Author Topic: Rappers T.I. and Lil’ Wayne have signed on to become official members of Boyz N  (Read 136 times)

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
Rappers T.I. and Lil’ Wayne have signed on to become official members of Boyz N Da Hood (BNHD), replacing original member Young Jeezy.

T.I., the self-proclaimed King of the South and Lil Wayne, President of Cash Money Records will join the Atlanta-based super-group along with existing members Big Duke, Big Gee, Jody Breeze, a representative for Universal Record confirmed.

Young Jeezy, who has experienced solo success with his Def Jam release Let’s Get It: Thug Motivation, was either dismissed or left the group voluntarily.

Representatives for Jeezy were unaware of the Boyz N Da Hood personnel change, but Jeezy commented on his status with the group in a previous interview.

“I was a solo artist first. I'm definitely a boss. I always had a label. I always had a movement. The whole thing with Puff [Bad Boy Records], we sat down and worked it out. I already had my solo situation at Def Jam,” he told AllHipHop.com. “My album was set up to come out first, before I did the little situation [with Bad Boy]. But just me being a gangster and real about what I'm doing agreed to push my album back so I could get the Boyz N Da Hood project rolling. I just want the fans to know it ain’t me acting funny or nothing like that. It's just that I got a solo album out, so just like how I went on a Boyz N Da Hood promo run, I gotta do mine. Everything I do with them, I gotta do for myself.”

While Jeezy was a member of BNHD, he was also signed to Def Jam as a solo artist and had to promote both the group album and the Def Jam opus at the same time. Jeezy frequently missed promotion and marketing tours with Boyz N Da Hood, but continued to push both projects. The BNDH self-titled album hit stores on June 21, while Thug Motivation 101 was released on July 26.

With the departure of Young Jeezy, T.I. and Lil’ Wayne’s roles are unclear as both have wildly successful solo careers and business endeavors as well. Ironically, the pair will embark on a tour of the United States with Young Jeezy in mid-November.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!