Author Topic: Lakers VS Raptors (tonight)  (Read 266 times)

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Lakers VS Raptors (tonight)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 04:12:07 PM »
By the way, Charlie V. has a future when he takes over after Chris Bosh's departure...Calderon is gunna be nice to watch. Araujo should improve, they got Mike James, J. Rose, Graham. They got some nice young talent...The good thing is that they can only be headed up from this point...
Bosh aint leavin T.O.......you Laker fans speculate all you want, but I'll believe it when I see it, till then........Bosh is still #4 for the Raps, and my red authentic Bosh jersey looks sick!!!!!!!!

I'll let you cry on my shoulder when he leaves Toronto.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 04:16:05 PM »
raptors are one of those teams that will never be great because before they can evolve and all the best players leave without giving them anything comparable in return.

first carter, soon bosh. they even had mcgrady too. lol. lookin at what they got for mc grady and carter, lol, and soon nothing for bosh.. life is unfair. poor get poorer.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 04:18:51 PM by 7™ »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »
raptors are one of those teams that will never be great because before they can evolve and all the best players leave without giving them anything comparable in return.

first carter, soon bosh.
never say never.....

the reason the raps arent good right now is because of the owner Richard Pettie.  The fuckin moron went and hired Rob Babcock as GM.  He did that behind Vince Carters back who had already voiced his opinion on making Julius Erving(who wanted to be in Toronto) GM.  Then Babcock went and hired his buddy Sam Mitchell, and drafted Rafael Arujo with the 7th overall pick.  From that point on, Vince demanded a trade and got his wish, unfortunatly, for Toronto, they got nothing in return.  So Babcock, in his first year with the Raptors made the worst draft pick and the worst trade ever.  Since Babcock got to Toronto, I havnt had any faith in the organization.  They need a team owner who cares about the franchise.  Someone to put the right people in the right places.  And as long as the Raptors are owned by Maple Leaf Sports, they will always take a back seat to the leafs.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 04:28:13 PM »
the problem is, when a team sucks, good players are too cocky and ambitious to stay with the team. like mourning.
also, no good players wanna join the team. you can't really force those players to play, because they just play TERRIBLE on purpose like carter did before the trade.

well and your management kinda blew before that new GM, trading Tracy McGrady for a pick is one of the worst trades in NBA history.
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 04:31:23 PM »
the problem is, when a team sucks, good players are too cocky and ambitious to stay with the team. like mourning.
also, no good players wanna join the team. you can't really force those players to play, because they just play TERRIBLE on purpose like carter did before the trade.

well and your management kinda blew before that new GM, trading Tracy McGrady for a pick is one of the worst trades in NBA history.
McGrady was never traded.  He left as a free agent.  Toronto offered him max money, but he knew all along he wasnt going to stay because he wanted to go south and be "the man" instead of "Vinces cousin" and play in Vinces shaddow.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 04:37:18 PM »
There have been scenerios where a core of good players have turned shitty organizations around...Webber, Stojakavic, Bibby for Sacramento, Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Finley, Steven Nash for Dallas, KG & Sczerbiak for Minnesota...Baron Davis & Jason Richardson will soon be Golden States savior... Denver always was a laughing-stock before Carmelo & Camby, and now Kenyon...Clippers are on the way to becoming a desirable destination. That's right, I used Clippers and desirable in the same sentence...The point is, shitty teams get better, organizations who suck end up winning at some point. It only takes some brains to bring together a core of talent who will compliment eachothers style...With Calderon, Villenuava, and Graham, that's one of the first times I remember seeing 3 rookies who can conribute and have upside on one team. If those 3 grow together, Raptors will be a playoff team again withing the next 5 years...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 04:38:16 PM »

McGrady was never traded.  He left as a free agent.  Toronto offered him max money, but he knew all along he wasnt going to stay because he wanted to go south and be "the man" instead of "Vinces cousin" and play in Vinces shaddow.

Funny that McGrady will have had the better and more succesful career once it's all said and done...

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 04:48:17 PM »

Funny that McGrady will have had the better and more succesful career once it's all said and done...
True, but when he left Toronto he was a 15 ppg SF and Vince was scoring 27ppg......McGrady blew the fuck up his first year in Orlando.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 08:36:11 PM »
You guys are trippin...Bosh has been voicing his displeasure for a while now...Charlie V. plays the same position as Bosh, Toronto is gunna concentrate on Charlie as the teams primamry PF once Bosh makes his will for a departure clear. Charlie Villanueva, Joey Graham, Rafael Araujo, Jose Calderone, Mike James...That will be their line-up, 3 of those guys are rookies with major upside...I know Araujo is a bust, but don't completely count him out. He can at least develop into a serviceable big-man and decent center, though he'll most likely never meet his original expectations of being a feared big man in the league...Rose is probably a goner soon, but if he gets his act together sometime this season, maybe the current Raptors can win more than 12 games...PeACe
Your a little confused 'Blowed. No offence but your not a raptor fan. Any raptor fan would know at htis point the raps would take bosh over charlie in a heart beat at this point. They both got a lot of devloping to do, but if it was a bosh and charlie v. right now ultimatim they would go with bosh. wheter bosh wants to stay when his contarct is up...:-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 09:15:41 PM »
You guys are trippin...Bosh has been voicing his displeasure for a while now...Charlie V. plays the same position as Bosh, Toronto is gunna concentrate on Charlie as the teams primamry PF once Bosh makes his will for a departure clear. Charlie Villanueva, Joey Graham, Rafael Araujo, Jose Calderone, Mike James...That will be their line-up, 3 of those guys are rookies with major upside...I know Araujo is a bust, but don't completely count him out. He can at least develop into a serviceable big-man and decent center, though he'll most likely never meet his original expectations of being a feared big man in the league...Rose is probably a goner soon, but if he gets his act together sometime this season, maybe the current Raptors can win more than 12 games...PeACe
Your a little confused 'Blowed. No offence but your not a raptor fan. Any raptor fan would know at htis point the raps would take bosh over charlie in a heart beat at this point. They both got a lot of devloping to do, but if it was a bosh and charlie v. right now ultimatim they would go with bosh. wheter bosh wants to stay when his contarct is up...:-\

No kidding they WANT Bosh...But that doesn't neccessarily mean he wants to stay with Toronto. Fact is, Bosh has been voicing his displeasure with the team and showcasing somewhat of a desire to leave. You guys will have to settle for Charlie V, whether you like it or not (I wouldn't mind)...I can only hope Bosh chooses LA and helps us build a new dynasty.

Smush
Kobe
Odom
Bosh
Bynum

:o :o :o

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 09:20:12 PM »
^^When I say want I mean willing to give max money. And a lot of things can happen in 1 1/2 years. Who knows. I don't know if I'd be happy or sad if Bosh went to the Lakers. I like the Lakers more, but the Raps need all the help they can get.

acbaylove

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 05:53:33 AM »
Smush
Kobe
Odom
Bosh
Bynum

:o :o :o

We will not be a good team until we improve our backup/role players.
We need players like Horry, Harper, Shaw, Fox, Fisher..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 05:58:07 AM »
How are you supposed to give Bosh a max contract if you keep all those fuckin other players?
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 08:06:56 AM »
How are you supposed to give Bosh a max contract if you keep all those fuckin other players?

Don't have a clue. Anyway it's still 2005, lol. I wanna see Lakers playing some good fucking triangle NOW.