Author Topic: Lakers trade Jumain Jones to the Charlotte Bobcats for a 2nd round pick.  (Read 281 times)

acbaylove

Re: Lakers trade Jumain Jones to the Charlotte Bobcats for a 2nd round pick.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 08:47:59 AM »
The Lakers will get the Bobcats' second-round pick in two years unless Charlotte has one of the five best records in the NBA this season. If that happens, the pick goes to the Phoenix Suns and the Lakers would get Charlotte's second-round pick in 2008.

So basically we traded him for the Bobcats 2007 2nd round draft pick? :o

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 10:39:45 AM »
WTF? LOL...It doesn't matter if he's not worth a 2nd rounder, nobody was gunna trade a player worth acquiring for him, so the Lakers traded him for a 2nd round pick, and more importantly, a roster spot so we can sign Devin Green. It basically came down to who we wanted to keep, and we have a lot of talented new guys, like Devin Green, Von Wafer, Laron Profit, etc. all who I'd like to see get a roster spot over Jumain Jones...And best of all, we got a draft pick (from a team that will get an early pick) for practically cutting a player...The trade is nothing significant, but it definitely was a smart move...PeACe

Smart move my ass. Is it smart to have a player coming from the best season of his career locked in your roster till the end of october and then to realize you dont really need him but and undrafted tattoed player named Green? And is it smart to send him to Bobcats for just a 2nd rounder in return to make space for Green? If it is, i'd rather be dumb than smart. Instead than nothing in return, why not trading Jones and Medvedenko to Minnesota for let's say Sprewell? Salaries match. That's a smart move we should have done. Not sending him to Bobcats for free. A 2nd round draft pick aint helping our team when the NBA starts. And we def need help.

You are obviously an idiot. I used to think you were one of the smarter posters regarding basketball, but after seeing some of the shit you've said lately, I REALLY have to take that back. Jumaine Jones didn't have the "best season of his career" as you keep repeating. That woulda' been his two seasons in Celeveland. His contract was expiring at the end of this season and he wasn't providing anything in the triangle...Unlike Jones, Devin Green has upside. He can easily become a player like Bobby Simmons, probably even more...The Lakers currently have 18 spots filled. When season starts, they can only have 15. Jumaine was obviously going to get cut, at least we recieved a pick in exchange...In addition, sign-and-trade deals the Lakers have proposed to Minnesota have fallen through, so what makes you think Jumaine Jones and Medvadenko would be accepted for Latrell Sprewell? I know you don't understand the meaning of the word logical, but the trade was just that...

The Lakers reduced their logjam at small forward by one Wednesday, sending Jumaine Jones to the Charlotte Bobcats for a conditional second-round draft pick.

The pick is contingent on where the Bobcats finish this season. The Lakers will receive Charlotte's second pick in the 2006 NBA Draft provided the Bobcats don't finish with one of the five best records in the league. If they do, the Lakers will get Charlotte's 2007 second-round pick, with Phoenix getting this year's.

Jones played one year with the Lakers after being acquired from Boston along with Chris Mihm and Chucky Atkins for Gary Payton, Rick Fox and a future first-round draft pick. He averaged 7.6 points and 5.2 rebounds in 76 games last season.

But with Devean George and Luke Walton, two other small forwards with experience under Phil Jackson and more versed in the triangle offense, Jones was a logical player to move via a trade.

From the Bobcats' standpoint, Jones was attractive because he's in the last year of his contract.

"I told the team it's certainly no indication of the best player or the most liked or disliked or least valuable player that we sent away," Jackson said. "It's a situation where sometimes contracts are more amenable to other teams and some players are more moveable."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 10:42:50 AM »
The Lakers will get the Bobcats' second-round pick in two years unless Charlotte has one of the five best records in the NBA this season. If that happens, the pick goes to the Phoenix Suns and the Lakers would get Charlotte's second-round pick in 2008.

No, you misunderstood. We will be getting Charlottes 2nd round pick in the next draft. If they miraculously happen to achieve one of the 5 best records in the NBA, that pick goes to Phoenix and we get their 2nd round pick in 2007 instead...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 11:01:30 AM »
You are obviously an idiot. I used to think you were one of the smarter posters regarding basketball, but after seeing some of the shit you've said lately, I REALLY have to take that back. Jumaine Jones didn't have the "best season of his career" as you keep repeating. That woulda' been his two seasons in Celeveland. His contract was expiring at the end of this season and he wasn't providing anything in the triangle...Unlike Jones, Devin Green has upside. He can easily become a player like Bobby Simmons, probably even more...The Lakers currently have 18 spots filled. When season starts, they can only have 15. Jumaine was obviously going to get cut, at least we recieved a pick in exchange...

I already said i accept the fact it was pointless to keep him if he was out of rotation. I was just expecting something better than a 2nd round pick in return. It looks like the Kareem Rush trade you hated so much. But this time it's my fav player being traded for basically nothing. I know Rush was young and shit, i aint comparing them, but it's just pointless to have both Jones and George who will leave us in 12 months and to receive just a 2nd rounder in return.

In addition, sign-and-trade deals the Lakers have proposed to Minnesota have fallen through, so what makes you think Jumaine Jones and Medvadenko would be accepted for Latrell Sprewell? I know you don't understand the meaning of the word logical, but the trade was just that...

Actually the Lakers never made official offers to the Wolves, according to all the insiders. They just talked with Spree's agent, who refused the half MLE offer because he wanted the full. For Minnesota it could have been better than just loosing Spree with nothing in return.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:03:30 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 11:10:51 AM »
I already said i accept the fact it was pointless to keep him if he was out of rotation. I was just expecting something better than a 2nd round pick in return. It looks like the Kareem Rush trade you hated so much. But this time it's my fav player being traded for basically nothing. I know Rush was young and shit, i aint comparing them, but it's just pointless to have both Jones and George who will leave us in 12 months and to receive just a 2nd rounder in return.

Jumaine Jones had no trade value. If he did get traded, it wouldn't be for a good enough player, and our roster is already packed...Kareem Rush was a hot young developing prospect with future all-star hopes when we traded him. That's not even a comparable scenerio...

Actually the Lakers never made official offers to the Wolves, according to all the insiders. They just talked with Spree's agent, who refused the half MLE offer because he wanted the full. For Minnesota it could have been better than just loosing Spree with nothing in return.

Actually, the Lakers could only offer the $1.1 mil, unless they completed a sign-and-trade. Minnesota didn't find any tradable players worthy of a sign-and-trade, maybe it could've been better for Minnesota if they did, but they didn't...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 11:33:12 AM »
Jumaine Jones had no trade value. If he did get traded, it wouldn't be for a good enough player, and our roster is already packed...Kareem Rush was a hot young developing prospect with future all-star hopes when we traded him. That's not even a comparable scenerio...

"I know Rush was young and shit, i aint comparing them"..

Actually, the Lakers could only offer the $1.1 mil, unless they completed a sign-and-trade. Minnesota didn't find any tradable players worthy of a sign-and-trade, maybe it could've been better for Minnesota if they did, but they didn't...PeACe

Did we offer them Jumaine Jones?

P.S. A 2nd round pick for George and Jones still sucks. Since the plan is to develope young players why not trading them both for a good player? Maybe Magloire?

Parker, Odom, Kobe, Magloire, Brown.
(McKie, Profit, Walton, Cook, Mihm)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:35:14 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 11:44:05 AM »

"I know Rush was young and shit, i aint comparing them"..

Did we offer them Jumaine Jones?

P.S. A 2nd round pick for George and Jones still sucks. Since the plan is to develope young players why not trading them both for a good player? Maybe Magloire?

Parker, Odom, Kobe, Magloire, Brown.
(McKie, Profit, Walton, Cook, Mihm)

Are you fucking out of your mind? What the fuck makes you think that New Orleans would trade Magloire for George+Jones...LOLLL. The Lakers already trageted Magloire, offering Caron Butler and a pick, but New Orleans wanted Chris Mihm as well...The Lakers definitely didn't wanna do that, so trade talks for Magloire fell through...Get it through your head, Jones is not trade worthy. Shit, he'd get cut from most NBA rosters. No one would trade for a player like Jones, unless they REALLY weren't losing anything...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2005, 09:02:11 PM »

No, you misunderstood. We will be getting Charlottes 2nd round pick in the next draft. If they miraculously happen to achieve one of the 5 best records in the NBA, that pick goes to Phoenix and we get their 2nd round pick in 2007 instead...PeACe

The Los Angeles Lakers have traded forward Jumaine Jones to the Charlotte Bobcats for a 2007 second round draft pick, it was announced Wednesday by General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

www.lakers.com ???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 10:18:07 AM »
The pick is contingent on where the Bobcats finish this season. The Lakers will receive Charlotte's second pick in the 2006 NBA Draft provided the Bobcats don't finish with one of the five best records in the league. If they do, the Lakers will get Charlotte's 2007 second-round pick, with Phoenix getting this year's.

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 01:50:49 PM »
Ok. ;)