Author Topic: Why do most Bay dudes act the same way?  (Read 299 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Why do most Bay dudes act the same way?
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:04:27 AM »
I go to school with a lotta cats from the Bay, and I've seen a lot around LA at parties n different events. My question is, why do all of them have that same type of personality or style to them? Their culture must be strong as hell, because even with people down south, they don't ALL act the same way all the time. Most of em talk fast, and they all have the same mannerisms, along with the usual slang and dances they do when their songs come on. Have they always been like this? I never knew anybody from the Bay before college, so I donno how long their whole style has been the way it is now, but it is interestin. It's funny as hell to me, just somethin I wonder about. It starts to rub off on LA dudes whenever they kick it around em too.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why do most Bay dudes act the same way?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 01:50:19 AM »
i still gotta learn how to do that thizz dance and shit, shit looks goofy as hell but dope too

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 01:57:04 AM »
they must be stupid and lack the minerals to be a individual

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 02:15:02 AM »
yeah Oakland culture gets pretty rooted in the kids and pretty much everyone u see on the street dresses the same and uses the same slang. in the winter 8/10 kids hangin on the block wear all black coats and boots and hats, its like black gestapo in this bitch.

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 02:22:35 AM »
(no disrespect to mac dre) but unfortunately you are probably witnessing the after effects of his death, and how everyone is trying to copy his style to a T. everyones trying to use the same slang and dance as him now. shits on overkill man.

by the way, murs was at our offices the other day, gave him a heads up and said that i knew you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 02:32:14 AM by J.dubcnn »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 10:11:16 AM »
(no disrespect to mac dre) but unfortunately you are probably witnessing the after effects of his death, and how everyone is trying to copy his style to a T. everyones trying to use the same slang and dance as him now. shits on overkill man.

by the way, murs was at our offices the other day, gave him a heads up and said that i knew you.

Hmm...that could be part of it, because most Bay dudes I met were never THAT extra'd out when I first got to the school in 2002. I know they always had their dances, but it seems like right now, many of em have the same mannerisms and that shit is just weird for a lotta diff people to all be the same way with that. Also, it could be a case of how it is when people go somewhere outside of their hometown, and they put extras on everything they do so that they stand out and people say "oh damn i can tell you are from _______". A lotta people from diff places, whether LA NY or Atl are the same with that.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 10:22:47 AM »
I go to school with a lotta cats from the Bay, and I've seen a lot around LA at parties n different events. My question is, why do all of them have that same type of personality or style to them? Their culture must be strong as hell, because even with people down south, they don't ALL act the same way all the time. Most of em talk fast, and they all have the same mannerisms, along with the usual slang and dances they do when their songs come on. Have they always been like this? I never knew anybody from the Bay before college, so I donno how long their whole style has been the way it is now, but it is interestin. It's funny as hell to me, just somethin I wonder about. It starts to rub off on LA dudes whenever they kick it around em too.

yes the bay has a very strong culture, everyone uses a lot of similarities, especially the slang
but thats mostly black people though, its not like every person wears stunnas and white tees lol

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 10:43:48 AM »
Bay Area is its own world, choose a random party out here in ANY neighbourhood and you'll see for yourself. The people of our time are members of what's called the Thizz Generation, or the Go Dumb nation, whatever you wanna call it. It may be weird to y'all, but it's a HUGE movement and it's unbelievable how major companies haven't picked up on this yet. This is literally how muthafucaz is livin. The game is potent out here, it's not just about White tees, Stunnas or wutever else, it's everything all rolled into one that makes bay cats act the way they do. Products of this yay area society, yadidibooboo?!?!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

regimemob510

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 11:55:34 AM »
a couple niggas made some good points...  bay niggas have always had major game, fast talkin, chevy swingin attitude.  but nowadays its just about dickriding mac dre....  niggas that aint never ever bought a mac dre cd went out and bought a thizz shirt and all the cds once they found out furl died....  but thats mainly the kids, i aint down wit it cuz it promoted consumption of extasy, which aint kew for the youth....  but at the same time, those who have lived in the bay, and stayed rooted into the hip hop movement associated with the bay know that this is how the bay is..... the bay is all about gettin money, by any means neccassary.... but one thing i love about the bay is, you gotta be hella smart to kick it and get by..... if you aint street smart, your gonna get took, if you aint smart your gonna get took..... but if your a g and been around the way, you already got ur respect, and u aint gotta worry bout shit but the haters, and thats when the gunplay comes in...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 01:29:16 PM »

Also, it could be a case of how it is when people go somewhere outside of their hometown, and they put extras on everything they do so that they stand out and people say "oh damn i can tell you are from _______". A lotta people from diff places, whether LA NY or Atl are the same with that.

Thats pretty much exactly what I was gonna say. Its the same way with anybody though. take somebody from a different culture and put them in a different culture and they will stand out. It coul also be that you just notice it more. Its like when you buy a new whip or learn a new word, you start to notice that you see your same whip on the street all the time or it seems like that new word is being used everywhere. Also like folks said, Mac Dre's death has had a huge impact. I dont remember people bein on him like that when he was alive. Same shit happened when Pac died.

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 05:48:05 PM »
i dont know ive been bumpin Mac Dre since Rompalation but i aint going to lie, i dont think i realized how dope he was until his death

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 05:57:27 PM »
Tampa Bay? ??? ;D