can easly cut him and pay him only the days he has worked with them. He'll get like 20,000 $ per week. Then it's possible he'll make the final roster, but that's another thing.

Corie Blount, a 6-foot-10 journeyman, will sign with the Lakers

LA Times

Corie Blount, a 6-foot-10 journeyman, will sign with the Lakers before the start of training camp Tuesday in Honolulu, his agent said.

"He'll be in camp with the Lakers," said Mark Bartelstein, whose client will sign for the veteran's minimum of $1.1 million.

Blount, who played at Monrovia High, has averaged 3.6 points and 4.2 rebounds with seven teams over 11 NBA seasons. The 35-year-old forward-center from Cincinnati spent nearly four seasons with the Lakers before being waived toward the end of the 1998-99 season. He did not play last season. Bartelstein said it was uncertain whether Blount's contract would be guaranteed.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 03:34:53 PM »

acbaylove

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2005, 03:23:59 AM »

Corie Blount, a 6-foot-10 journeyman, will sign with the Lakers

LA Times

Corie Blount, a 6-foot-10 journeyman, will sign with the Lakers before the start of training camp Tuesday in Honolulu, his agent said.

"He'll be in camp with the Lakers," said Mark Bartelstein, whose client will sign for the veteran's minimum of $1.1 million.

Blount, who played at Monrovia High, has averaged 3.6 points and 4.2 rebounds with seven teams over 11 NBA seasons. The 35-year-old forward-center from Cincinnati spent nearly four seasons with the Lakers before being waived toward the end of the 1998-99 season. He did not play last season. Bartelstein said it was uncertain whether Blount's contract would be guaranteed.

I've heard it wasnt. But i dunno how it is, the rule. If i remember well if they dont cut him till one day, it became guaranteed?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2005, 10:10:04 AM »
Regardless, the Lakers could use a real big man with experience and knowledge coming off the bench...Slava and Cook wont provide this. Therefore, the services of former Laker Corie Blount will be needed...He's ready. That picture of his says it all.