Author Topic: Canibus Talks Cloak-N-Dagga's 'Def Con Zero'  (Read 75 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Canibus Talks Cloak-N-Dagga's 'Def Con Zero'
« on: November 29, 2005, 10:54:59 PM »
Canibus Talks Cloak-N-Dagga's 'Def Con Zero'
By Roman Wolfe

Rapper Canibus has teamed with longtime/collaborator Phoenix Orion as Cloak-N-Dagga and the duo recently released the album, Def Con Zero.

The title is a reference to a nation's Defense Readiness Condition and according to Canibus, the album reflects the rapper’s stint as a member of the Army’s Stryker Brigade.

“I spent my teen years learning my craft, how to rhyme and translate the information I was seeing and feeling into poetry,” Canibus said. “The kinds of songs I wrote in my adolescent years, I mastered in my 20s. The album is mature, like my indie album Mic Club from a few years back, but reflects all of the life experiences I had in the army as part of the Stryker Brigade. The 19 tracks summarize all of my experiences.”

The album is Canibus’ debut for Head Trauma Records in association with First Kut, a subsidiary of Las Vegas-based Kent Entertainment

Kent is owned 48-year industry vet Morey Alexander, who helped launch the careers of Eazy-E, N.W.A., Kid Frost and Mellow Man Ace.

Canibus said this album contains his most recent material and is a throwback to the style of rap music he made before his first album Can-I-Bus, which was released through MCA in 1998.

“I’m implying that we as a society are very much at the end of our rope, at the edge of a cliff looking over,” he says. “There will be an after, but right now we’re on the edge. On the more personal and artistic side, Def Con Zero is my attempt to make an album for my fans that would remind them of the more hardcore, uncensored style of rap music I made before I made my first album for MCA.

The album, which comes with a companion DVD, was executive produced by DJ/world champion K-1 kickboxer Dewey “Black Cobra” Cooper.

Guests include Kool G. Rap, Free (106 & Park), K-Solo, Zookeepa and others.

“Def Con Zero shows once again my allegiance to and the integrity of my music,” Canibus continued. “What pleases me is that it falls in line with the technical strength and lyrical dexterity of my best work. The DVD is also the first of its kind for a rap project, so that’s exciting as well.”

Def Con Zero is in stores now.

allhiphop.com

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Canibus Talks Cloak-N-Dagga's 'Def Con Zero'
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:31:37 AM »
terrible album

but at least i wasnt waiting for this to come out like i was with hiphop4$ale, which is also quite bad.

i gotta stop checkin for canibus

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 06:34:02 PM »
never even heard of this before, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 11:24:29 AM »
terrible album

but at least i wasnt waiting for this to come out like i was with hiphop4$ale, which is also quite bad.

i gotta stop checkin for canibus

picked up both of those albums, i think i need to give them a bit of time to get into them.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson