Author Topic: The New York Knicks are gunna be a strong team...They WILL make playoffs.  (Read 321 times)

acbaylove

Re: The New York Knicks are gunna be a strong team...They WILL make playoffs.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 05:00:02 AM »
however Isiah isnt willing to buy him out "this isn't a charity"...

LMAO! Ask Curry and James. ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 10:09:14 AM »
Yeah first round this season, second and beyond next season when the team truly gels and some of the youth gets older/wiser (Ariza, Curry, Frye, Robinson, Butler, JC, Lee)...

Yeah I agree Nate will be better than Earl, I was trying to make a comparison though, he will come in and score score score...

I'm also pretty sure he will get an invite to the dunk comp, in the magical words of Jamal Crawford "Spud Webb aint got shit on Nate"

Davis wants to be released, however Isiah isnt willing to buy him out "this isn't a charity"...

As for the Curry at C and James at PF, I also want that, but the Knicks believe for both to be playing at their best they need to be in the low block, and obviously that could create issues. I'm sure there will be times when they run with that line up though... or Curry/Frye (our front court of the future)...

I actually see Knicks advancing past the first round this year...They were bounced in the first round 2 years ago, and this is a much better team than that one. Curry at C and James at PF doesn't make sense, it should be the other way around. James is a pure center and doesn't play the power forward position nearly as effective. Eddy Curry, however, he can be another Tim Duncan. Start him at power forward, he'll dominate most of the power forwards in the east and even in the league...I mean, he's played a good amount of power forward in his career, there's no reason they can't insert both him and James in the starting 5 for the most effective line-up possible...Knick and Celtics will be the surprises of the east.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 01:20:18 PM »
Nate The Great Robinson should be startin PG...not at the beginning..but they should put him in asap...he's gonna be great.

Chea boy, its good to see a UW product makin' it

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 03:14:14 AM »
I just hope Larry Brown will not treath him like Darko Milicic.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 05:37:08 AM »
You idiot. Thats a COMLETELY different situation. It was a contending team who got basically a free pick in the draft. Darko was drafted, but it was always known he wouldnt contribute, because the team was already contending for a title.

Why else didnt he get minutes? Hmmm, look at who was playing a head of him. Better players.

Curry will see plenty of minutes, as long as he puts in effort.

Also NIB I meant James at C and Curry PF, my bad...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 08:13:34 AM »
yo can somebody explain what the hell a shooting sleeve is good for?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 12:16:05 PM »
You idiot. Thats a COMLETELY different situation. It was a contending team who got basically a free pick in the draft. Darko was drafted, but it was always known he wouldnt contribute, because the team was already contending for a title.

Why else didnt he get minutes? Hmmm, look at who was playing a head of him. Better players.

Curry will see plenty of minutes, as long as he puts in effort.

Also NIB I meant James at C and Curry PF, my bad...

LMAO.

I was talking about Larry Brown not using rookies. I was talking about Nate, not Curry and James.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2005, 12:59:33 PM »
brown hates young players.. and I still wanna know what the fuck a shooting sleeve is good for
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 01:49:23 PM »
brown hates young players..

That's what i'm talking about.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2005, 02:02:01 PM »
Very true. I hope he doesn't stunt the development of Nate Robinson and Channing Frye by not giving them the right playing time, causing them to be traded or sign with another team (possibly Lakers?) within the 5 years Larry Brown has in NY...

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 06:48:54 AM »
LOL ^ Possibly lakers, already scouting our guys ay?

Nate WILL see minutes, with Marbury occassionaly going to the 2, and JC not being a true 1, Nate has minutes to be played, he is a hard worker, and will be a fan favourite straight away. He is the MOST likely out of the rooks to get time...