Author Topic: Bone Thugs Interview from XXL  (Read 212 times)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bone Thugs Interview from XXL
« on: April 22, 2002, 07:23:15 AM »
Took this from the UBB3K,

xxl: Were you ever happy at Ruthless?

Bizzy: Was i ever happy? Well, I'm gonna kepp it real with you. At the beginning, it was so much shit going on and everything was goin so fast that i just stayed drinkin', man. So it was never really a period for me to reflect on any success. I could never really just sit back and say, "hey, i'm happy". because it was always some shit going on. Hell, the man who take out of a shack die of AIDS. Now when he took us out you know the nigga ain't just drop us no money. We wasn't rich off the rip. When we did "Thuggish Ruggish Bone," nigga, we was broke as hell. We wasn't gettin paid our money 'til it was muthafuckin' payday. That's just the way this business is, it aint no muthafuckin' love. [Silence] We broke 'til then. And then it's like, "Damn, what the fuck goin' on.

xxl: You mentioned that you used to drinl to much and in the song "Dont Doubt me" you mentioned going into Detox.

Bizzy: Ah yeah, man I went into AA with two pairs of Reeboks around my damn neck. Walked around that muthafucka and shit like "Fuck it. I gotta do this shit. I gotta take care of this for my family." Because, you remember that little hiatus when muthafuckas wasnt seeing me? That wasnt all because a nigga wasnt gettin paid for shows, man. I had, shit, five kids to take care of, man. On my own. Shit, homegirl ran off on me. i tried to get a nanny. I couldnt keep up the payments. 'cause I couldn't get a royalty statement

xxl: You also say, "Two of the Bones dissed me/Fuck that we still got history..."

Bizzy: That's right, you know what i'm sayin? Thats like when muthafuckas was on The Bassment and shit and whoop whoop whoopin' about me and sayin' this and sayin' that in the source magazine. What the fuck was that all about, man? First and foremost, dog, we went to LA as kids. niggas was 16, 17, 18 years old man. One-way mothafuckin' bus tickets. We was friends before any of this bullshit jumped off. I dont give a fuck if i never show up for a show. Nigga, Im a strap up and kill a nigga for you, nigga! what! Why are you mad at me for? Over this music shit?! C'mon, baby it ain't that deep.

xxl: There had been reports about a 15-hour meeting

Bizzy: Now, I'ma clear that one up. I dont know what the fuck nobody talkin' 'bout no damn extraordinary pow wow meeting and shit. That's a damn lie.

Krayzie: I mean we been gettin' together man.

Bizzy: There wasnt no big time span when niggas wasnt talkin'. We just wasnt doin it business wise. we was talkin to each other on cell phones, still keepin in touch... It wasnt no big divido what we do. we sit down, we drink, we talk, we smoke, if we got any problems, we hear it out. We cry, we fuckin' fight, we go back to the drawin board!

xxl: So, is it safe to say that you got what you wanted when you renegotiated your contract?

Bizzy: This is one of the most safest things that you can say in the whole [interview.] because on some real shit, if things would have kept goin the way they were goin-

Layzie: We was gone, baby.

Bizzy: We was gone. we stepped off for a second. we did.

Layzie: We had to.

Bizzy: We had to for a while, in order to properly negotiate. So we were able to all sit down and everybody has a common respect for each other. We all have grown. Just like how, after E passed on and his wife came in to take over, we all had to grow. Cause I'm quite sure she never had nuthin like this business, although she has a vast amount of experience in the music field. She has credentials. More than I did when I stepped in the game. So, in other words, we now have a common respect and the relationship is very 50/50. Period and point blank. No ands, ifs, buts about it. fifty fuckin fifty.

xxl: Do you think you stayed with Ruthless of your respect for Eazy?

Layzie: Aw, bleed, trust me. We woulda made some different decisions if it wasnt for Eazy-E. Our love for eazy-e is what made us focused on ruthless and really stand together as a group. We seen what went on with NWA We know that E wanted them to get back together even more. And then, Im a say this too, bleed. No other company could have dealt with bone like ruthless.

xxl: Has Bone ever come close to breaking up?

Bizzy: Let me tell you, man. See, that's not even a probable equation. Even if one, or all of us at us one point in time, had said "I aint fuckin with them niggas no more." How many times have you said that? how many times have muthafuckas told they own mom, "Y'know what, I hate yo ass!" That ain't mean it, ya overdig what i'm sayin'? I can call this man anything I want...

xxl: All families fight.....

Layzie: That be the word, bleed. It's family. Ya know I mean? Family dont fall out, bleed. You not a family if you dont have problems or disputes.

Bizzy: Because, if you dont then that would make it, i think, phony. It's like, you gotta get checked by your family members. They help youi move in the right path. Thats what it does for me personally. I dont need anything when I'm with them. And when I'm not with them, I need everything that i cant have. It's a void to not hear that voice. Its a void to not see that face and be next to your friend who you struggled with, who you starved with, who you kill for, who you die with, who you die for.

Layzie: See why I ride with this nigga?

But is it alright to say that there has been a time when Bone was close to-

Layzie: hold on x3 man, before you even say that, let me say this: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony have never been close to breakin up, bleed. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony has never-"hey put the mic right here"[he knocks on the table]- has never, ever been close to breakin up. Now if i was mad at him [he nods at bizzy], he'd fuck around and tell my mother. thats how deep it go.

Bizzy: We do not want Momma P to be mad. oh, momma p, we love you baby,. Please dont beat us.

Layzie: We raised us. and our families respect us as men because of it. so it was never a time that we was like, "oh, we aint doin this shit no mo'." It's like, he like, "Let me let lay cool off. i aint fuckin with him right now. Let that nigga go get his head together." and if it went to far left, he snatch me back. thats how we do it.

Wish: What makes us really different from anybody else is because we did alot of shit together and then its like we all had individual time. Like me and Bizzy spent a year in a house just writin together one whole summer, remember? Then bizzy and krayzie did a winter together. I think that's what makes us strong because that gives us a way to know each other as a group and individuals. So we know each other's ins and outs. I think all the struggles that we went through together and individually early on in this game made us stronger and prepared us for all of this. Nuthin can really split us up.

....the conclusion. Titled Bone is a family.

If you understand that then you can comprehend how strong they really are. They were strong when they first broke into the rap biz, pioneering an unorthodox style some were simply not ready for. They stood tall through years of struggling, the death of their comrades, the imprisonment of their kin. They proved unbreakable when the pressure of the music industry came down on them. They got loyal fans who reward them with 2pac like record sales . They won numerous awards like the grammy's. And they got youth on their side.

So it appears that they have got their best years ahead of them.Hours into the photo shoot, Krayzie, Layzie, Bizzy, and Wish the four core brothers sit together at a table. No one comes to bother them, and they get lost in their own world. its only them sharing a meal and some sweet smelling herb. The laughter doesnt seem to stop for a minute. Evidently, the best thing Bone Thugs-N-Harmony got is each other.

... The End of the Article in XXL.

:D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: Bone Thugs Interview from XXL
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2002, 11:23:07 AM »
yeah i read this there. dope shit. whats your name there homie? i know tha7th, hellrazor and daz199 are members there too, thats a tight ass board

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2002, 11:41:11 AM »
Fuck the Beatles... Bone is the best group of all time, I hope they return to their old form.  I'm stopped listening to them once they broke off and went solo after the "Art of War".  I never bought BTNResserection, I wasn't feelin it.  I'll give this one a chance though.  Peace.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2002, 08:03:45 PM »
Fuck the Beatles... Bone is the best group of all time

LOL.....hell yeah......where's jake at? come and hate playboy, perfect opportunity.......

Anywayz BONE THUGS 4 LIFE......cant wait 4 tha new shit.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!