Author Topic: Black Rob: Diddy's Lyrical Elixir  (Read 187 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Black Rob: Diddy's Lyrical Elixir
« on: October 21, 2005, 05:18:32 PM »
Not many emcees have enough lyrical elixir within their words and personalities to return to hip hop after a five year layoff. Add to that five year hiatus, several run-ins with the law (which left the public thinking that Black Rob aka Robert Ross was doing life in prison due to the fact that that he obtained his fourth felony a while back), the kidney disease Pnufrotic Syndrome and a drastic change of lifestyle and most rappers would have just hung up their microphone for good. Fortunately there are a few real soldiers left who represent Hip Hop to the fullest and can still dispense some of their lyrical elixir to the masses and thoroughly hypnotize us.

Black Rob has and still does possess that special elixir that makes his character and personality one that entertains and amuses people along with a great amount of integrity.

If you want to know what real integrity is within a rappers soul and character, then read on and take notes from one of the best to ever do it strictly for the streets. Black Rob has returned and you have all been warned.

HHDX: So, BR what have you been up to recently? How is your health?

BR: Right now I feel good man… I’m feeling aiight. I’ve had it for like the past 4 years. I got private doctors that keep me on track. I’m not dying. It is crazy if I don’t take my medicine. If I don’t take it my body retains a lot of water and I get sick. Right now I have one kidney that is working at 70 percent and the other kidney is working at 100 percent. So it’s an everyday thing man but I’m aiight.

HHDX: Besides your health issues, what else in your life made you slow down and become more conscious and cautious about how you were living?

BR: It was really nothing else but my kidney man. I was living at a hazardous speed. I like to party with a capital “P” man. I work hard so I party hard. At the end of the day… man… I just wanna live and see my kids grow.

HHDX: I noticed you worked with Craig Mack on your latest release is he still on Bad Boy and can we expect more collaborations with him in the future.

BR: I don’t really know the details of his deal but I really wanna work with him again. He was with Bad Boy before me and I been here for 10 years. So he really taught me a lot and I respect him. I’d say that in the future you should see more of me and Craig Mack.

HHDX: What message would you send to the young cats who want to be in this game about not falling into some of the pitfalls that you fell into?

BR: I would say if you got family, pay attention to them man. If you have a family that loves you, then that’s what’s up. You know my mom was into alcohol and staying out all night. I didn’t have a support system growing up. No father figure, no nothing. No one ever gave me a compliment or told me that I could do good. So if you got family that cares about you stick with them.

HHDX: Why do you have so much clout with Puff where as other artists like the Lox were being forced to have their image and music changed by Puff? What make you so special to Diddy?

BR: Because Puff seen me in the studio. He seen my hunger and my swagger he knows that he can’t change me. He always liked to be around me because I’m just a funny ass nigga man. Plus I’m real and Puff can see that. Puff also knows that my music speaks for itself and what I do makes me who I am and Puff respects that.

HHDX: Tell me about your new group of emcees and when we can expect to hear from them.

BR: We’ll right now it’s all up in the air but we working. I got the Bet On Black mix tapes out now and you can hear them all on those. I got Mascot who is like my first runner because you know every squad gotta have a mascot ya know? Then I got Rudy Ray Raw and he attacks every aspect of the game. He’s an old school cat on some futuristic shit. Then I got Phenom. He’s like a future BR. When I first met him he couldn’t put 2 words together, now he’s like the 2010 BR. I also got ONE who’s an R & B singer. I just wanna put people on, but if they wack you gotta tell em’ that. Then there’s DLG who I grew up with and they are part of the movement also.

HHDX: You have refused to change labels after being with Bad Boy and only putting out 2 albums after 10 years, why is your loyalty so important to Puff?

BR: Because where I’m from we deal in loyalty and not royalty. If a nigga got $50,000 he gonna share with me and I would share with him. Niggas don’t be thinking. I can get friends anywhere. But for me it’s more about loyalty cause that’s here I’m from.

HHDX: What took place between you and Fat Joe?

BR: Well Fat Joe said something about “Black Rob going to jail now that ain’t whoa.” Man… that nigga’s shit ain’t even go gold. How the fuck he gonna talk about BR? Let the record reflect that that nigga ain’t made no paper at all and if he gotta problem with me I got goons in every aspect and we will handle anything.

HHDX: How does Black Rob wish to be remembered?

BR: I just wanna be remembered as a real nigga man, one that didn’t sell his soul. I am one of the realest rappers in life. I spoke from my soul and all I want is for my kids to understand that. And for the young cats don’t come in the game looking like Mr. Potato Head cause niggas will try to dress you up. Shit, I’m the type of nigga, if you throw me a vest and a gun I’m good.

J Bananas

Re: Black Rob: Diddy's Lyrical Elixir
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 06:17:54 PM »
god damnit stop saying elixir

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Black Rob: Diddy's Lyrical Elixir
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 07:40:39 PM »
HHDX: What took place between you and Fat Joe?

BR: Well Fat Joe said something about “Black Rob going to jail now that ain’t whoa.” Man… that nigga’s shit ain’t even go gold. How the fuck he gonna talk about BR? Let the record reflect that that nigga ain’t made no paper at all and if he gotta problem with me I got goons in every aspect and we will handle anything.

Black Rob vs. Fat Joe would be fun to hear but Joe should just keep his mouth shut.