Author Topic: 2pac "all eyez on me" & nas "street dreams" question...  (Read 424 times)

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
2pac "all eyez on me" & nas "street dreams" question...
« on: November 14, 2005, 12:40:57 AM »
i dont know if you all ever discussed this but wazup with "all eyes on me" and "street dreams" they both have the same beats (street dreams is a little different, but only a little).... who stole the beat from who???

Shahizzle

• 'G'
Re: 2pac "all eyez on me" & nas "street dreams" question...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:38:13 AM »
wel l.... All eyes on me was released about 7 years or so before stillmatic, so i take it nas stole it off 2pac or Johnny J (who produced All eyez on me, the track)

Okka

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 03:44:37 AM »
wel l.... All eyes on me was released about 7 years or so before stillmatic, so i take it nas stole it off 2pac or Johnny J (who produced All eyez on me, the track)

Whatcha talkin about? "Street Dreams" wasn't on Stillmatic  ::)

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 03:51:41 AM »

LMAO, that's a good one. I take it EPMD stole the "Let the funk flow" beat off Nas - Nastradamus too, because Chilltown New York was released AFTER Nastradamus?

On the real though... In the intro for "Nas is coming", Nas and Dre claim Pac stole the beat. Word around is, they're speaking the truth & Pac got a beat stolen from Nas' studio (you know what DeathRow was like back then). No one can really tell what's the truth there though.

MIC

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 03:53:03 AM »
i dont know if you all ever discussed this but wazup with "all eyes on me" and "street dreams" they both have the same beats (street dreams is a little different, but only a little).... who stole the beat from who???

They both "stole" it from Linda Clifford's "Never Gonna Stop".

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 03:54:03 AM »

Someone must have first came with the idea for sampling that though.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 05:38:46 AM »

LMAO, that's a good one. I take it EPMD stole the "Let the funk flow" beat off Nas - Nastradamus too, because Chilltown New York was released AFTER Nastradamus?

On the real though... In the intro for "Nas is coming", Nas and Dre claim Pac stole the beat. Word around is, they're speaking the truth & Pac got a beat stolen from Nas' studio (you know what DeathRow was like back then). No one can really tell what's the truth there though.
They were not particularly talking about pac. Also I have heard more than one instances where rappers used the same sample for one of their songs in the same year. It happens all the time. Example: the sample used for the 'The Roach' on the chronic was also used on one of the last few songs in The predator. Both the predator and chronic was released in 1992l
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 05:42:28 AM »

Someone must have first came with the idea for sampling that though.
Plus didnt All Eyez On Me come out first. It was recorded in two weeks. So I not sure about pac going to nas to steal the beat. I find that hghly unlikely and I dont know what you are talking about deathrow stealing beats or samples from other record labels or artists. :-\
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 11:45:53 AM »

Nigga are you crazy!!!get your shit striaght homie befor talking...death row did not have to still beats.come on!!! look who they had....-------Dre,Daz, "JJ",Quick,sam seed,hurtem bad ect.....stop sending false info nigga.......this was the time when nas was all on pacs dick,but had a hard time saying he fucked with pac...respect to nas m,ayne......but that track belongs to PAC(he riped that shit).
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

MarshColin

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 01:58:52 PM »

Nigga are you crazy!!!get your shit striaght homie befor talking...death row did not have to still beats.come on!!! look who they had....-------Dre,Daz, "JJ",Quick,sam seed,hurtem bad ect.....stop sending false info nigga.......this was the time when nas was all on pacs dick,but had a hard time saying he fucked with pac...respect to nas m,ayne......but that track belongs to PAC(he riped that shit).

You obviously don't know the story behind Toss It Up then, because on the original version of the song Pac is CLAIMIN to take the beat saying "Ya we took ya beat!" I think on the released version on Makaveli it still has those vocals but the beat is different. I think for Pac's GH they took those vocals off though.

In regards to the Nas song, they both sampled the same song. It's possible that one camp heard the other's and then decided to sample the same song but it's also possible it's coincidence.

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 02:03:21 PM »
It could have been that they were made months or years prior to the release, submitted, and waited for clearance on the sample, and both samples were cleared at the same time.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 02:08:19 PM »
another death row mystery that will never be solved
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 02:47:54 PM »
didnt pac say on that tupac live dvd that he took his beat?

MarshColin

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 04:25:03 PM »
He was talking about Troublesome when he said that. I have no idea whats the story with that.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 04:49:19 PM »
AY california love that video thats out in the dessert is the beat epmd used for knicc knacc patty wacc,yet no one said he stole that hahaha,cats kill me with that shit,plus it's a sample anyway yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp