Author Topic: The Official Football Manager 2006 Hints/Tips/Help Thread  (Read 722 times)

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: The Official Football Manager 2006 Hints/Tips/Help Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 06:42:35 PM »
i been supporting liverpool for 9 years and i neva heard about that,wat thats about
United Arab States

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2005, 06:49:53 PM »
pretty basic - we were playing it (and singing it) at our ground first

kinda the same as a lot of british clubs doing the huddle now before the game

NO MORE WAR

The Predator

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2005, 11:38:41 PM »
Theres various training schedules and the system is a lot easier this time around.
Buy a load of good coaches/assistant managers and set one coach each to one training option like say Shooting until you get the maximum five stars and workload is light by adding another coach to that schedule.

Team talks are flawed but important set ya assistant manager from the options to take controll of them if you prefer.

Rest players a day before or a day after the match if ya players get tired often with ya tactic. Go to training and set schedule for all instead of wasting time for players indivudually.

Ive been playing a system of

GK
DL  DC    DC     DR
        DM
AL             AR
       |
       AM with barrow down
      ST ST

Some of the Wonderkids

Kerlon
Leo Messi
Arfa
Kompany
Adu
Akinfeev
Atila
Dervite Dorian
Ochoa
Gladstone
Nuri Sahin
Mascherano

Any more tips n advice just ask.

The Predator

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 11:44:42 PM »
^^^lol

i ordered it to come at christmas, i havnt heard much good reviews onnit particularly cause of the level its too hard.

is it worth the money( i got it for £15) iv played champ man all my life and none hav compared to 01/02 or 03/04

I think its a really good game you shall hopefully enjoy playing it. But It's more like an extension of FM 2005 with new features and game engine then say a brand new game. The game does have some problems that si need to sort out.

Dont forget to get the bug/updated transfer patch from si games site it sorts out a lot of annoying bugs n errors.

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 08:18:29 AM »

YNWA is a Liverpool song, always has always will be, sorry Mac 10 but the scousers were singing the song long before Celtic fans started singing this, this seems to be yet another urban myth that comes from Celtic fans, yes you's sing it but ask any Liverpool fan (Gerry from Gerry and the Pacemakers will do :P) and they'll tell you that that you's copied them, to claim its a celtic song 1st and a Liverpool song 2nd is a bit cheeky even for Celtic :laugh:

Tony Mowbary was the main man behind the 'celtic huddle' but its not just owned by celtic its a universal thing that has been used by many teams in many sports
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 10:05:53 AM by TheDeli »

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 08:35:48 AM »
www.thedugout.net

Try this site. This is a great site for everything fm06 related, and also great forums.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 10:36:08 AM »

YNWA is a Liverpool song, always has always will be, sorry Mac 10 but the scousers were singing the song long before Celtic fans started singing this, this seems to be yet another urban myth that comes from Celtic fans, yes you's sing it but ask any Liverpool fan (Gerry from Gerry and the Pacemakers will do :P) and they'll tell you that that you's copied them, to claim its a celtic song 1st and a Liverpool song 2nd is a bit cheeky even for Celtic :laugh:

Tony Mowbary was the main man behind the 'celtic huddle' but its not just owned by celtic its a universal thing that has been used by many teams in many sports

i disagree - i've been told by many (including life-long liverpool fans) that they sang it after us

and i didn't say we "owned" it - please do not change my words
NO MORE WAR

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 10:58:48 AM »

i disagree - i've been told by many (including life-long liverpool fans) that they sang it after us

I never said that you said the 'huddle' was owned by Celtic (perhaps I used the wrong word there), though am I correct in that Celtic have tried to trademark it?

With regards to YNWA I know a lot of Liverpool fans and they don't like that Celtic try to claim YNWA and would never say that they sung it after Cetlic, here's a couple of articles in regards to it

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

"I'm constantly being drawn into debates about who sang You'll Never Walk Alone first, said Damian in Chester. "I've failed to come up with evidence to support my belief that it was the Celtic faithful. I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all."

Last week we thought it was definitely the Liverpool fans who sang in first. Not so, reckons Alasdair, who is looking to blast a hole in this commonly held theory. "Your research fails to mention that there was a popular Perry Como version of the song in 1957 which went down a bomb in the Glasgow music halls," he says. You can almost feel the beating of pigeons' wings as the cat is put amongst them.

However Stephen Smith points to Adrian Thrills' pro-Liverpool reference in his 1998 book, You're Not Singing Anymore, wherein the author quotes the oft-cited tendency for Liverpool supporters to sing chart toppers of the day.

"Thrills is the ex-Editor of "Goal", writes for the Daily Mail and a Londoner, so this makes him more objective than either Liverpudlians or Celtic fans (who usually can't remember if they're Scots or Irish and only ever remember they're British when the European Cup's ancient history is mentioned!)," he says.

Thrills writes: "Inspired ... partly by the emerging strains of the beat boom that was sweeping the port's nightclubs, the 28,000 souls who stood on the Kop started to express themselves with passionate versions of pop hits such as "She Loves You" by The Beatles, "I Like It" by Freddie & The Dreamers and "Anyone Who Had A Heart" by Cilla Black.

"You'll Never Walk Alone", the song that was to become their anthem, was written by Rodgers & Hammerstein for the musical 'Carousel', but adopted by the Kop after Gerry & The Pacemakers charted with the track in 1963."

Sounds convincing to us. But that's not all. Dennis O'Neill, who stood in the Jungle at Celtic Park in the 1970s, cannot recall any occasion when it was sung in his presence, saying that it was looked on as a "distinctly English" song. "That was 30 years ago, though, so I could be very wrong, " he concedes

Also

Liverpool or Celtic: who Walked Alone first?

Send your questions - to the.boss@guardian.co.uk and we'll do our best to help

Jessica Aldred and Sean Ingle
Wednesday March 12, 2003

Living in an area with a large contingent of Liverpool fans, writes Damian, who lives in Chester should you be wondering, I'm constantly being drawn into debates about who sang You'll Never Walk Alone first. I've failed to come up with evidence to support my belief that it was the Celtic faithful. I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all.

While many Celtic fan-based websites provide the words to You'll Never Walk Alone, and it features on the CD Green & White Anthems, there is no historical evidence that Celtic fans sang it on their terraces first. Instead, a cursory glance back in time shows that Liverpool have the much stronger claims.

After all, the song, originally written by Rodgers and Hammerstein in 1945 for the Broadway musical Carousel, only became a terrace favourite after it was covered by Gerry and the Pacemakers in November 1963. Almost immediately - as footage from Panorama in 1964 shows - Liverpool supporters adopted it.

As Paul Fields points out: "Before the early 60s football fans made noise and occasionally chanted something brief (like Play Up Pompey!) but it was the Kop that started singing popular songs of the day (mainly Merseybeat songs such as Gerry and the Pacemakers' You'll Never Walk Alone) and later started to adapt the lyrics of songs to celebrate the team and its players.

"If any Celtic fans still claim that they sang it first, it would have to predate Gerry's version. Now can you really see thousands of working class Glaswegians in the 50s/early 60s spontaneously joining in a sing-along from a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?" No, us neither.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 12:13:42 PM »

I never said that you said the 'huddle' was owned by Celtic (perhaps I used the wrong word there), though am I correct in that Celtic have tried to trademark it?

With regards to YNWA I know a lot of Liverpool fans and they don't like that Celtic try to claim YNWA and would never say that they sung it after Cetlic, here's a couple of articles in regards to it

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

"I'm constantly being drawn into debates about who sang You'll Never Walk Alone first, said Damian in Chester. "I've failed to come up with evidence to support my belief that it was the Celtic faithful. I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all."

Last week we thought it was definitely the Liverpool fans who sang in first. Not so, reckons Alasdair, who is looking to blast a hole in this commonly held theory. "Your research fails to mention that there was a popular Perry Como version of the song in 1957 which went down a bomb in the Glasgow music halls," he says. You can almost feel the beating of pigeons' wings as the cat is put amongst them.

However Stephen Smith points to Adrian Thrills' pro-Liverpool reference in his 1998 book, You're Not Singing Anymore, wherein the author quotes the oft-cited tendency for Liverpool supporters to sing chart toppers of the day.

"Thrills is the ex-Editor of "Goal", writes for the Daily Mail and a Londoner, so this makes him more objective than either Liverpudlians or Celtic fans (who usually can't remember if they're Scots or Irish and only ever remember they're British when the European Cup's ancient history is mentioned!)," he says.

Thrills writes: "Inspired ... partly by the emerging strains of the beat boom that was sweeping the port's nightclubs, the 28,000 souls who stood on the Kop started to express themselves with passionate versions of pop hits such as "She Loves You" by The Beatles, "I Like It" by Freddie & The Dreamers and "Anyone Who Had A Heart" by Cilla Black.

"You'll Never Walk Alone", the song that was to become their anthem, was written by Rodgers & Hammerstein for the musical 'Carousel', but adopted by the Kop after Gerry & The Pacemakers charted with the track in 1963."

Sounds convincing to us. But that's not all. Dennis O'Neill, who stood in the Jungle at Celtic Park in the 1970s, cannot recall any occasion when it was sung in his presence, saying that it was looked on as a "distinctly English" song. "That was 30 years ago, though, so I could be very wrong, " he concedes

Also

Liverpool or Celtic: who Walked Alone first?

Send your questions - to the.boss@guardian.co.uk and we'll do our best to help

Jessica Aldred and Sean Ingle
Wednesday March 12, 2003

Living in an area with a large contingent of Liverpool fans, writes Damian, who lives in Chester should you be wondering, I'm constantly being drawn into debates about who sang You'll Never Walk Alone first. I've failed to come up with evidence to support my belief that it was the Celtic faithful. I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all.

While many Celtic fan-based websites provide the words to You'll Never Walk Alone, and it features on the CD Green & White Anthems, there is no historical evidence that Celtic fans sang it on their terraces first. Instead, a cursory glance back in time shows that Liverpool have the much stronger claims.

After all, the song, originally written by Rodgers and Hammerstein in 1945 for the Broadway musical Carousel, only became a terrace favourite after it was covered by Gerry and the Pacemakers in November 1963. Almost immediately - as footage from Panorama in 1964 shows - Liverpool supporters adopted it.

As Paul Fields points out: "Before the early 60s football fans made noise and occasionally chanted something brief (like Play Up Pompey!) but it was the Kop that started singing popular songs of the day (mainly Merseybeat songs such as Gerry and the Pacemakers' You'll Never Walk Alone) and later started to adapt the lyrics of songs to celebrate the team and its players.

"If any Celtic fans still claim that they sang it first, it would have to predate Gerry's version. Now can you really see thousands of working class Glaswegians in the 50s/early 60s spontaneously joining in a sing-along from a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?" No, us neither.

Us feyenoord supporters sing it to. Not to often, but sometimes. And its a great song.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 01:52:39 AM »
I dont know bout YNWA , aint it on there badge??...but the huddle is a different story, we been doin the huddle before ne1 started doin it, Nobody talks bout the "sunderland hudle" (am usin that as an example coz a seen them doin it last week)...Its the Celtic Huddle!! All u had 2 do was look at the riot that was nearly caused by Rangers doing it after an old firm, i think that shows (by mimicking us) that even Rangers fans know its ours, if u dont then u in denial or sumthin......and the reason 4 the use of scum is coz i hate evrything British, hav never classed myself British and never will, u dont c Celtic making big tri-colours at Paradise.

The Maestro

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 07:13:29 AM »
we sung YNWA first

we won the european cup first (in U.K.)

we did the huddle first

we introduced the 1 minutes applause first (as opposed to the 1 minutes silence)

we set the trends and others follow

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 12:20:54 PM »
Why the fuck is there so many Scot's on this board?

What happened to that nobhead Bez eh? At least he wasn't Scottish (Okay scousers are nearly as bad but still)
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 06:04:57 PM »
Coz us Jocks run the world....what u dint know?? We invented football 4 fuck saik!...sits back n waits 4 the arguments 2 ensue.

The Maestro

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2005, 01:37:43 AM »
we sung YNWA first

we won the european cup first (in U.K.)

we did the huddle first

we introduced the 1 minutes applause first (as opposed to the 1 minutes silence)

we set the trends and others follow

How can you say that you sung YNWA 1st? there is no evidence of this and almost all of the footballing world knows that it was Liverpool, is this the old fable of if you say something often enough then people will believe it?

Yeah you's were the 1st British team to win the European Cup well done (also the first ever and only holders to be put out of the competition in the 1st round the following season)

The huddle you may well have been the first team to do the huddle yeah,

The one minutes applause, yeah this was copied from Italian & various other nations where they applaud, but the main reason that Celtic done this was due to the inability of the fans to honour a minutes silence (even when the chairman/owner (Fergus McCann), goalkeeper (Pat Bonner) and captain (Paul McStay) tried to get the fans to be quiet and show respect), where various silences had to shortened due to noise

There is another first, Jock Stein Celtics greatest ever manager was refused a place on the board of Celtic due to not being 'celtic minded' and was rewarded by winning the EC. 9 in a row etc by getting a job as a Celtic pools agent, glad that he was looked after

Also games during the war don't count in most history books (such as honours, appearences, goals etc) apart from celtic where all goals scored count in the history books

There is also the major scandel which is a first and an only in world football, which was covered up by many at the club (for the good of the name of the club)

Yeah celtic set great trends, who would want to follow them?

All u had 2 do was look at the riot that was nearly caused by Rangers doing it after an old firm, i think that shows (by mimicking us) that even Rangers fans know its ours, if u dont then u in denial or sumthin......and the reason 4 the use of scum is coz i hate evrything British, hav never classed myself British and never will, u dont c Celtic making big tri-colours at Paradise.

The trouble by Rangers doing the huddle was caused by Celtic fans not liking it, Rangers fans thought that it was a funny piss take which was the way that it was intended

There are more tri-colours than saltires at the San Giro, Reggie even in the photo in you sig there is a tri-colour on show and no saltires there

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2005, 02:09:07 AM »
DO Celtic football club hand out pieces of white orange n green paper in order to make a whole stand look like one? NO...n they have every right 2 seeing as Celtic r as much Irish as they r scottish (brother walfrid was irish)....and on another note seeing as ur shittin all over Celtic's traditions,  when Rangers anthem which includes the line "up 2 our knees in fenian blood" is still pumped from the speakers week after week at the death star i hardly think that helps the sectarian situation. When ure ex captain (Big amo the fud) calls a player a "black bastard" (Victor Ikpeba) it hardly shines a good light on the club, just as throwing bananas at Bobeo Balde doesnt either.....Also seeing as were talkin bout european exploits, 2 words...Viktoria Zizkov...And as the last point 2nite as a patiently wait ur reply, Remember David Murray said "For every fiver Celtic spend, Well spend a tenner"..look at where that has got yeez...haha.  A Rangers/Celtic discussion on a westcoast forum..who wood hav thought it. lol

The Maestro