Author Topic: Ja Rule - Exodus Info + Cover  (Read 732 times)

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
Ja Rule - Exodus Info + Cover
« on: November 13, 2005, 10:02:15 AM »

New From Ja Rule - "EXODUS"
November 11, 2005
JA RULE’s FIRST CAREER COMPILATION, EXODUS, ARRIVES IN STORES DECEMBER 6th ON THE INC./DEF JAM

THREE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS INCLUDE NEW TITLE TUNE SINGLE, “EXODUS,” AND “ME”

19 tracks spanning 1999-2005, heavy on the hits and collaborations – “Holla Holla,” “Put It on Me,” “I Cry,” “Livin’ it Up,” “Always On Time,” “Thug Lovin’,” “Mesmerize,” “New York,” “Wonderful” – and more!

(Nov. 11, 2005 – New York, NY) Straight outta Hollis, multi-platinum The Inc./Def Jam recording artist and certified box office sensation Ja Rule has been at the epicenter of hardcore hip-hop’s entry into the mainstream over the last half-dozen tumultuous years. Ja Rule’s long-distance run is collected for the first time in his career on his 7th album, EXODUS, a newly-compiled 19-track anthology spanning 1999-2005, scheduled for December 6th release.

The title tunes “Exodus (Intro)” and “Exodus (Outro)” – new, previously unreleased tracks (co-written by Ja Rule and produced by Seven Aurelius for 7th Sign & Irv Gotti for Top Dawg Productions, Inc.) – open and close the album. EXODUS includes a third previously unreleased track, “Me” (co-written by Ja Rule and produced by Arizona Slim and Irv Gotti for Top Dawg Productions, Inc.).

At the heart of EXODUS are the hit singles and tracks covering every year of Ja Rule’s success – starting with “Holla Holla,” his first breakthrough #2 Rap single of 1999, and “Put It on Me” (feat. Vita), his first #1 entry on the Rhythmic Top 40 chart the following year. Over the next four years, Ja Rule amassed an astounding track record of collaborations with the biggest names in pop, R&B and hip-hop as he rode the top of the charts with (among others) “I Cry” (feat¬ur¬ing Lil’ Mo), “Livin’ it Up” (feat¬ur¬ing Case), “Always On Time” (feat¬ur¬ing Ashanti), “Thug Lovin’” (feat¬ur¬ing Bobby Brown), “Mesmerize” (feat¬ur¬ing Ashanti), “New York” (feat¬ur¬ing Fat Joe & Jadakiss), and “Wonderful” (feat¬ur¬ing R. Kelly & Ashanti). Other guests include DMX & Jay-Z (on “It’s Murda”); J-Lo & Caddillac Tah (on “Ain’t It Funny”); and Ron Isley aka Mr. Biggs (on “Daddy’s Little Baby”)

With U.S. sales of his first six albums – Venni, Vetti, Vecci (1999), Rule 3:36 (2000), Pain Is Love (2001), The Last Temptation (2002), Blood in My Eye (2003), and R.U.L.E. (2004) – in excess of 10 million units, and worldwide sales topping the 13 million mark, Ja Rule has established his imprint in the hip-hop, pop and R&B hierarchy. Adding to his roles as record¬ing artist, businessman (founder of The Inc, FocusVision film company, and the Mojito liquor company launching next year), fashion designer (his Erving Geoffrey premium Urban wear line), philanthropist and political activist (his L.I.F.E. Foundation programs) – Ja Rule has also established a successful career in film.

His screen credits began in 2000 with Robert Adetuyi's Turn It Up, and include such hits as Rob Cohen's blockbuster The Fast and The Furious in 2001, Don Michael Paul's Half Past Dead with Steven Segal in 2002, David Zucker's smash Scary Movie 3 with the Wayans brothers in 2003, and the back-to-back hits in 2004, The Cookout (with Queen Latifah) and Shall We Dance (with Richard Gere). Ja Rule’s 10th movie, Assault On Precinct 13, which opened January 2005, starred Ethan Hawke, Laurence Fishburne, John Leguizamo, Maria Bello, Drea de Matteo, and Gabriel Byrne.

$do11a biLL$

Re: Ja Rule - Exodus Info + Cover
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 10:18:24 AM »
can't wait for his new tracks

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:20:44 AM »
that cover is sick.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »
Nice cover. I don't buy Greatest Hits albums though...

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 12:12:59 PM »
wont buy it but the cover looks good
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 01:31:54 PM »
Very impressive cover, i might just pick this up because there are some songs mentioned that i was feeling, i think the problem with Ja was, he was putting out the same track over and over and kind of strayed away from that hardcore hiphop style he brought with vinny vetti vecci, anyway i'll probably pick this up, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 02:00:37 PM »
that cover is sick.

yeh man ill cop this when i get the chance.  and buy cop i dont mean purchasel  -  thats for rich folk  bit-torrent in this mufuka!
NO MORE WAR

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 08:53:20 PM »
Nice cover. I don't buy Greatest Hits albums though...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 09:34:08 PM »
damn...when i heard a new album from him i was excited...but now thats its turnin out to be a greatest hits, i'm disappointed...damn...

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 09:39:46 AM »
i heard the track exodus...it was arite, dun think it was his best work but im gonna lissen to it again

THREE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS INCLUDE NEW TITLE TUNE SINGLE, “EXODUS,” AND “ME”

i hope the third track will be "Streets Raised Me" f/ Mary J. Blige...i luv that track

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 12:27:03 PM »
i heard the track exodus...it was arite, dun think it was his best work but im gonna lissen to it again

i hope the third track will be "Streets Raised Me" f/ Mary J. Blige...i luv that track

yeah i was hoping for that but doesnt look like its getting released  :'(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 01:45:10 PM »
I think the 3 unreleased track will be VVV style...Coz i've heard one of them and it's dope...hope he kept it street on the other 2...

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 01:47:45 PM »
that cover is dope son

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 05:08:32 PM »
lol sick cover

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 05:12:18 PM »
wtf with everyone sayin dope cover HAHAHAH this has to be one of the worst cover ever .. thought this was ajoke when the first dude said that then lots of ppl sayin its "DOPE" WTF?  its fuckin ugly
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!