Author Topic: George Mason IS THAT TEAM!  (Read 407 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
George Mason IS THAT TEAM!
« on: March 26, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »

I dont care if we have an NCAA thread already...Nik left his stank so its tainted.

George Mason is fuckin amazing..these guys are playing with more than just Skill...they're playing for pride! Just becuase they're 11th seed doesn't mean shit to them!  You gotta love these guys.

JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!!! (oh my ncaa is done..Florida is my only team to make the Final FOur..Uconn, Zaga, DUke all gone =/)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: George Mason IS THAT TEAM!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:53:47 PM »
yeah George Mason played real good. mad props to them for their great paly. jai lewis is a beast and butler played well.
my bracket only has ucla left.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 07:32:43 PM »
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men/1143123/viewbracket?rid=0

this dude got ALL 4 FINAL FOUR TEAMS RIGHT!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 07:59:33 PM »
I had NEVER heard of George Mason until this Tournament.

What's the story with them barely gettin invited to it?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »
George Mason is the greatest Cinderella story
Dick Vitale
SPECIAL TO ESPN.COM

March 26, 2006

Are you kidding me? Am I dreaming, or did it really happen that George Mason is going to the Final Four in Indianapolis?

On Selection Sunday, people in the studio were surprised to see the Patriots in the field of 65. At the time, George Mason was 23-7, including two losses in its final four games (both to Hofstra). This is a team that was taken to overtime by Georgia State in its first game of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament. During the season, the Patriots lost to Wake Forest, Creighton, Old Dominion, Mississippi State and as mentioned, Hofstra twice. None of those squads made the big dance.

My friends, Jim Larranaga's squad is the biggest Cinderella story ever. I know you can make a case for Jimmy V knocking off Phi Slama Jama in 1983. Villanova has its amazing run in 1985, upsetting Patrick Ewing and Georgetown in the championship game at Lexington. Danny and the Miracles were an amazing story when Kansas beat Oklahoma in 1988.

George Mason tops them all. Think about it, during this improbable run to the Final Four, the Patriots beat three teams coached by men with national championship rings -- Tom Izzo, Roy Williams and Hall of Famer Jim Calhoun.

On Sunday, it was a comeback from a 12-point deficit against a Connecticut teams picked by many to cut down the nets in Indianapolis. I have said many times that the 3-point shot is the great equalizer in college basketball, and that was a major factor in rallying.

The Huskies sent the game into overtime in remarkable fashion again. After Rashad Anderson's incredible three-pointer against Washington, this time is was Denham Brown's basket that led to an extra five minutes.

The bottom line: George Mason played solid defense and was balanced offensively. Early in the tournament, the Patriots relied on inside play, outscoring North Carolina and Michigan State in the paint by a total margin of 66-38. Sunday it was the trifecta, hitting nine-of-18. George Mason also outrebounded Connecticut.

Jim Calhoun's team was stunned by the ultimate Cinderella. The Colonial Athletic Association team sent a message loud and clear -- the little guy is capable of pulling off surprise after surprise in this day and age of parity in college basketball.

I can't believe I am saying it, but George Mason is in the Final Four. Congratulations to Jim Larranaga and his troops. The names of Jai Lewis, Tony Skinn, Lamar Butler, Folarin Campbell, Will Thomas and company will be household names now as they head to Indianapolis to try and continue an amazing run.

Dick Vitale coached the Pistons and the University of Detroit before broadcasting ESPN's first college basketball game in 1979. Send a question for Vitale for possible use on ESPNEWS.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 09:46:56 PM »
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men/1143123/viewbracket?rid=0

this dude got ALL 4 FINAL FOUR TEAMS RIGHT!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!
fucking george mason. who the hell would have picked them and to pick all those other 4 teams as well is just amazing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 10:50:07 AM »
George Mason is doing great, very unexpected...And "NIK left his stank"?...Making great points does not = "leaving stank"... :-*

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 04:52:40 AM »
George Mason is doing great, very unexpected...And "NIK left his stank"?...Making great points does not = "leaving stank"... :-*

hahha...anywayz

Dont be surprised if George Mason makes it to the final or wins..i dont think anyone will.

dexter

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 07:17:32 AM »
He pick UCLA to win it ME,too  8)
A Toss up though Any Team has a good chance of being Champ  ::)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 11:34:24 AM »
Fuck George Mason  >:(

rik

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 12:43:16 PM »
UCLA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)