Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 300951 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5430 on: November 09, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »
Great win against a shitty team. The real challenge comes against the Spurs.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5431 on: November 09, 2007, 11:53:36 PM »
still to many turnovers.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5432 on: November 10, 2007, 12:45:04 AM »
^^^^ yep too many turnovers and no D on the 1st half of the 1st QTR ... our passing game is GREAT though ... with Mihm and Fish back , the "addition" of Vlad and the significant improvements of Andrew, Jordan and Ronnie ... we're a hell of a DEEP team .. imo the deepest with Houston

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5433 on: November 10, 2007, 08:33:32 AM »
Ronny Turiaf = most improved player and 2nd team all defense.

LMFAO@2nd team all defense! You're something else...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5434 on: November 10, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »

You're starting to become like an annoying fly who just keeps buzzing around me. Die already!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5435 on: November 10, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »

You're starting to become like an annoying fly who just keeps buzzing around me. Die already!

You're a fucking basketball retard...You claim I'm the biggest Laker homer and I'm calling you out on something moronic you said in support of a Laker. What does that say about you? Of course it's annoying to have someone constantly remind you of your lack of intelligence.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5436 on: November 13, 2007, 06:43:06 PM »
Well I see the refs don't want me to enjoy this game. I know the Lakers are turnover prone but 15 in the first half?! 5 of those were miss-calls on travels. I guess the spin move is only allowed for the other 29 teams in the league.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5437 on: November 13, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »
That first half showed me that we can easily compete with the Spurs if we take care of the ball...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5438 on: November 13, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »
Fuck a Turnover's... :'(
Pass me that brew bro.....

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5439 on: November 13, 2007, 08:24:27 PM »
Missed the game tonight but im guesiing they lost by looking at previous post.
Tommarow will be a good game. Anyone know if Lakers tickets are still on sale or if there sold out??
Only went to 1 game last season neeed to make it up by goin to atleast 3 or more games this season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5440 on: November 13, 2007, 08:44:53 PM »
Yea...they lost. It really got away in a 5 min stretch at the end of the 2nd, though. Before that, they were competing nicely. Too many open threes and not taking care of the ball was what killed the Lakers in this game overall...If everything goes as planned, these flaws will all be gone by March...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5441 on: November 14, 2007, 12:59:26 PM »
Lakers can correct fundamental errors

The Lakers' 107-92 loss in San Antonio Tuesday night was not unexpected. After all, the Spurs are the league's gold-standard. To determine where the Lakers will be when the final curtain comes down, let's turn a front-stage spotlight on their latest performance.

The Good

Credit the trio of Kwame Brown, Ronny Turiaf and Andrew Bynum for shutting down Tim Duncan's offense. The Big Fundamental could only manage five points on 2-for-11 shooting. An occasional double-team helped the Lakers — especially those executed by Kobe Bryant and Luke Walton — but for the most part L.A.'s big men managed to stand their ground and refused to be suckered by any of TD's clever fakes.

Kobe (especially when helping on defense), Turiaf and Jordan Farmer played with remarkable energy. On three explosive bursts to the rack that resulted in a like number of resounding dunks, Farmer showed a combination of speed, power, and quickness off his feet that were noticeably lacking last season. Apparently, the second-year guard is much more comfortable these days.

Bynum showed adhesive hands in the lane, particularly when in hot pursuit of offensive rebounds.

Kobe and Kwame showcased a classic give-and-go that concluded with a forceful dunk by the big man.

Walton knocked down a trey and also a 20-footer, which was good news for the visitors considering his early-season shooting woes.

The Lakers led the Spurs by a point after the initial 19 minutes. Their passes were snappy, their movements agreeably synchronized, and their offense admirably triangulated.

They committed only four turnovers in the second half.

The Bad

The Lakers got zero production from their low-posters. Brown was 0-for-3, Chris Mihm missed two jump hooks, and Radmanovic and Bynum missed one shot each down there. Odom is clearly their most effective scorer on the blocks, but why wasn't he ever stationed there?

While Kobe did come up with three steals and three blocks, he also came up empty on several other defensive gambles that directly led to at least a dozen Spurs points. For the most part, Kobe's attention was focused on the ball instead of on his man, a failure of judgment that proved costly.

Bynum (twice) and Kobe (four times) put their teammates at risk by repeatedly being lifted by the simplest of head fakes. Bynum often got lost on defense, neither coming to help on ball-penetration, nor staying home on his man.

Bad defensive rotations abounded. Bynum in particular was frequently caught under the basket and was therefore unable to attack layups. On one third-quarter sequence, Radmanovic and Farmer two-timed Darius Washington and left Matt Bonner all alone. His eyes widened with disbelief, Bonner easily sank a 3-ball.

The Ugly

After managing their one-digit lead, the Lakers were overwhelmed by an 18-2 Spurs run that clinched the outcome midway through the second quarter. A flurry of Laker turnovers keyed a barrage of 3-pointers, open jumpers and uncontested layups.

The Lakers defensive game plan called for their guards/wings to go under high screen/rolls and have their bigs try to push the ball toward the sideline. Even so, they could not stop Tony Parker from turning the corner and slicing into the paint.

An outlet pass thrown by Turiaf hit Fisher in the back of his legs, and the Spurs pounced on the loose ball. Blame this mishap on Fisher for not keeping his eye on the whereabouts of the ball.

When Kobe and Turiaf bumped into each other while playing weak-side defense, Bonner wound up with an unimpeded layup.

Walton over-handled the ball on several occasions, destroying whatever fragile offensive rhythm the Lakers had established. During a rush downcourt, Walton found himself involved in a 2-on-4 disadvantage but decided to hoist up an off-balance jumper that barely grazed the rim. Kobe later trumped this misdeed by doing the same on a 1-on-5 foray.

Farmer attempted a neat give-and-go pass to Bynum, but Bynum was already long-gone and the ball sailed out of bounds.

The Lakers' wings and guards tended to sink too far into the middle whenever one of the Spurs carried the ball into the lane — and were unable to get back out quickly enough to hinder the open perimeter shots that kick-out passes created. That's why the Spurs were 13-for-27 from beyond the arc. (The Lakers shot 2-for-16 from there.)

In the first-half, the Lakers committed 15 turnovers, most of them self-inflicted. For example, a lob pass by Lamar Odom into the pivot that was 10-feet too high. They were also shaky while under no defensive pressure whatsoever.

Overall, however, the Lakers still rate a cautious thumbs-up, primarily because most of their transgressions (from bad to ugly) are correctable — and because the Spurs capitalized on every mistake. Look for the Lakers to get better as the season progresses, but not good enough to avoid a first-round exit stage-left.

keepin_it_real

« Reply #5442 on: November 14, 2007, 03:57:31 PM »
Spurs are so boring 2 watch they so textbook, Kobe's block on TD was sick though.

we got Houston 2nite

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5443 on: November 14, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
Farmar owns Duncan!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBKOIAI0enk&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gBKOIAI0enk&amp;rel=1</a>

Anyone got his other dunk? Or Kobe's 3 blocks?

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5444 on: November 14, 2007, 07:10:55 PM »
Kobe just blocked the shit out of Yao! Fuckin nice!