Author Topic: The Official Football Manager 2006 Hints/Tips/Help Thread  (Read 724 times)

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official Football Manager 2006 Hints/Tips/Help Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2005, 12:06:51 PM »
DO Celtic football club hand out pieces of white orange n green paper in order to make a whole stand look like one? NO...n they have every right 2 seeing as Celtic r as much Irish as they r scottish (brother walfrid was irish)....and on another note seeing as ur shittin all over Celtic's traditions, when Rangers anthem which includes the line "up 2 our knees in fenian blood" is still pumped from the speakers week after week at the death star i hardly think that helps the sectarian situation. When ure ex captain (Big amo the fud) calls a player a "black bastard" (Victor Ikpeba) it hardly shines a good light on the club, just as throwing bananas at Bobeo Balde doesnt either.....Also seeing as were talkin bout european exploits, 2 words...Viktoria Zizkov...And as the last point 2nite as a patiently wait ur reply, Remember David Murray said "For every fiver Celtic spend, Well spend a tenner"..look at where that has got yeez...haha. A Rangers/Celtic discussion on a westcoast forum..who wood hav thought it. lol

We're a Scottish & British club, the last I checked Scotland was still part of Britain so sorry but there is no problem with having 2 salaries and one union flag on display at Ibrox.

What about anti-british songs sung by celtic fans? what about having a pro-republican band (wolftones) that like to sing provo songs filming a video at there football ground? The official words to Hullo Hullo don't actually include the words that you refer to this is actually a version that has been changed by fans.  I've never seen any bananas thrown at Bobo Balde there were various chants by a section of the support which I am embarrassed about, but I remember Mark Walters debut at Parkhead where fruit stalls in the east end of glasgow ran out of bananas, where people actually dressed up as gorillas and apes to insult Mark Walters, where a celtic apprentice Gerry Britton actually said that he was embarrassed when he had to clean up all the bananas the following day, this was described as the worst incident of racism at a football ground in the UK and there has still never been a worse incident at a football ground in the UK, former SSP leader Tommy Sheriden actually commented that he stopped following Celtic after witnessing this due to being embarressed

I'll give you Victoria Zizkov we were awful away from home and missed a penalty over there, and then our manager decided that we had done enough to qualify and took of Ronald De Boer to rest him for the next game what a mistake that was, both Rangers & Celtic and most of Scottish football have lost many games to smaller clubs that they shouldn't have no argument there

David Murray did say that & yes we ended up in a shit load of debt, this debt has now been stabilised, but Celtic has quite a bit of debt at the moment and the worrying thing for a celtic fan I would reckon is that this is after 2 share issues and a european run that took celtic to the UEFA cup final the club should be more financially secure

Well Rangers and Celtic are both west coast of Scotland clubs so a west coast forum is a good place for a good discussion lol :P Hijacking a thread on the other hand lol
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 12:37:00 PM by TheDeli »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2005, 01:28:26 PM »
The trouble by Rangers doing the huddle was caused by Celtic fans not liking it, Rangers fans thought that it was a funny piss take which was the way that it was intended

that was not a funny piss take - and you know it
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2005, 03:36:12 PM »
Yup i agree bout the Mark Walters thing...disgrace, though it was before my time. But i thought Football had moved on from then and in this day and age SHOULD NOT exist. period....and i think the Madrid Fiasco was a worse case than the mark walters case as it wasnt a minority it was the majority of the fans who were booing.....Celtic in debt? I hardly think so considring we spent a large sum in the summer (cant think ov exact sum) and have jsut splashed out another 45 k a week WITHOUT having 2 sell players as rangers will undoubtedly have 2 do....we bought class players (naka,Magic,Boruc) and uze looked around the bargain basement bosmans (my use of alliteration has no relevance. lol) and both teams got what they payed 4, i think the league table proves this....IMO the only decent player Rangers have bought in the last 3 seasons is Dado Prso......And on another note what hapend 2 the fifteen million or whatever the figure was that was spent on the big training complex (i hardly think Chris Burke n Ross MCormack justifies fifteen mill) where as Celtic train on a "cabbage patch" as weve been reminded by the daily retard on so many occasions but have managed 2 produce..Craig Beattie (who the gers let go. haha!), Shaun Maloney, Aiden MCgeady, Mick Mcmanus and David Marshall 2 name a few??.....

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
Yup i agree bout the Mark Walters thing...disgrace, though it was before my time. But i thought Football had moved on from then and in this day and age SHOULD NOT exist. period....and i think the Madrid Fiasco was a worse case than the mark walters case as it wasnt a minority it was the majority of the fans who were booing.....Celtic in debt? I hardly think so considring we spent a large sum in the summer (cant think ov exact sum) and have jsut splashed out another 45 k a week WITHOUT having 2 sell players as rangers will undoubtedly have 2 do....we bought class players (naka,Magic,Boruc) and uze looked around the bargain basement bosmans (my use of alliteration has no relevance. lol) and both teams got what they payed 4, i think the league table proves this....IMO the only decent player Rangers have bought in the last 3 seasons is Dado Prso......And on another note what hapend 2 the fifteen million or whatever the figure was that was spent on the big training complex (i hardly think Chris Burke n Ross MCormack justifies fifteen mill) where as Celtic train on a "cabbage patch" as weve been reminded by the daily retard on so many occasions but have managed 2 produce..Craig Beattie (who the gers let go. haha!), Shaun Maloney, Aiden MCgeady, Mick Mcmanus and David Marshall 2 name a few??.....

i have to disagree with that as i rate Buffel as one of Rangers best players but yeah you are right in saying that apart from Prso rangers haven't bought any really good players recently.
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2005, 08:44:10 PM »
I aint seen much of BUffel as i only get champions league games but he was a bit ov alright last season....but the rumour mill is that he is leaving in January as he is a devout catholic and has just discoverd the words 2 half of ranger's songs.....also at feyenoord the manager who bought him was sackd and buffel was forced out and he doesnt want that 2 happen at Rangers.

The Maestro

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2005, 09:00:43 AM »
Coz us Jocks run the world....what u dint know?? We invented football 4 fuck saik!...sits back n waits 4 the arguments 2 ensue.

I wuv you.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2005, 03:35:58 PM »
Coz us Jocks run the world....what u dint know?? We invented football 4 fuck saik!...sits back n waits 4 the arguments 2 ensue.

I wuv you.

good 1..... ::)

The Maestro

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2005, 07:49:15 AM »
The trouble by Rangers doing the huddle was caused by Celtic fans not liking it, Rangers fans thought that it was a funny piss take which was the way that it was intended

that was not a funny piss take - and you know it

It was done to take the piss by the players and the Rangers fans thought it was funny, it was to take the  piss in same way as the t-shirts that said 'smell the glove' (or the milk, lemonade, chocolate etc) were worn by celtic players after they won the league in 98 ( and we've done the same I won't deny it), and yes offence was taken by the celtic support by the players actions, we had just won the league at Parkhead and the piss was taken salt was rubbed into the wounds etc, as a Rangers fans I'll admit I thought that it was funny, but if a similar incident happened at Ibrox I would have probs been pissed at off

but the rumour mill is that he is leaving in January as he is a devout catholic and has just discoverd the words 2 half of ranger's songs.

What rumour mill is this? this is the first time that i've heard this & I believe it to be a load of bollocks (IMO), Buffel is a very good player & is a player that is very happy at Rangers

What about the clamour at the start of the season about Magic not being good enough?  Nakamura i've not been overly impressed with but Boruc is a very good player & at last celtic do have an excellent keeper

With regards to the training ground (Auchenhowie/Murray Park) this isn't going to be an overnight success, the first real players that we'll see from this shall be in the next 2-3 seasons, from age groups of 12-17 we have some very exciting players who under the correct manager/coaches shall break through and provide serious competition for places and no doubt take their chances.  The problems we have with younger players is no the training ground its mainly the coaching structure at the club was shocking but this has now been rectified and is in the process of improving.  Beattie we let go as according to Advocaat he wasn't good enough, David Marshall ain't gonna get a look in he had a good start but I know a number of celtic fans who seen this boy play for the U21's and were never overlyl impressed, Maloney is impressive in games but why didn't O'Neil have the confidence to play him on a more regular basis? and McGeady well IMO he flatters to deceive on too many occasions. 

Yup i agree bout the Mark Walters thing...disgrace, though it was before my time. But i thought Football had moved on from then and in this day and age SHOULD NOT exist. period....and i think the Madrid Fiasco was a worse case than the mark walters case as it wasnt a minority it was the majority of the fans who were booing

With regards to the Walters incident it was a disgusting incident and one of the worst racism incidents ever seen visually, this was my first ever trip to Parkhead to watch Rangesr vs Celitic there & I never knew what to think there were people in the jungle dressed as members of the KKK and as gorillas

Ian Wright quote from BBC website, 15 Feb 2000:

This came after he and Blinker were racially abused by Celtic fans.

"I felt I was caught up in a war crisis in Kosovo not involved in a football result that wrecked John Barnes' career as Celtic manager. Some so-called fans........covered my car in spit, they were shouting obscenities at myself and Regi Blinker........it was stone-age stuff from reptiles."

A quote from a Daily Record interview by Hugh Keevins with Joe Miller (Ex Celtic) & Graham Roberts (Ex Rangers)

Quote:

(Miller) "Im not sure that the more excessive side of the Old Firm rivalry is a healthy thing for the game or the country. And I've thought that since the day my dad's fruit and veg store in the east end of Glasgow was sold out of banana's because of Mark Walters' debut for Rangers at Celtic Park."

Graham Roberts played in that game and tried his best to diffuse a worrying situation. He said "I went over to the old Jungle at Celtic Park, where I was never a particular favourite, and ate as many of those bananas as I could."

Mark Walters from the book “After The Villa” by Dave Woodhall (Heroes Publishing).

“There was all the publicity about the game; on the morning I was watching TV and this Celtic fan was standing in front of a fruit stall saying ‘This is what Walters is going to get’. When the match was on I had all sorts chucked at me, fruit, pigs feet, darts, the lot. If I’d picked them up I wouldn’t have had to buy any food for a month.”

Gerry Britton quote

"As an apprentice professional with Celtic back in January 1988, I was appalled at the hideous racist goading of Rangers’ black winger Mark Walters during his Old Firm debut at Celtic Park. I was even more sickened on the morning after the match when I was told to help clear the Parkhead trackside of the dozens of bananas that had been thrown onto the field by so-called Celtic supporters intent on upsetting the on-field focus of the Ibrox wing wizard."

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2005, 08:24:57 AM »
man anything i do i concede goals, does anyone have any tips how to concede very little??
NO MORE WAR

Intriago33

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2006, 09:08:35 AM »
Whaddup! Just finished my first season in charge at Palermo. My aim from the board was a respectable league position, and the fans wanted the UEFA Cup.

My aim was to get that last Champions League spot. Zamparini, (a very demanding chairman in Italy), also wanted me to raise the clubs profile as soon as possible.

I'm pretty pleased with the results. I didn't drop out of the top four all season. I had a bad last month-and-a-half towards the end of the campaign, due to alot of injuries, (even having to field my third keeper for 7 straight games). Up until the last 7 games, Palermo/Juventus and Milan were all seperated my 2 points.

Here's the league table:

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palermolgtable20069xe.jpg

The best suprise of the season was by hitman Andrea Caracciolo. He had a large role to fill, being Luca Toni's replacement, but he didn't dissapoint. Here's the top goalscorers chart:

http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palermotopscorer20060zn.jpg

I also did well in the UEFA Cup. I knocked out CSKA, Sporting and Everton, before crushing Osasuna in the final:

http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palermouefacup20062ap.jpg

Three players I'd recommend to ya'll is:

Andrea Barazgli:

http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palermobarzagli20068ar.jpg

Fabio Grosso:

http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palermogrosso20065zx.jpg

Andrea Caracciolo:

http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=palermocaracciolo20065oe.jpg

I now have £20m to spend in the summer, I hope to build a power-house to compete on a level playing field with Inter,Milan & Juventus.
 :).

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2006, 10:03:15 AM »
i demand tactics and team instructions!!!
NO MORE WAR

Intriago33

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2006, 10:37:12 AM »
Generally I kept it simple with the 4-4-2 default. Sometimes I chopped about with a 4-5-1, or a 4-4-1-1.

To be honest, I do have a very strong squad, and even though I had alot of injuries, for the most part, I was still able to field a side, I was confident in achieving results.

I like to use the team talks alot, to try and motivate my squad, and just basically keep it simple. I had a great squad morale throughout.

This is my first adventure on FM2006, so I need to find out a little more first. I normally manage in the lower leagues in CM/FM, so it seems strange having money to spend.

Anyways, just picked up Sebastien Frey for £2m. Now I gotta tell my GK who was rated best in the league, he's heading out of Sicily.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »
what about team instructions?  like do you play attacking and stuff?
NO MORE WAR

Intriago33

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2006, 11:15:50 AM »
With Palermo, I haven't changed much at all.

I Chose the set-piece takers, who's where and does what. If i'm behind, i'll take off my right-back and chuck on an extra forward, and move the slider of mentality to the first notch in attacking, but that's about all.

I've tried before setting up with how I'd like to play football- direct passing, pressing game, but with little success on older versions.

I think the half-time team talks make quite a difference.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2006, 09:21:14 AM »
FINALLY!!! I have done something in this game!

NO MORE WAR