Author Topic: anyone know how much dj quiks first album sold  (Read 255 times)

Royal~R

• Lil Geezy
anyone know how much dj quiks first album sold
« on: December 07, 2005, 06:37:41 PM »
quik is the name

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: anyone know how much dj quiks first album sold
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 06:48:07 PM »
It went platinum I think.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 06:49:01 PM »
It went platinum I think.

Yeah a lil bit over 1,000,000 copies sold...

Royal~R

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 06:50:59 PM »
daaamn didnt no a quik album went platinum shits tight

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 07:12:26 PM »
Fuck thats sick!! I never knew that Quik went plat b4, he should of sold over a million every time he dropped an album though, fuckin industry

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 07:20:13 PM »
wow platinum back in what...1990 1991? That is alot.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 07:40:01 PM »
he should of sold over a million every time he dropped an album though, fuckin industry

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 08:04:11 PM »
That's why everyone was calling Quik the next big thing in rap before all that shit that happened to him. When Quik is the name came out, people were saying he was on the level with death row artist.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 08:13:32 PM »
That's why everyone was calling Quik the next big thing in rap before all that shit that happened to him. When Quik is the name came out, people were saying he was on the level with death row artist.

yeah if quik signed with Ruthless or Death Row (if it wasnt for his fucked up contract with profile) in that time period it would of been huge and very popluar but i dunno maybe it was best, cuz i dunno if he would of made albums like Rythm-al-ism and Balance & Options if that would of happen and i dunno about what kind of rapper/artist he would of been probably would of ended up like snoop.

westside159

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 01:19:59 AM »
you guys must be new to this rap game becuz dj quik's first album quik is the name was played by every gangsta nigga in the hood and older people even liked quik becuz of his party music and jazz groove's so quik was the man back then and he had a fresh , new style and his voice was unique and he was from compton so he blew up and sorry to say that was his first and last great album but  he has made some album's that came close to it musicly like rhytm-lism  and  safe & sound but they didnt have the impact "quik is the name " had on a major level skale !!!!!!!

djlocskeet

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »
yeah 59 they some new booties.  His second one Way 2 Fonky went platinum  to if I'm not mistaken

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 01:18:29 PM »
yeah 59 they some new booties.  His second one Way 2 Fonky went platinum  to if I'm not mistaken

nah it went gold

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 01:48:10 PM »
Artist       Title Cert.                 Date         Label        Award Desc.   Format     Category    Type
DJ QUIK    QUIK IS THE NAME   05/30/91   PROFILE           G           ALBUM       SOLO        Std
DJ QUIK    WAY 2 FONKY         10/09/92   PROFILE            G           ALBUM       SOLO        Std
DJ QUIK    SAFE & SOUND         07/11/95   PROFILE           G            ALBUM       SOLO       Std
DJ QUIK    QUIK IS THE NAME   07/26/95   PROFILE            P            ALBUM       SOLO       Std
DJ QUIK    RHYTHM-AL-ISM       07/27/99   PROFILE           G             ALBUM       SOLO       Std

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 04:03:19 PM »
Artist       Title Cert.                 Date         Label        Award Desc.   Format     Category    Type
DJ QUIK    QUIK IS THE NAME   05/30/91   PROFILE           G           ALBUM       SOLO        Std
DJ QUIK    WAY 2 FONKY         10/09/92   PROFILE            G           ALBUM       SOLO        Std
DJ QUIK    SAFE & SOUND         07/11/95   PROFILE           G            ALBUM       SOLO       Std
DJ QUIK    QUIK IS THE NAME   07/26/95   PROFILE            P            ALBUM       SOLO       Std
DJ QUIK    RHYTHM-AL-ISM       07/27/99   PROFILE           G             ALBUM       SOLO       Std

yeah and I heard that Rythm-al-ism sold platnium or is near, but Profile wont certify it because Quik is no longer on the label....