Author Topic: M Dogg's Old Skool Artist of the Week...  (Read 95 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
M Dogg's Old Skool Artist of the Week...
« on: December 22, 2005, 09:31:19 AM »
Kurtis Blow

A Harlem native, and once managed by Russell Simmons, Kurtis Blow because the first solo artist to gain a major deal. Why do Kurtis Blow now, because his first solo was called Christman Rappin, though it did not see the commercal success of his next single, the ever legendary song Breaks.

Kurtis started out in the Hip-Hop culture as a break dancer, and then later join the ranks as a DJ. As time went one, he sharped his mic skillz, and then in 1980, shortly after the Sugar Hill Gang, Kurtis Blow released his album Hard Times, and continued to help Hip-Hop grow from the assumption that it was all just a fluke. Though Kurtis Blow's flow and style became dated shortly after he first was released, His impact was felt, and his influence will forever be seen. Artist like Nas covered If I Ruled the World, originally by Kurtis Blow, and other artist like Snoop Dogg have mentioned Kurtis Blow in there lyrics. This is a fitting tribute, as without Kurtis Blow, there would have never been a path for Run DMC and Melle Mel to walk down.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: M Dogg's Old Skool Artist of the Week...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 11:06:15 AM »
Respect!!!to curtis blow mayne....Damn I miss them dayz homie....if i ruled the world.that was the shit.but blow had a couple of hits.good thread.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 11:09:46 AM »
yo check this out,no disrepect to blow,but if you didn't have e you wouldn't have a the hard rappers here...........
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

herpes

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 11:27:47 AM »
yo check this out,no disrepect to blow,but if you didn't have e you wouldn't have a the hard rappers here...........
die

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 12:19:34 PM »

I covered Kid Frost, now I covered Kurtis Blow, I am trying to cover a wide range of artist because Hip-Hop is diverse. Eazy has a place, but it would be hard to get on the radio had Kurtis Blow not been there.