Author Topic: Corie Blount waived + Final Laker roster for the 2005-2006 season.  (Read 111 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Yup...Corie Blount got the boot. Phil Jackson kept mentioning his wanting to keep him this past week and actually said he would make the roster a couple days ago...But it looks as if the Lakers didn't wanna see Profit or Green go. Blount was injured and coulda ended up not even being fit enough to play for a while...I woulda liked to see Blount stay, also due to the fact that it woulda' left us with a perfectly balanced roster, but here is the current Laker roster:

Smush Parker...Aaron McKie/Sasha Vujacic
Kobe Bryant...Laron Profit/Devin Green/Von Wafer
Lamar Odom...Devean George/Luke Walton
Kwame Brown...Brian Cook/Slava Medvadenko
Chris Mihm...Andrew Bynum

Coach: Phil Jackson

Starting line-up
PG Smush Parker
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Lamar Odom
PF Kwame Brown
C Chris Mihm

Second unit:
PG Aaron Mckie
SG Laron Profit
SF Devean George
PF Brian Cook
C Andrew Bynum

Third unit:
PG Sasha Vuvajic
SG Von Wafer
SF Devin Green
PF Luke Walton
C Slava Medvadenko

...Not bad. Season begins Wednesday. 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Corie Blount waived + Final Laker roster for the 2005-2006 season.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 06:08:50 PM »
Losing Turiaf screwed us up there but we can't afford to have a roster spot reserved for a washed up player that's injured (Blount) and won't see a minute of playing time.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that neither Kwame or Mihm get injured. We are horribly thin on the front court. From what I've seen of Bynum, he is extremely raw and he's not ready yet. I'd like to see if we can trade some of our SG/SF glut for a serviceable big. Mitch better keep his head glued to the phone.

Despite that, I am optimistic and I like our chances. This team is already superior over last year's team and will improve once the players get used to the triangle. Our players are hungry and are willing to learn from the hall-of-fame assistant coaches. I expect Kobe to average in the neighborhood of 30 a game, but expect a dip in assists due to his playing on the wing. Kobe on the wing makes him much more dangerous and he's playing a role that comes naturally for him.

Once Odom gets used to his new role as the facilitator, he'll flourish in it. He likes to make things happen for his teammates, so this role is perfect. He just needs time to learn it and to pick his spots where he can be aggressive. He'll be fine.

Kwame looks lost at times but he has a lot to prove and he's already shown us what he's capable of. Once he gets more comfortable, he'll be more productive. I expect around 14/8 from Brown this year.

Smush is an upgrade over Chucky. He can hit an open j and he at least attempts to play defense. I like the way he approaches the game.

Devean George and Brian Cook are the key guys off the bench. DG lit it up in pre-season, hopefully he can keep his focus during the regular season. If he can give us 10 - 14 from the bench and stays aggressive defensively, that will help us out considerably. I've seen improvements in Cook's game in the preseason, he looks like he's in better shape, hopefully he'll be a serviceable big off the bench. Slava, well never mind, he sucks.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 06:15:04 PM »
I agree, I like our chances.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 08:34:03 PM »
best of luck to the lakers this season...i can see playoffs
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 08:38:16 PM »
I like the Parker/McKie for PG's, could be good shit

thatboi

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 11:15:08 PM »
Yeah they could go to the playoffs with that squad.
looking for mc's for The Resistance group svh398@hotmail.com get at me.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:58:43 AM »
Lakers will be the Be the 3rd best team in the west and will win the Pacific Division. Kobe = MVP, Phil = Coach of the Yr

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 11:55:01 AM »
Lakers will be the Be the 3rd best team in the west and will win the Pacific Division. Kobe = MVP, Phil = Coach of the Yr

Don't forget...
Devean George = 6th man of the year
Kwame Brown = Most improved player
Lakers = surprise team of 2006.

8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 07:36:54 PM »
I believe that IF Kobe isn't a dumbass and does everything Phil tells him, it can happen

P.S.  that would be the tightest thing ever  8)