Author Topic: Any tracks on The Chronic sample-free?  (Read 240 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Any tracks on The Chronic sample-free?
« on: November 13, 2005, 04:55:36 PM »
I think "Deeez Nuuuts" is the only track on that album that is 100% original. Can anyone confirm this?

Eihtball

Re: Any tracks on The Chronic sample-free?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 05:18:04 PM »
I think "Deeez Nuuuts" is the only track on that album that is 100% original. Can anyone confirm this?

Actually, I'm not even sure "Deeez Nuuuts" is sample-free, either.  I dunno about the drums or anything else, but the synthesizers sound an awful lot like something from a Funkadelic or Ohio Players track (with the long drag on keys moving across the 8th octave).  Just because nobody's figured it out yet doesn't mean it's not sampled.

100% original is extremely rare in hip-hop.  Pretty much every rap record ever made is based upon samples to some degree.  That's what makes it hip-hop in the first place - you take old vinyl and make it into something newer and more exciting.

reddy_red

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 05:52:09 PM »
what about the skit where the man says about hell no bitch that be a dick in your mouth. who was that guy who said it after warrren .g was talkin to that girl.

BJV

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 06:09:54 PM »
What do you mean by sample... if you mean taking bites of another album, then yea... most tracks on The Chronic were sample free... they were interpolated/replayed.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »
I mean where there any tracks that did not contain any elements from other recordings. In Nima's review of the album, every track mentions at least one sample used, but Deeez Nuuuts seems to be sample-free. Unless I'm missing something.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 07:17:01 PM »
What do you mean by sample... if you mean taking bites of another album, then yea... most tracks on The Chronic were sample free... they were interpolated/replayed.

lol..... nothing but a g thang, sounds exactly like original sample with a synth added....

coola

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 08:03:42 PM »

lol..... nothing but a g thang, sounds exactly like original sample with a synth added....

whats the song called that its sampled from ?

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 11:21:36 PM »

cmon everyone knows g thang is a big sample.. its leon haywood - i wanna get freaky with you

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 02:14:29 AM »
Yeah I don't think Deeez Nuuutz has a sample (none actually are sampled though like BJv said) every other track does though. Yeah G Thang is pretty much the exact same as "I Want'A Do Something Freaky to You" same with The Roach sounding exactly the same as "P Funk (Wants To Get Funked Up)" although I view this as a parody of the track so it makes sense. Gz and Hustlaz is also pretty much exactly the same as "Haboglabotribin'".