Author Topic: Roy Keane Leaves Man United........  (Read 106 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Roy Keane Leaves Man United........
« on: November 18, 2005, 04:28:44 AM »
Manchester United captain Roy Keane has left the club my mutual consent.

The shock development was revealed by the Old Trafford outfit on Friday, ahead of the weekend clash with Charlton Athletic in The Premiership.

The former Republic of Ireland international is hero-worshipped by the United supporters who will be surprised to see their idol depart so suddenly.

Keane's contract was due to expire in the summer and he has already hinted he felt the club would not renew the deal. After an outspoken attack on some of his colleagues for their heavy defeat at Middlesbrough was pulled from an MUTV programme, relations were said to be frosty between Sir Alex Ferguson and his skipper.

Although making progress in his recovery from a broken metatarsal, the fact that Keane will never pull on the red shirt again in competitive action, will devastate many fans.

Keane has always been a fiery, unpredictable character but he has been tipped to manage United one day after showing a strong interest in the coaching side of the game.

"It has been a great honour and privilege for me to play for Manchester United for over 12 years," said Keane on United's official website. 

"During my time at the club, I have been fortunate to play alongside some of the best players in the game and in front of the best supporters in the world.  At all times, I have endeavoured to do my best for the management and the team.

"Whilst it is a sad day for me to leave such a great club and manager, I believe that the time has now come for me to move on.  After so many years, I will miss everyone at the club.

"I send my best wishes for the future to the management, players, staff and supporters of the club."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=326194&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=KEANE+LEAVES+RED+DEVILS&channel=football_home

BJV

Re: Roy Keane Leaves Man United........
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 06:08:52 AM »
Was expected after that unaired interview, what he said was true tho but he shouldve talked about it behind the scenes

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 06:21:46 AM »
Maybe they can bring in Michael Ballack now

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 08:43:21 AM »
Roy Keane is a Legend

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson