Author Topic: Suspect Arrested In 'Get Rich' Movie Slaying, Canadian Official Wants 50 Barred  (Read 107 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Suspect Arrested In 'Get Rich' Movie Slaying, Canadian Official Wants 50 Barred
By Paine and Roman Wolfe

A suspect has been arrested for the Nov. 9 slaying of a 30-year-old man in a Homestead, Pennsylvania, after a screening of 50 Cent’s flick “Get Rich or Die Trying.”

Larue Graves, 30, of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, was arrested at a hotel outside of Pittsburgh on Nov. 21, where he was registered under an alias.

Police also confiscated a handgun that was in Graves’ possession. Graves is accused of murdering of Shelton L. Flowers of Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania.

Graves was on parole from a manslaughter charge in a 1993 gang-related shooting in Pittsburgh.

The slaying reportedly stemmed from an altercation between the two men in the Loews Theater restroom.

Although officials initially ordered that “Get Rich or Die Trying” be removed from showing in the Homestead, Pennsylvania Loews Theater, police now stated there is no link between the film and the incident.

In related news, 50 Cent may be barred entry into Canada, where officials are expressing concern over his criminal record and violent incidents involving the rapper.

Canadian Junior Foreign Minister Dan McTeague has asked Immigration Minister Joe Volpe to deny 50 Cent permission to enter the country for his Canadian Tour, which is slated to start in Vancouver on Dec. 3.

Because of 50 Cent’s previous criminal record, he requires a special ministerial permission to enter Canada.

McTeague noted a surge of violence that his gripped Toronto and singled out a shooting after 50 Cent performed in the city in 2003.

In that incident, a 24-year-old man was shot several times at close range by two unidentified assailants as they left the Roc The Mic concert at Toronto's Molson Amphitheater.

The shooting took place as fireworks were going off in celebration of Canada Day. The gunmen were able to escape by blending in with the crowd in the Molson Amphitheater parking lot.

“This is not a question of censorship. This is a question of trying to protect impressionable young men," McTeague told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. "There are indeed limits and restrictions on freedom of expression, particularly if they incite hate or if they are the kind of activity that is killing our young youths right across Toronto."

50 Cent is not the first rapper to face scrutiny from Canada. In 2000, the country almost barred Eminem from entering, claiming his lyrics encouraged violence against women.

In 2003, DMX denied entry due to his criminal record and detained briefly, forcing him to cancel two concerts.

Recently, Jim Jones’ video to the song “Baby Girl” was banned from airwaves over “Stop Snitching” T-Shirts worn in the video.

allhiphop.com

Sikotic™

That's dumb. One person gets shot and they wanna bar the film? So if an old person has a heart attack in a horror movie they're just gonna remove that too? They're saying the movie led to those guys shooting, but if they had a gun on them in the first place, I think they were gonna go ahead and shoot even if Gone With The Wind was playing.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
That's dumb. One person gets shot and they wanna bar the film? So if an old person has a heart attack in a horror movie they're just gonna remove that too? They're saying the movie led to those guys shooting, but if they had a gun on them in the first place, I think they were gonna go ahead and shoot even if Gone With The Wind was playing.

another reason they wanna bar it is because 50 has been convicted before and hez glorifyin violence...
although im not a 50 Cent fan, i dun think they shud bar it; they cant keep blamin shootings and stuff on celebritiez...
ppl hafta be held responsible for their own actionz...like that old saying goes "if otherz jumped off a bridge, would you?"; nobody wud be jumpin off ne birdges juss cause their favourite celeb did unless they arent in a proper state of mind.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
McTeague is a real douchebag. Him and his party have no credibility, no way in hell is he going to be banned.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
its a publicity stunt by the politician thats working cuz hes making the news

Suga Foot

Canadians eh?  What's this all aboot?

Sikotic™

It doesnt matter what he's been convicted for, it's just a movie. There's movies out just as bad if not worse. But fuck it, why defend 50, ban the movie. He'll still be rich regardless.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
Canadians eh? What's this all aboot?

they only say "gun" and "bullets" in these american reports...thats why you didnt recognize it, when this story broke in canada it was "stick" and "pucks"

been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus