Author Topic: Devean George hurt! Lakers are in a major slump, but expect them to rise soon...  (Read 525 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3239809

Yup...That's right. You thought nothing could go worse for the Lakers, right? Well, it just happened. Our most reliable player off the bench, George, will now miss at least a week with a foot injury. That's 4 of our forwards out; George, Walton, Kwame, & Medvadenko. That's not all, Kobe is playing with a variety of injuries as well, including an injured finger and bruised thigh, to a hip he jammed and ankle he rolled in Sunday's game. Chris Mihm is playing on a very sore ankle as well. That's right, don't expect the Lakers to turn anything around within the next month or so...

With that being said, I believe that the Lakers will have a huge run after the all-star break. With everyone back from injuries, the system in tact, the players gaining chemistry, Phil Jackson will help this team prevail...The kinks will work themselves out, the players will adjust to one-anothers game, the team will be feared, Kobe will be MVP, Phil will be coach of the year...I can just forsee this happening, especially since EVERYONE is currently doubting the Lakers at the moment and they have A LOT to prove. Like last year, this team has a lot of new faces and players unfamiliar with eachothers game. If anyone expected the team to gel under Phil Jackson's complex coaching style in 9 games, then you were nuts...Someone please bump this when the Lakers are playing in the playoffs...PeACe

acbaylove

Shiiiiiit. Now that's fucked up! :-\

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Shiiiiiit. Now that's fucked up! :-\
Damn that's the enitre front court. There are going to be some tough times ahead. Hopefully there replacements will learn a thing or two.
But that only leaves 11 players. :o. Plus Mihm and Kobe are playing injured!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

It's alright though...Everything will work itself out. It can only get better after the all-star break...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lakers have to show character now. Guess my next bets will be against them, hopefully I gain some money off their agony.

...that came out wrong.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

I dont understand how you can be so optimistic about the Lakers all the time.  I understand you are a fan and all, but still........C'mon man.  Im a Raptors fan but I can still admit they suck right now and they arent going anywhere anytime soon.  Doesnt mean Im not a fan, but sometimes the truth hurts.

BTW, are you willing to make that bet on the Lakers making the playoffs or what ???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I dont understand how you can be so optimistic about the Lakers all the time.  I understand you are a fan and all, but still........C'mon man.  Im a Raptors fan but I can still admit they suck right now and they arent going anywhere anytime soon.  Doesnt mean Im not a fan, but sometimes the truth hurts.

BTW, are you willing to make that bet on the Lakers making the playoffs or what ???

Raptors don't have Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, and Phil Jackson...I mean, if those 3 ALONE tried their hardest and didn't make the playoffs, it would be a mystery to me. Lakers don't have a bad team, the system is just not in tact and the players don't know their role yet. Best shooting guard in the league (Kobe), up-and-coming defensive minded point guard who hasn't been touched by any point guard this year and is still learning the NBA game (Smush), all-star caliber small forward who needs to apply his size to his game but still plays like an all-star for the most part (Odom), an underachieving power foward who can still play a decent game and is always a strong defensive presence (Kwame), and a steadily improving center who likes to learn and will progress as the season passes us by (Chris Mihm). That's a description of our starting 5. Add the greatest coach in basketball history who is known to take his time perfecting complex ideas (Phil Jackson), and you easily have a potentially strong team.... If you wanna get Seer to ban me if the Lakers don't make the playoffs, go ahead...It was just a comment I made though...PeACe

PLANT

Raptors don't have Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, and Phil Jackson...I mean, if those 3 ALONE tried their hardest and didn't make the playoffs, it would be a mystery to me. Lakers don't have a bad team, the system is just not in tact and the players don't know their role yet. Best shooting guard in the league (Kobe), up-and-coming defensive minded point guard who hasn't been touched by any point guard this year and is still learning the NBA game (Smush), all-star caliber small forward who needs to apply his size to his game but still plays like an all-star for the most part (Odom), an underachieving power foward who can still play a decent game and is always a strong defensive presence (Kwame), and a steadily improving center who likes to learn and will progress as the season passes us by (Chris Mihm). That's a description of our starting 5. Add the greatest coach in basketball history who is known to take his time perfecting complex ideas (Phil Jackson), and you easily have a potentially strong team.... If you wanna get Seer to ban me if the Lakers don't make the playoffs, go ahead...It was just a comment I made though...PeACe
Well I get what you're saying but still.....Phils greatness had alot to do with coaching the greatest player to ever play the game, and then having Kobe, Shaq and a great cast of role players.  You cant expect Phil to coach a team to the playoffs when he doesnt have a good roster behind him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Well I get what you're saying but still.....Phils greatness had alot to do with coaching the greatest player to ever play the game, and then having Kobe, Shaq and a great cast of role players.  You cant expect Phil to coach a team to the playoffs when he doesnt have a good roster behind him.

But I already broke down the Lakers starting 5 and they don't seem to have a bad roster. Honestly, look at teams like Atlanta, New Orleans, Toronto. Those rosters are non-playoff rosters...Add Kobe to any of those rosters, and the team will have playoff hopes. Lakers will prevail...

PLANT

But I already broke down the Lakers starting 5 and they don't seem to have a bad roster. Honestly, look at teams like Atlanta, New Orleans, Toronto. Those rosters are non-playoff rosters...Add Kobe to any of those rosters, and the team will have playoff hopes. Lakers will prevail...
Well are you willing to delete your account if the Lakers dont make the playoffs?  If they do, I will delete mine.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Well are you willing to delete your account if the Lakers dont make the playoffs?  If they do, I will delete mine.

No, because I wont gain anything out of that...LOL...If you wanna ask Seer to ban me (if the Lakers dont make the playoffs), I give you permission to. I was just using that to point out how confident I was in it...I'd much rather bet with money than WCC accounts. More to gain...You can't win anything betting with WCC accounts.

PLANT

No, because I wont gain anything out of that...LOL...If you wanna ask Seer to ban me (if the Lakers dont make the playoffs), I give you permission to. I was just using that to point out how confident I was in it...I'd much rather bet with money than WCC accounts. More to gain...You can't win anything betting with WCC accounts.
Well to me, it shows that I am more confident in the Lakers NOT making the playoffs than you are with them getting into the playoffs. 

You do realise now that I can use this against you in future Laker discussions, sort of like a "put your money where your mouth is" type of deal

Im not gonna ask Seer to do anything, the bet should be between the two of us.......

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Well to me, it shows that I am more confident in the Lakers NOT making the playoffs than you are with them getting into the playoffs. 

You do realise now that I can use this against you in future Laker discussions, sort of like a "put your money where your mouth is" type of deal

Im not gonna ask Seer to do anything, the bet should be between the two of us.......

OK...And if I win, what do I get out of it? Your account deleted? LOL...That's nothing for me...I'll bet you an eigth of some dank ass tree. Lakers make the playoffs, you send me your dankest (well concealed) eigth in the mail. Lakers don't make it, I'll send you my shit...That sounds a little more reasonable and more interesting to me.

PLANT

OK...And if I win, what do I get out of it? Your account deleted? LOL...That's nothing for me...I'll bet you an eigth of some dank ass tree. Lakers make the playoffs, you send me your dankest (well concealed) eigth in the mail. Lakers don't make it, I'll send you my shit...That sounds a little more reasonable and more interesting to me.

ok, sounds good to me.........you got yourself a bet!!!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

ok, sounds good to me.........you got yourself a bet!!!!!

8)