Author Topic: Did BWS sign with Universal?  (Read 352 times)

GangstaBoogy

Did BWS sign with Universal?
« on: November 26, 2005, 07:57:01 PM »
I see the Universal logo at the bottom, does that mean BWS got a distribution deal?

http://www.stopsnitchinstoplyin.com

btw: why the fuck did Techniec change his name to "The Beach Boy"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

NC_Niners

• Lil Geezy
Re: Did BWS sign with Universal?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 08:13:37 PM »
He couldn't sign with bws's distributer unless he changed it since the name has already been copywritten. So he'll go by both. Techniq beach boy.

Jome

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 08:57:58 PM »
BWS didn't sign to Universal, but the SSSL DVD is coming out on Universal Video Discs.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 12:22:58 AM »
BWS didn't sign to Universal, but the SSSL DVD is coming out on Universal Video Discs.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 12:24:32 AM »
^got it the first time
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 02:04:43 AM »
hmmm that dvd gonna be dope!!!!

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 02:36:25 AM »
^got it the first time

lol thought the same thing...

Weestcoastt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 03:43:59 PM »
Isn't Universal the patent company of Interscope? if so why are they realsing a DVD bashing the G-Unit camp which is on interscope which is on their payroll?

ABN

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 03:48:57 PM »
Isn't Universal the patent company of Interscope? if so why are they realsing a DVD bashing the G-Unit camp which is on interscope which is on their payroll?
why not? this is gonna be publicity for both Game and G-Unit so that means more money for Universal. Universal is one of the companies that BWS got a deal on the table from according to Skee along with Atlantic,Capitol,Warner Brothers and Interscope.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 03:56:19 PM »
why not? this is gonna be publicity for both Game and G-Unit so that means more money for Universal. Universal is one of the companies that BWS got a deal on the table from according to Skee along with Atlantic,Capitol,Warner Brothers and Interscope.

Game mentioned Sony in an interview too -- I didn't know about Interscope, I figured that meant that Interscope didn't want BWS.

and its prolly a tough descision to make, because not signing with interscope means that game'll have much less priority at interscope and they wouldn't push his projects as much because they'd have less to make out of the deal overall.  but signing with interscope means competing on a release schedule with cats like eminem, 50, etc.  busta's album has been pushed back like what, a year?  styles has been pushed back forever... lot of acts don't come out at all either.

ABN

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 04:00:18 PM »
^yep, that´s why i´m 99.99% sure that they won´t sign with Interscope coz it´s starting to get crowded with huge hip hop artists over there. but Sony and Capitol aint got the greatest track records when it comes to hip hop. Atlantic is real crowded aswell so Warner Brothers could be a pretty good company to go with. but if you sign a deal that turns out to be a lil fucked up then you´ve fucked yourself for a long time so you gotta be careful.

Weestcoastt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 05:08:31 PM »
I Don't know if Universal would be a good home for BWS either couz look at Treacherous they have been round for a good while now and they havent even put an artist out yet and crooked I's shit been pushed back so many times i'm not even looking foward to hearing it no more.

ABN

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 05:21:24 PM »
I Don't know if Universal would be a good home for BWS either couz look at Treacherous they have been round for a good while now and they havent even put an artist out yet and crooked I's shit been pushed back so many times i'm not even looking foward to hearing it no more.
but Crooked,Jayo+the other Treacherous artists are just as guilty as Universal coz i haven´t seen any of those artists grinding hard and just puttin tons of music on mixtapes and doin shit on their own. if you think you´re just gonna sit back and kick your feet up thinkin the label´s gonna do whatever for you then you´re a fool.