Author Topic: Ron Artest is a Moron  (Read 1454 times)

acbaylove

Re: Ron Artest is a Moron
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2005, 05:02:25 PM »
Everybody knows its a low risk high reward sitaution with Kwame Brown

It is. It is cause Wizards wanted to get ridd of him, so he had no market, and the Lakers was probably the only team really interested in acquiring him. But we traded Caron Butler for him. Butler was making All-Star numbers in the last 20 games, last year. And he was potentiallyt a great initiator material for the triangle, like Phil himself said during this summer. Plus Chucky. Ok, trading Chucky for nothing is still a good thing, but we'll play with Smush Parker as a starter... C'mon. Low risk high reward situation, ok. But i'm not happy about Mitch's job yet. We still miss a starting PF and a starting PG.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 10:13:30 AM »
I can't wait until you eat your words and feel worse than Jake when he crowned the Spurs NBA champs after taking an 0-2 lead in the '04 finals, right before the Lakers won 4 games straight...

I'll be the happiest guy in this forum, if i'll have to do that.

He didn't blame anyone, he was giving his side of the story...Stop ya hating.

"I didn't come to practice because I was going to be a distraction. I was going to slap the [expletive] out of him," Brown said. "I'll admit it, what I did was wrong -- not showing up was wrong -- but I ain't saying what I would've done if I showed up would've been right. Being that I didn't show up I didn't put my hands on nobody. How a teammate, a supposed friend, would go to a coach and tell him don't put me in a game, I would've done something seriously wrong to him."

That's blaming anyone. The same shit he did with Jordan and Collins. That's his biggest problem. I agree that tecnically he's a great prospect, but it's menthally that he got big problems. Is this topic about Artest? Well, at least Artest is a beast who'll do everything to win a game, and he'll play as aggressive as he can to shut the haters down. Like i wrote you before, i cant wait to eat my words too. But i got low expectations from Brown.

His side of the story:

Arenas asked Eddie Jordan not to insert Kwame in the game, Kwame didn't show up to practice in fear of him confronting Arenas physically, Eddie Jordan had Kwame suspended from the playoffs due to the conflict. That's it. He told his side of the story...Kwame Brown has never been coached. Once again, he came into the league out of high school and was treated harshly by the NBA. He didn't get a 100 mill deal from Nike before he played a game, he wasn't handed a team to lead, he wasn't getting that extra push, and was automatically stripped of his confidence...Phil Jackson will bring out the best in him though...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
Everybody knows its a low risk high reward sitaution with Kwame Brown

It is. It is cause Wizards wanted to get ridd of him, so he had no market, and the Lakers was probably the only team really interested in acquiring him. But we traded Caron Butler for him. Butler was making All-Star numbers in the last 20 games, last year. And he was potentiallyt a great initiator material for the triangle, like Phil himself said during this summer. Plus Chucky. Ok, trading Chucky for nothing is still a good thing, but we'll play with Smush Parker as a starter... C'mon. Low risk high reward situation, ok. But i'm not happy about Mitch's job yet. We still miss a starting PF and a starting PG.

How are the Lakers missing a starting PF? Stop speaking out your ass, some teams would LOVE to have a starting power forward who can put up 11 a night on 49% shooting and pull down 8 rebounds to go along with it. Kwame has already proven that much, so it's not like he's completely WORTHLESS and the Lakers just have him starting to see if they can change that...Smush Parker is a playground legend. He's still only 24 years old and he has such a tremendous upside to him. You're telling me he's not an improvement over Atkins? Smush is a defensive player with great offensive skills. He's a younger talent, he hasn't proven himself in the NBA, but with a chance, he can become something. Shit, he's gifted enough to be a superstar, he just need to utilize his talents in real competition...But the thing is, the PG spot is more than filled, because Phil will have Odom sharing the point guard position with Smush, then have former 6th man of the year McKie come off the bench to handle the ball...You Are Straight Trippin.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 11:27:18 PM »
there is not ONE sngle gm that thinks Odom is on artests level.
there is not ONE single gm who thinks Kwame is half as good as jermaine

now im blowed to me it sounds like all you watch are the lakers and you dont really watch the rest of the league like you say you do
i always listen to what Antonio has to say but you are an idiot im sorry

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 09:46:30 AM »
there is not ONE sngle gm that thinks Odom is on artests level.
there is not ONE single gm who thinks Kwame is half as good as jermaine

now im blowed to me it sounds like all you watch are the lakers and you dont really watch the rest of the league like you say you do
i always listen to what Antonio has to say but you are an idiot im sorry

Did I say those thing? You are fucking retarded...Odom, as of now, is not up there with Artest. But he's not that far off, I mean, even their numbers are very similar (discluding Artests 7 game season stats). Odom has a lot more hype to him than Artest. Odom is headlining the list of future NBA superstars. Doesn't mean he's there yet, but with the help of Phil and Pippen, he will be soon. Kwame, of courrrrrsseeee, is not as good as Jermain right now. We wouldn't have been able to acquire him if that were true. But to say there isn't a chance that he will become something more is flat out ignorant. I'm not saying he will be better than Jermain, but he definitely is capable of being...PeACe

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2005, 12:28:27 PM »
^^ok good shit i agree with that, earlier in the thread i miss understood ya