Author Topic: Scott Stapp of Creed slapped 311 SA lays Scott Stapp out.  (Read 129 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Scott Stapp of Creed slapped 311 SA lays Scott Stapp out.
« on: December 02, 2005, 10:20:09 AM »
Day in Rock reports: [The following came from one of our regular readers] According to SA Martinez of 311. Scott Stapp was in the same Hotel/Hotel Bar in Baltimore on Thanksgiving night. Apparently Mr. Stapp showed up to the lounge in the Hotel while the boys from 311 were enjoying the Laker game. [The following comes from 311's website] "[Stapp] appeared intoxicated. He drank a shot at the bar and then threw his shot glass, smashing it on the bar. He was acting belligerent and got into an argument with patrons sitting at the bar. He then sat down next to SA and his wife. He made a disrespectful and crude remark to SA's wife. Chad and SA asked him to step away. He then sucker-punched Chad." According to SA on KROQ yesterday, "I laid Scott Stapp out" and then Chad finished the job. Hotel Security and Baltimore Police showed up. No arrests were made and Mr. Stapp was made to check out of the hotel immediately. [There are various reports on the web about this. The Hotel security hotel director told AP that he has film of the fight and it appears that 311 attacked Stapp. Billboard reports that the Baltimore Police have no record of officers responding to a call to the hotel. We could not find an official comment from the Stapp camp beyond a "no comment" given to E!

You can read 311's account at antimusic.com

Story found here also. http://bbs.311.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29688
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 10:27:25 AM by Mattdrush1 »

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Scott Stapp of Creed slapped 311 SA lays Scott Stapp out.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:52:42 AM »

From www.perezhilton.com 2nd page

It was pathetic, and we tried to ignore him, but it was impossible. Then he made a pretty disrespectful comment to my wife, which I'd rather not repeat, but in no uncertain terms, the word 'fuck' was used. That's when [drummer] Chad [Sexton] walked over."
"I had run into Scott that day," says Sexton. "We have some things in common, like the same producer, and we chatted for a few minutes. So knowing we got along earlier, I kindly asked him not to disrespect anybody and reminded him that we're all friends. That's when he sucker-punched me -- hit me right in the face."

"When Scott punched Chad," adds Martinez, "in the follow-through, he hit my wife so then I threw my punch. After about five minutes, hotel security finally broke it up and kicked him out. Honestly, the hotel was really at fault for not kicking him out when he threw the first shot glass."

In the end, 311 insist they were acting in self-defense and, according to Sexton, have gone public as a response to rumors to "tell what really happened that so there's no misinformation out there."

For Stapp, this is not the first such incident. In April of 2001, while a member of Creed, he was involved in a bar brawl in St. Augustine, Florida. Witnesses told Rolling Stone at the time that Stapp threw a punch at a man who had taunted him.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 04:55:13 PM »
haahaha i never liked that Creed guy.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 04:58:42 PM »
that sounds like some southpark shit:

Scott Stapp: hey i wanna fuck your mom cartman

Cartman: Fuck you scott stapp (punches scott stapp)...I laid scott stapp out

thatboi

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:51:12 PM »
I knew he was messianisic but I never knew he was obnoxious.
looking for mc's for The Resistance group svh398@hotmail.com get at me.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 01:30:41 PM »
I NEVER liked this guy... I ALWAYS liked 311.  Case closed. 

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 03:15:58 PM »
good thats what that fucking gay basstid deserves i've always hated him