Author Topic: Idiot's Guide to PSP SNES Emulator +Complete Mario ROMS  (Read 245 times)

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
Idiot's Guide to PSP SNES Emulator +Complete Mario ROMS
« on: November 06, 2005, 08:26:36 AM »
First off you will need a few things before you get started.
-A working 1.0 or 1.5 PSP.
-A cable to connect the PSP to the computer.
-32 MB memory stick or more.
-Ample intelligence.

Guide-Installing the program to the PSP using 1.0!
Step 1-Plug the PSP into computer.In the SNES archive I have provided under the folder 1.0 unpatched copy and paste the folder s9xtyl to the games root of your memory stick.

It should look like this
{DRIVE}
{PSP}
{GAME}
{s9xtyl folder with the eboot and logo inside}

Once this is completed take any roms you may have or the ones I have provided and place them in the folder s9xtyl. After doing this then unplug the USB chord and go to the games menu on the PSP. Scroll down to memory stick and select it. You will then see the emulator and run it. Further instructions on running and playing will be continued later on.

Guide 2- Installing with firmware 1.5!
Step 1- Plug the PSP into computer.In the SNES archive I have provided under the folder 1.5 copy and paste the folder s9xtyl and s9xtyl% to the memory stick in the games category {folders should look the same as above}. From there just go to the games menu on the psp and run the emulator.

It should look like this
{DRIVE}
-{PSP}
--{GAME}
---{s9xtyl folder with the eboot and logo inside} ***ROMS GO IN HERE NOT IN s9xtyl%***}
---{s9xtyl%} ***NO ROMS IN THIS FOLDER***

Guide 3: Emulator menu and controlls.
Once you are in the emulator you will be brought to a screen where you will see the list of roms which you have saved to the PSP. Choose one by selecting the O button. You will then be playing the game of your choice.

**Controlls**
|----------------------------|
|PSP            | SNES       |
|pad            | pad        |
|analog left    | menu       |
|analog right   | turbo mode |
|CROSS          | A          |
|CIRCLE         | B          |
|SQUARE         | X          |
|TRIANGLE       | Y          |
|START          | START      |
|SELECT         | SELECT     |
|LEFT TRIGGER   | L          |
|RIGHT TRIGGER  | R          |

Guide 4: Menu during game
The best part of this snes emulator is the options while you are in the game. During gameplay by moving the analog stick left {for all who dont know the small speaker looking device below the directional buttons} will bring you to the menu.

***ADVICE DURING GAMES***
The PSP was originally made to run at 333mhz and at times snes games may run sluggish. So by hitting the analog stick left bringing you to the menu switch the CPU clock to 333MHZ! This will vastly improve speed and quality of gameplay. The gfx menu options which adjust how graphics in the game are handled differ from game to game so leave it at the default option. The sound quality and frequency can also be adjusted.

Guide 5: SAVING IN GAMES
So your playing MARIO and finally get to the last level but have to leave. No problem, because saving is now easy. At any time during gameplay you may go to the menu by moving the analog stick left and at the top of the menu ***HIT SAVE STATE***. This will save the exact spot you are in and when you return to the game after shutting off your psp just hit ***LOAD STATE***.

Guide 6: Exiting emulator
You can either completely switch off the power or in the menu go to the bottom and hit exit emulator.

Hope this helps for alot of peoples confusion. Along with the emulator and this guide I have also provided the complete set of Mario roms for your enjoyment.

MOVIEMAN33 OWNS ALL!

Jome

Re: Idiot's Guide to PSP SNES Emulator +Complete Mario ROMS
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 05:42:16 PM »
Interesting..

In the SNES archive I have provided under the folder 1.0 unpatched copy and paste the folder s9xtyl to the games root of your memory stick.

Where can you download the SNES archive ??

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »
I WILL UPLOAD IT ON A FEW MINUTES

Jome

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 04:25:42 PM »
I WILL UPLOAD IT ON A FEW MINUTES

Bump.  :D

Gotti......Xl