Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 301247 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3555 on: February 01, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »
^ Doc Rivers said Gerald Green will be Kobe in 3 years. G.Green is good, but...

Do they drug test coaches?

Nope. They players either  ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3556 on: February 01, 2007, 10:52:33 PM »
Jackson revealed Thursday that Parker, in the final year of a contract that pays him $798,000 this season, was bothered by contract issues at the start of the season. He makes significantly less than several Lakers guards, none of whom are starters: Aaron McKie ($2.5 million), Shammond Williams ($1.75 million), Sasha Vujacic ($974,000) and even rookie backup Jordan Farmar ($939,000).
Parker also noticed when forward Brian Cook signed a three-year, $10.5-million contract extension in October, Jackson said.

"I think there was a period this fall when he was curious about the fact that Cookie got re-signed to a contract, there were some things going on, just the basic understanding of, 'Hey, this is what the NBA's about. This is the rules of our game.'

"He's making a salary that's by and large four times or five times less than a person that starts in that position. It may not be recompense or reward for what he's doing for it, but yet it's a valuable opportunity for him in the future that bodes really well."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep2feb02,0,666798.story?coll=la-home-sports

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3557 on: February 01, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »
MVP IN BOSTON..KOBE

Same thing happened in New York last year.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3558 on: February 01, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »
The Lakers make their only visit of the season to Conseco Fieldhouse to meet the Indiana Pacers on Friday night. The Lakers currently lead the season series 1-0 after defeating Indiana at STAPLES Center on December 4th. Local TV Coverage will be 

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3559 on: February 01, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »
Kobe Leaves; Lakers Still Win
By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer
Posted

Box Score
Lakers Home
Pacers Home

Lakers 101, Pacers 87
 Kobe Bryant scored 21 and led the Lakers to a home win over the Pacers on Monday, before injuring his ankle in the third quarter.

Noah Graham/NBAE/Getty Images
E-mail photo|Buy photos
Los Angeles 101, Indiana 87
Los Angeles, Dec. 4 (AP) -- Kobe Bryant wore a concerned expression as he hobbled around the Lakers' locker room.

The Lakers had just beaten the Indiana Pacers 101-87 on Monday night, playing nearly half the game without their leader. Although Bryant was listed as day-to-day with what coach Phil Jackson called a moderate sprain of the right ankle, he wasn't so sure.

``It should be a lot worse, the way I came down on it,'' Bryant said. ``I'm happy that I feel the way I feel right now. I don't know about Wednesday.''

The Lakers return to action Wednesday night against the New Orleans Hornets.

Bryant scored 21 points before being injured early in the third period, with the Lakers leading 65-46. Indiana got as close as seven points late before the Lakers, led by Kwame Brown, outscored the Pacers 11-4 to finish the game.

``It's always about the next day,'' Bryant said. ``Tonight was about staying on top of it. The hardest part is keeping the tape on because the ankle swells up and the tape keeps it from swelling. So I'm in for a painful long night.''

Bryant got an offensive rebound and missed an off-balance shot before landing on Indiana center Jeff Foster's right foot. Bryant was helped off the court before walking to the dressing room without assistance. He came back to the bench a couple minutes later, but didn't return to the game.

As Bryant sat on the bench, he tested his ankle and then used a large elastic band to keep it loose. He didn't ice it and didn't seem to be in pain.

``I said to Phil, 'If you need me, I'll go back in.' And he knows what that means because typically I would just run right up to the scorer's table if I'm ready to go,'' Bryant said. ``I would have had to go out there and limp. But if I needed to go out there to be a threat or knock down a couple of jumpers, I could have done it.''

X-rays on Bryant's ankle were negative.

``I didn't even know he landed on my foot. I just saw him fall,'' Foster said. ``When I came out, I asked, 'Did he land on my foot?' and someone said, 'Yeah.' I thought he would come back. But they were kicking our butts, so there was no reason for him to come back in.''

Brown scored 17 points for the Lakers and Lamar Odom had 15 points and 13 rebounds before fouling out with 1:46 remaining.

Jermaine O'Neal led Indiana with 18 points and 11 rebounds before fouling out with 1:55 left. Sarunas Jasikevicius added 16 points and Danny Granger scored 15 for the Pacers.

The Lakers shot 51.3 percent to Indiana's 43.3 percent, and outrebounded the Pacers 41-28.

The win was the third straight for the Pacific Division-leading Lakers, while the Pacers dropped their third in a row in the finale of a six-game road trip.

``We've got to get better fast because just because we're going home doesn't mean that it's going to cure itself,'' Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said.

The Lakers led 60-44 at halftime and by as many as 22 points in the third quarter before six straight points by Granger and a basket by Jasikevicius made it 85-75 early in the final period.

Neither team scored for more than three minutes until layups by Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic extended the Lakers' lead to 14 points with 5:18 left.

The Pacers battled back, getting three straight baskets from O'Neal to make it 90-83 with 3:11 remaining. But that was as close as they would get. Three baskets by Brown and a three-point play by Smush Parker put the game away.

Notes: The Lakers are 11-0 against the Pacers at Staples Center including three wins in the 2000 NBA Finals since the facility opened in 1999. ... The Pacers are 5-8 in an NBA-high 13 road games this season. ... The Lakers have played 12 home games - second-most in the league behind Golden State's 13. ``It's OK,'' Jackson said of a schedule that has the Lakers playing 15 of their first 20 games at home. ``Ask me at the end of February, before the All-Star game, after we catch up.'' ... The Pacers (9-10) haven't won more than two in a row or lost more than three straight this season. ... Both of the Lakers' losses at home have come to Eastern Conference teams - Detroit and Milwaukee. ... Lakers F-C Brian Cook came down with a case of vertigo Monday, causing him to miss his sixth straight game. ... Former Pacers star Reggie Miller, the 12th-leading scorer in NBA history, watched the game from a courtside seat. ... Indiana's Maceo Baston finished with a career-high 10 points - all in the first half.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3560 on: February 02, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »
Here we go again, shits going to get ugly

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3561 on: February 02, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »
Lakers Fall Short in Indiana
Los Angeles led by seven entering the fouth quarter, but couldn't hold on as it dropped a 95-84 decision in Indiana on Friday. Kobe Bryant posted 22 points and five steals, while Smush Parker added 20 and six.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3562 on: February 02, 2007, 08:43:53 PM »
INDIANAPOLIS(AP) Jermaine O'Neal scored 22 points and the Indiana Pacers used a 17-2 fourth-quarter rally to beat the Los Angeles Lakers 95-84 on Friday night.

Kobe Bryant had 22 points on 7-of-25 shooting from the field and Smush Parker scored 20 for the Lakers (28-19), who lost for the fourth straight time at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Jamaal Tinsley finished with 16 points, Darrell Armstrong and Danny Granger each had 14 and O'Neal grabbed nine rebounds for Indiana (25-21), which won for the fifth time in six games.

Trailing 70-61 late in the third quarter, the Pacers scored nine straight points to tie the score early in the fourth.

Minutes later, Armstrong and Tinsley hit consecutive 3-pointers to spark the winning run for Indiana. Granger's layup gave the Pacers an 89-76 lead with 1:30 remaining.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #3563 on: February 02, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
HUGE WIN FOR MY PACERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT 4TH QTR!! GYEAH

wcsoldier

« Reply #3564 on: February 03, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »
We will be alright... just a matter of time... trust Phil  8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3565 on: February 03, 2007, 01:09:38 AM »
L'UP :pimp:

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3566 on: February 03, 2007, 01:18:45 AM »
2DAY GAMES

Sat,
Feb 3  Lakers @ Washington 
4:00 pm (TV: KCAL, NBALP) (Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330) 

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3567 on: February 03, 2007, 01:31:17 AM »
we will beat the wizards.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3568 on: February 03, 2007, 11:48:41 AM »
The Lakers are playing horrible right now. They really need to pick it up. Aren't we down to the 6th spot in the West?

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3569 on: February 03, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »
Premier Scorers Face-off in DC
The Lakers try to even their record on their current road trip and the season series tonight as they travel to our nation's capital to face the Washington Wizards.