Author Topic: Everton warn Rangers over Moyes  (Read 121 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Everton warn Rangers over Moyes
« on: November 15, 2005, 02:45:21 PM »

Everton warn Rangers over Moyes 

Everton have warned Rangers they will not welcome any move for boss David Moyes if Alex McLeish fails to survive his brief stay of execution.

McLeish has been given until the start of December to save his job.

And Moyes has been linked with the post, although BBC Sport understands Charlton's Alan Curbishley would be a top target for the Scottish giants.

Everton spokesman Ian Ross told BBC Sport: "We have not had any contact from Rangers nor would we welcome any."

Moyes - who played for great rivals Celtic - signed a new five-year contract at Everton last season and then guided them to fourth place in the Premiership and into the Champions League qualifiers.

But they have struggled this season, going out of the Champions League against Villarreal and then in the first round of the Uefa Cup against Dinamo Bucharest.

Moyes, however, has retained the faith of Everton's board and fans and has sparked a mini-revival with wins against Birmingham and Middlesbrough.

Everton chief executive Keith Wyness added: "David Moyes is under contract here at Goodison Park for the next four years, and after the progress that has been made since his arrival, everyone here at the club hopes he sees that out."

McLeish is under pressure after a poor start to the season, but was given two weeks to save his job after talks with Gers chairman David Murray.

Charlton refused to comment on speculation claiming Curbishley was first choice, although former Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has also been linked.

you heard anything about this Bez?
NO MORE WAR

bez

Re: Everton warn Rangers over Moyes
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:47:28 AM »
yes

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 11:30:40 AM »
Its quite funny on the BBC Sport message boards, all the Rangers fan's are saying they don't want Moyes because they want a more high profile manager. It's like your Rangers, you are in debt, you have pretty much a bunch of shit players, and you're gonna struggle to get your Champions League place for next season, hardly sounds like an attractive job for world football's finest. To me, I don't really see why Moyes would want to go there anyway, let alone anyone bigger/better.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 01:15:23 PM »
yeh anno i love the opinions like

"personally i would like to see Guus Hiddink"  ::)

"in my opinion, we should give someone like Alan Curbishley a chance"  ::)

"i would like to see Stuart Pearce take charge"  ::)

yeh right, yeh right & also yeh right
NO MORE WAR

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »
No offence to Moyes or Everton but imo he wouldn't be the right man for the job, his celtic past doesn't bother me, (him & his family were/are Rangers fans so its not like he was a Celtic boy all his life) I just don't feel that he would be an adequete replacement for McLeish when he leaves.

I believe that we shall have a good appointment and wouldn't rule Curbishley out the running or other big names.  The Rangers job is a big job (same as the Celtic job) and a lot of managers would take the offer of being manager as huge honour, no disrespect to Charlton, Man City, Everton etc but these clubs aren't as big as either of the Old Firm, a bigger league yes but a club no not imo

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »
They may be "big clubs" but they are in a shit league, and therefore most Premiership managers would rather stay in a more competitive league in order to prove their proper mangerial ability. What has Moyes or Pearce got to gain from managing Rangers. If they do well domestically, they it will just be, well they're Rangers, they're in a shit league they should be doing well, and if they do badly that will pretty much be their management careers over. Curbishley may make more sense as he's been at Charlton for so long, and maybe could do with a change, but having said that he turned down the job at his boyhood favourites West Ham b4 Roeder got the job, so I can't really see him going to Rangers. If the best Celtic could manage was Gordon Strachan, I can't see much hope for Rangers getting anyone above that level.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 12:05:06 PM »
i would rule out curbishley because if clubs had any sense, a big premiership club would snap him up
NO MORE WAR

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 12:12:58 PM »
Why don't Rangers try and get George Burley?

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 12:53:33 PM »
i dont see why not, it would make perfect sense to get someone like him
NO MORE WAR