Author Topic: Hawks Center Collier Dies In His Sleep  (Read 166 times)

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
Hawks Center Collier Dies In His Sleep
« on: October 15, 2005, 11:15:59 AM »
Hawks C Collier dies
October 15, 2005

ATLANTA (Ticker) - All of a sudden the start of the upcoming season does not appear too important for the Atlanta Hawks.

The Hawks were stunned Saturday by the death of center Jason Collier due to cardiac arrest. He was 28.

According to initial reports, the 7-foot Collier died in his sleep Saturday morning.

"Jason and his family are first and foremost in our prayers during this difficult time," Hawks vice president and general manager Billy Knight said. "Jason was a devoted family man who deeply loved his wife Katie, daughter Elezan, his parents and siblings.

"He was also a tremendous friend to the Hawks employees who spent time with him, and a hard-working and dedicated teammate to many NBA players over his five seasons in the league. We will truly miss Jason's personality and his spirit, and he will be in the thoughts and minds of our team and organization forever."

Collier, who scored six points and grabbed two rebounds in 16 minutes of the Hawks' 109-105 preseason victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, was entering his sixth NBA season and third with Atlanta.

The club informed the players about his death prior to canceling an open practice scheduled for Saturday.

Collier, who played two college seasons locally at Georgia Tech, appeared in a career-high 70 games with the Hawks last season, averaging 5.7 points and 2.6 rebounds.

This is some crazy shit man, seems like more and more people are having heart disease at a young age R.I.P.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Hawks Center Collier Dies In His Sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 11:23:31 AM »
RIP

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 12:21:37 PM »
thats sad even though i never really seen him play

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 01:03:27 PM »
Damn thats sad

RIP

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 02:33:23 PM »
A damn shame that happened...that's way too young...

R.I.P...

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 03:08:26 PM »
Damn yesterday night i was fixing the rosters in my NBA 2k6 videogame, and i remember watching his stats. Fucked up. It's really sad. :-\

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 06:01:24 PM »
sad to here...RIP

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 06:05:14 PM »