Author Topic: Any other University/College students having the work piled on hardcore?  (Read 265 times)

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Any other University/College students having the work piled on hardcore?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2005, 05:31:57 PM »
As I type this, I am procrastinating on writing my essay. Anyone have any tips on stopping procrastination?
hahahaaaaaa...reality is you will never stop procrastination. That is my biggest problem and each semester I kept telling myself I had finally solved this problem, but now I realized I will continue to fight this problem for the rest of my college years. I SWEAR to god I have ADD. Man I require some much time to do homework in advance it is not even funny.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 05:35:51 PM »
As I type this, I am procrastinating on writing my essay. Anyone have any tips on stopping procrastination?
hahahaaaaaa...reality is you will never stop procrastination. That is my biggest problem and each semester I kept telling myself I had finally solved this problem, but now I realized I will continue to fight this problem for the rest of my college years. I SWEAR to god I have ADD. Man I require some much time to do homework in advance it is not even funny.
Story of my life.

man fuck all that, that's what I don't go to school..... I could never do it
and it shows. lol j/k

We Fly High

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2005, 05:52:41 PM »
luckily im going through my last college course ever. and its just some bullshit online class im taking thru UCLA extension to just get the last 4 random units i need to graduate. shits hella wack cos i thought i graduated, but i find out the day im supposed to move to LA that i am missing 1 upper division elective class. but whatevers. class is pretty damn easy, so i finish on dec 10 or some shit.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 06:03:18 PM »
I don't know how it works in other jurisdictions, but I hate the citation thing with essays. I think it's ridiculous, I need to reference 5 books, 3 journal articles and 4 "other sources" (websites) which is ridiculous. I know tons about my topic, that's why I chose it. It's ridiculous I'm getting quotes right now from books that just tell me what I already know.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ecrazy

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 06:13:16 PM »
I don't know how it works in other jurisdictions, but I hate the citation thing with essays. I think it's ridiculous, I need to reference 5 books, 3 journal articles and 4 "other sources" (websites) which is ridiculous. I know tons about my topic, that's why I chose it. It's ridiculous I'm getting quotes right now from books that just tell me what I already know.
Base your Essay on your sources or at least one of your sources, if you have not already picked a topic. or just find symbolism in your story and find different sources that talk about different symbolism

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 06:19:46 PM »
November and Apri/Mayl are always the months I dread.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 06:43:45 PM »
Base your Essay on your sources or at least one of your sources, if you have not already picked a topic. or just find symbolism in your story and find different sources that talk about different symbolism

I know, I hate that I have do that though. It's a topic which I know tons about and have really strong opinions on, so I need to find lots of stuff I agree with which is boring. Who wants to read something they agree with, that's hardly mentally stimulating.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ecrazy

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2005, 07:28:33 PM »

I know, I hate that I have do that though. It's a topic which I know tons about and have really strong opinions on, so I need to find lots of stuff I agree with which is boring. Who wants to read something they agree with, that's hardly mentally stimulating.
Well duh! its support for your argument, it makes it seem more powerful.  The more sources you have that agree with you, the stronger your opinion is. It's like saying "the sky is brown" and everyone saying the sky is blue. you have no strong opinion unless you have support. ya feel me? what are you writing about anyway? a story?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 07:34:47 PM »

Well duh! its support for your argument, it makes it seem more powerful.  The more sources you have that agree with you, the stronger your opinion is. It's like saying "the sky is brown" and everyone saying the sky is blue. you have no strong opinion unless you have support. ya feel me? what are you writing about anyway? a story?

I know why you have to source, but it's like it becomes less of my own though when I need over 10 sources.

And I'm writing about the Canadian Senate.

Paris

ecrazy

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2005, 08:02:42 PM »

Well duh! its support for your argument, it makes it seem more powerful. The more sources you have that agree with you, the stronger your opinion is. It's like saying "the sky is brown" and everyone saying the sky is blue. you have no strong opinion unless you have support. ya feel me? what are you writing about anyway? a story?

I know why you have to source, but it's like it becomes less of my own though when I need over 10 sources.

And I'm writing about the Canadian Senate.
Don't use them all for opinion, use most of your sources for information -

For example, Write something along the lines as "Author Sir Charlie Duncan writes that nearly 30% of canada has a foul mouth(duncan 533). My opinion on that (<--change that up,that sounds HORRIBLE)  is...insert here....Also, the canadian board on foul language says that ... is also a reason that foul language is up in canada (CFLB 12)

Kinda get what im trying to say??

For real, the only papers i have really wrote were English Papers talking about stories. I have not written a paper on anything goverment or Politically related. so i dont know how your source info finding is working out. I would reccomend EBSCOhost for the sources, if you dont have the password, i can hook u up.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2005, 08:22:37 PM »
^^ Appreciate the help man, but I didn't mean that I didn't know how to do it, lol. I just meant I don't like doing it.

What do you study at school? English literature or something?

Paris

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »
What poli sci class are you taking ?  Here in Cali im taking Poli Sci 1 which is about U.S and Cali Government

ecrazy

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2005, 08:29:10 PM »
^^ Appreciate the help man, but I didn't mean that I didn't know how to do it, lol. I just meant I don't like doing it.

Audio Engineering...I thought about Being an English Major, and a Law Enforcement Major, but they were not what im looking to do and enjoy to do.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2005, 08:37:02 PM »
What poli sci class are you taking ?  Here in Cali im taking Poli Sci 1 which is about U.S and Cali Government

It's called Intro Political Science, it's the intro to political thought (Marx, etc..), constitutions, federal states, and it mainly focuses in on Canada but we learn a bit about the US and Britain, along with a couple other countries.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2005, 08:38:12 PM »

Audio Engineering...I thought about Being an English Major, and a Law Enforcement Major, but they were not what im looking to do and enjoy to do.

Yeah, no point in going through with something if you don't want to do it for the rest of your life. I made that mistake last year, thankfully I'm following my interests now.

Paris