What do you think of it?

Bad Idea
14 (58.3%)
Good Idea
5 (20.8%)
Dont care
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: NBA Dress Code  (Read 793 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA Dress Code
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2005, 03:37:02 PM »
Well they are in the grass lol.  It's just completely different

U dont have to wear a business suit.  A long sleeve shirt will do with some khaki pants that are very comfrotable and some normal shoes.  WTF thats fucking comfortable as fuck

acbaylove

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2005, 03:42:49 PM »
All this noise about wearing suits? LMAO.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2005, 04:03:23 PM »
Put a Suit on and shut the fuck up..It's David Stern's league and he could do what he wants.. 8) 

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2005, 04:22:22 PM »
Plus, it is no surprise really that the NBA has become a type of showing off sport.  A lot of athletes have really taken the showing off part a bit extreme when they attend basketball games or at any public NBA related event.  It's just like the NBA Ballerz game.  It's just better this way

Btw, when you see an injured football player on the sidelines do you see him wearing jerseys with a chain?  He is usually wearing a team affiliated Polo Shirt and Jeans with Tennis Shoes. 

Try and sweatsuit with a hoodie on ::)  Even the coaches wear that shit.  They wear hats and stuff....

A far cry from "Business Attire"
Actually, the No Fun League doesn't allow coaches to wear suits, only clothing with NFL logos or league sponsored clothing. It's pretty ironic that in the NBA the are forcing players to wear suits and the NFL doesn't allow COACHES to wear suits. 

The Watcher

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 05:01:37 PM »
nobody is forcin them to play basketball, they can quite easily quit and let someone else step up to the job. if you don't like your job, you quit, these guys should do the same
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2005, 09:13:21 PM »
we have a dress code at my work whats the big deal

do you have to wear those clothes on the way to work also? Thats the big deal. Like i said...its fine to ask them to dress in a suit when they are on the bench and not playing. But to say they have to wear certain clothes from the arena to the bus...thats just stupid.

Another thing, why are people so hung up on how much money these guys make? how does that have ANYthing to do with it? If you guys are THAT jealous of the money they make...get talented at something that will earn you a lot of money. Just because they make way more money then the average person...doesnt mean they should have to bow down to whatever the league says to do. Thats ridiculous...and none of you would either. What if the league decides to tell them what kind of cars they are allowed to buy....or what kind of music is allowed? The amount of money these guys make...is NOTHING compared to the amount of money they generate for the league, or else there would be NO league. This is just some bullshit power trip and shows that David Stern doesnt identify one bit with the people who work for him. You pick a specific culture to attack...and that happens to be the culture that represents like 80% of your league.

Btw...as much as you guys are hung up on these guys salaries. I dont recall anything mandating that the owners, who make far more then any teams entire payroll, wear specific clothes. Cuban will still be able to dress in his normal t-shirt and jeans and run around on the court like an idiot.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2005, 09:21:52 PM »

do you have to wear those clothes on the way to work also? Thats the big deal. Like i said...its fine to ask them to dress in a suit when they are on the bench and not playing. But to say they have to wear certain clothes from the arena to the bus...thats just stupid.

Another thing, why are people so hung up on how much money these guys make? how does that have ANYthing to do with it? If you guys are THAT jealous of the money they make...get talented at something that will earn you a lot of money. Just because they make way more money then the average person...doesnt mean they should have to bow down to whatever the league says to do. Thats ridiculous...and none of you would either. What if the league decides to tell them what kind of cars they are allowed to buy....or what kind of music is allowed? The amount of money these guys make...is NOTHING compared to the amount of money they generate for the league, or else there would be NO league. This is just some bullshit power trip and shows that David Stern doesnt identify one bit with the people who work for him. You pick a specific culture to attack...and that happens to be the culture that represents like 80% of your league.

Btw...as much as you guys are hung up on these guys salaries. I dont recall anything mandating that the owners, who make far more then any teams entire payroll, wear specific clothes. Cuban will still be able to dress in his normal t-shirt and jeans and run around on the court like an idiot.
Your on point, just because they make alot of money means they shouldn't have the freedom to wear what they want? And Stern has been acting like an idiot the last year, suspending Artest for the whole year when everyone said it should have been around 50 games, banning CD/MP3 players while warming up, and now a dress code.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2005, 11:31:33 PM »
What I dont get it....Whats wrong with dressing up? there ain't nothing wrong with dressing nice, thats good man, makes it look for professional, and the NBA is supposed to be professional right?...If i got paid millions, i'd be wearing suits and nice clothes with the money I make so its ok

plus with the new dress code, looks better than players dressing up ghetto lol

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2005, 12:11:15 AM »
What I dont get it....Whats wrong with dressing up? there ain't nothing wrong with dressing nice, thats good man, makes it look for professional, and the NBA is supposed to be professional right?...If i got paid millions, i'd be wearing suits and nice clothes with the money I make so its ok

Most NBA players come from the ghetto. That's what they're used to, they're not trying to change who they are but the NBA is. And the players don't have a problem with dressing up nice but making them wear suits  on the plane ride, when they enter the arena, when they're injured and on the bench, during interviews. Plus they are telling them what to wear. Most players said they were fine with banning a couple of the things like doo rags, hats, and throwback jerseys.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2005, 04:57:56 AM »
What does Cuban do? He doesnt seem bright to me
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2005, 05:11:31 AM »

Most NBA players come from the ghetto. That's what they're used to, they're not trying to change who they are but the NBA is. And the players don't have a problem with dressing up nice but making them wear suits  on the plane ride, when they enter the arena, when they're injured and on the bench, during interviews. Plus they are telling them what to wear. Most players said they were fine with banning a couple of the things like doo rags, hats, and throwback jerseys.

If they did that it would have been straight up anti-black-clothes. The way they did it now hides the true motives quite well.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2005, 04:44:15 PM »
White people and the oversees players (D.newinski,janobili,T.parker ect ect ect) have to wear suits too..this is a bigger issue then it should be.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2005, 12:53:36 AM »

lol so because its something YOU would do...that means it should be a rule? I dont see how people could argue this. Im fine with saying players should be dressed nice when sitting on the bench, if they arent playing. MAYBE even say they should be dressed nice during press conferences or something. But, to say what they should wear to and from the bus...from the plane...etc. Thats just bullshit. David Stern has said a million times that the game used to be like jazz...and now its hip hop. I know he doesnt like that...and now he is trying to stamp it out. The game is more popular then ever around the world...and that has happened even WITH players wearin du-rags and throwbacks n shit like that. Kids like it...but stern is trying to market to adults more.  Id be willing to be there is a marketing scheme behind this. Its only his generation that has a problem with the way players look these days....not the younger generation. Anyways...the thing is bullshit. If he has this big a problem with these players culture...just come out and say it. dont hide behind the "professionalism" excuse.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2005, 12:55:33 AM »
What does Cuban do? He doesnt seem bright to me

he's the founder and ceo of something computer related. cant remember exactly what it was though. and yeah...he does seem like an idiot.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2005, 12:58:13 AM »

Your on point, just because they make alot of money means they shouldn't have the freedom to wear what they want? And Stern has been acting like an idiot the last year, suspending Artest for the whole year when everyone said it should have been around 50 games, banning CD/MP3 players while warming up, and now a dress code.

yeah that artest thing was fuckin stupid. it was so obvious that he was just trying cover his ass. it was such a customer service issue lol. its like owning a business and a customer attacking one of your employees...your employee fights back...but you fire him to protect your image with your customers. not knowing...youre ruining your image as far as how your treat your employees.