Poll

Artest vs Odom/Brown?

Hell yeah! Artest is the real deal
Hell no! Odom/Brown are the future of the NBA

Author Topic: Would you make that trade? (Artest vs Odom/Brown)  (Read 1488 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Would you make that trade? (Artest vs Odom/Brown)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 12:40:36 PM »
^^yeah but ronnie will play some pf this year and a little center aswell remember he is now at 260pounds.
if i was mitch i would do this in a heartbeat, as a pacer fan i would cry if this trade ever happened, not that theres anything wrong with kwame or odom but artest is that great

holy fuck. dude prolly can't shoot for shit now though  :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 04:15:34 PM »
thats the scary thing that supposely he has improved his jump shot, jermaine also put on 20 pounds and is now at 265!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 04:39:41 PM »
Jermain is a beast...

Anyways, Odom alone has better career stats than Artest, just take a look at both their career numbers. Remember, they're both the same age, and both came into the league at the same time (Odom was drafted at number 4, while Artest was taken with the 16th pick). They also both play the same position. Odom is a longer and thinner build, while Artest has the stronger physique. But throughout their career, so far, Odom has posted the better numbers:

Odom career stats: PPG 16.0, FG% 44.5 , RPG 8.3, APG 4.3, BPG 1.10
Artest career stats: PPG 14.4, FG% 41.8, RPG 4.7, APG 3.0, BPG 0.60

Now lets add Odom and Kwame's career stats and put them up against Artest's to prove how ridiculous this trade would be:

Odom + Kwame combined career stats: PPG 23.7, RPG 13.8, APG 5.3, BPG 1.70
Artest career stats:  PPG 14.4, RPG 4.7, APG 3.0, BPG 0.60

:-X

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 04:49:18 PM »
That is kinda unfair to Artest.  2002 Was the first year Artest average more than 32 minutes per game.  Odom has been averaging more than that since his rookie year

acbaylove

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 04:57:03 PM »
Now lets add Odom and Kwame's career stats and put them up against Artest's to prove how ridiculous this trade would be:

LMAO.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 04:57:22 PM »
That is kinda unfair to Artest.  2002 Was the first year Artest average more than 32 minutes per game.  Odom has been averaging more than that since his rookie year

It doesn't matter, there's a reason why he wasn't playing more than 32 minutes. It is very fair and easy to judge them by looking at their career stats, because they both came into the league the same year, both are the same age, both play the same position, both were drafted by whack teams and were traded to better ones...Shit, add the fact that Artest is a fucking moron who could snap at any second and wants to retire soon, and there's no reason why any sane person would make a trade like this...Shit, I highly doubt Mitch would trade Lamar alone for Artest, let alone Lamar AND Kwame. A trade like that can blow up in your face and earn you the title "worse GM ever"...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 04:59:09 PM »
There's something you dont find in them stats: it's the heart.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 04:59:20 PM »

LMAO.

Yes, after looking at those numbers, the original question in this thread seems hilarious.

acbaylove

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 04:59:57 PM »
Hell yeah! Artest is the real deal     - 11 (61.1%)
Hell no! Odom/Brown are the future of the NBA    - 7 (38.9%)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 05:01:36 PM »
There's something you dont find in them stats: it's the heart.

Yes, that's an argument. But you don't trade two potential superstars for a moron with heart, especially when the potential superstars have posted up better numbers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »
Hell yeah! Artest is the real deal     - 11 (61.1%)
Hell no! Odom/Brown are the future of the NBA    - 7 (38.9%)

What's your point? I already stated that most people on this board would say yeah...They'd also say LeBron James is better than Kobe and the LA Clippers are better than the Lakers. LOL. You're seriously BLIND. Do you realize that you've swayed towards the notorious hater side of WCC?

acbaylove

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 05:10:29 PM »
Who cares about sides? I am a man myself, i dont need to be in a clan, and i dont need to be labelled. I'm a free man. IMO Artest > Odom. Point. And i'll stop talking about it with you cause you're acting like i killed your dog.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 05:27:32 PM »
the reason was that the bulls didnt use artest, the 2004 Defensive player of the year, to his full potential!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 05:56:10 PM »
the reason was that the bulls didnt use artest, the 2004 Defensive player of the year, to his full potential!

What's your point? His seasons in Indiana (excluding his 7 game seaon) were also on the same level as Lamar Odom's...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 07:46:28 PM »
My point is that you cant use career numbers to illustrate a point in this situation, since both players have been put in different situations.  Artest has never been the first option on a team to score.    Also, Artest's value on defense is just way better than Odom