Author Topic: What exactly was "Murder was the case"?  (Read 1380 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: What exactly was "Murder was the case"?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 06:43:12 AM »
True, it seems like more of a collector's item than anything else then.

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 08:29:55 AM »

I can believe ya'll dissing this.. man I watched this back in the day when it first came out and it took me damn near 10 years to get a copy of my own.. i gave a blank tape to the dude that showed me it originally but he never dubbed it for me like he was supposed to..

natural born killaz video.. murder was the case mini movie-- directed by dre.. snoop interviews.. isnt there a dpg live performance on some tv show on there too?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2005, 08:35:22 AM »

I can believe ya'll dissing this.. man I watched this back in the day when it first came out and it took me damn near 10 years to get a copy of my own.. i gave a blank tape to the dude that showed me it originally but he never dubbed it for me like he was supposed to..

natural born killaz video.. murder was the case mini movie-- directed by dre.. snoop interviews.. isnt there a dpg live performance on some tv show on there too?

Yeah, there's Snoop and the pound doing Lodi Dodi, there's a Nuthin' But A G Thang performance in there, plus Intro to The G Funk Era over the Gz and Hustlaz beat (or vice versa).

All in all it's a good collectors' package, but considering the amount of music videos that came off of the OST, there could have been more.

The interviews are good tho' - it's quite funny to see how the British reporter treats Snoop Dogg like a criminal, not knowing how iconic he would become.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2005, 10:50:51 AM »
The movie is poor but the video's , interviews life perfomances r nice.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
The first time I got high I watched it. For a 1994 movie with ghetto production, it was pretty good. I thought they'd just do a handheld camera type thing, but they actually used film and did a pretty good job putting together a story.

bigg sherm

• 'G'
  • shermhead4life
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 02:26:29 PM »
i got this shit when it dropped when i was 14 or 15...still got that shit on vhs, just bought the dvd last year....i was always feelin it
Lookin For Some Cds? Email me with want lists: jci_98277@hotmail.com

[

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2005, 05:10:23 AM »
this monie and sountrack make me get nostalgic.

Okka

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2005, 05:13:48 AM »
"Murder Was The Case" soundtrack is the best sdtk ever made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 01:37:19 PM »
That's basically Snoop's seminal video in my opinion, the beat is fucking BANANAS too.  I love in the video when it shows Dre playing keyboard, only time I've seen that in one of their videos. 

If you want the best ever "murder was the case" get the one live from the MTV video awards (must have been in 1995).  Anybody seen it?

There's a big church scene on stage, with the lights all dark, and a whole choir, and a casket in the middle of the stage with a spotlight shining in it.  There's a preacher and an organ playing church music, and the preacher's saying things like "HE WAS A GOOD BROTHER!!!"... all these people are walking by the casket, paying their respects and things...

all of a sudden the "Murder Was the Case" beat breaks in, you hear Snoop "Murder was the Case That They Gave Me!" and he does the whole first verse... when he gets to the "It's gonna take a miracle, they say... for me to walk again and talk again, but anyway"  Daz wheels him out on stage in a wheelchair, and he stands up out of it and finishes the song. 

Dre played the keys live from the back of the fucking stage, too.  Awesome performance, the best 'rap' performance I've ever seen on t.v. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2005, 01:38:12 PM »
Oh, I forgot.. the choir the whole time was going "OOOH AAAA Oooooooooooohhhh" and singing in the background like it was a church.  They blowed it out of the water.

Suga Foot

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2005, 03:56:33 PM »
That's basically Snoop's seminal video in my opinion, the beat is fucking BANANAS too.  I love in the video when it shows Dre playing keyboard, only time I've seen that in one of their videos. 

If you want the best ever "murder was the case" get the one live from the MTV video awards (must have been in 1995).  Anybody seen it?

There's a big church scene on stage, with the lights all dark, and a whole choir, and a casket in the middle of the stage with a spotlight shining in it.  There's a preacher and an organ playing church music, and the preacher's saying things like "HE WAS A GOOD BROTHER!!!"... all these people are walking by the casket, paying their respects and things...

all of a sudden the "Murder Was the Case" beat breaks in, you hear Snoop "Murder was the Case That They Gave Me!" and he does the whole first verse... when he gets to the "It's gonna take a miracle, they say... for me to walk again and talk again, but anyway"  Daz wheels him out on stage in a wheelchair, and he stands up out of it and finishes the song. 

Dre played the keys live from the back of the fucking stage, too.  Awesome performance, the best 'rap' performance I've ever seen on t.v. 

that shit was epic

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2005, 02:24:21 AM »
I still have my dubbed copy on VHS from 1994 lol I'm ghetto
Me to.need to get it on cd.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Okka

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2005, 06:58:03 AM »

Damn, i wanna see that shit, must be dope...

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2005, 11:04:35 AM »
yeaah i got that footage one of the best if not THE ultimate live perf' from snoopy ever
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
What exactly was "Murder was the case"?
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2005, 01:59:07 PM »
theres a scene where snoop rolls up in his lowrider and theres a song playing in the car

its a straight up slow g-funk groove, but ive never found out what song it is

does anyone know?
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'