Author Topic: Shaq says Buss making excuses for siding with Kobe  (Read 203 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Shaq says Buss making excuses for siding with Kobe
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 02:10:49 AM »
no matter what anybody says, the reason why he traded shaq in the first place was that he feared bryant wouldnt re-sign if he doesn't

yea that's what it was all about IMO

I agree, that's what happened pretty much.

Buss was in a tough position. Shaq was demanding 30 million a year despite a dropoff in performance. Kobe held the organization hostage with all the opt-out bullshit. The hate between the two was tearing apart the franchise. Buss had to make a choice and even though I didn't agree with it at first, Buss made the logical and the correct choice. That's why he's a multi-millionaire owner of a successful sprots froanchise and the rest of us just analyze on a message board.

Let's be real, there's no way in a million years Kobe would have re-signed if Shaq was extended, no way. That's why he opted out to begin with, to force the Lakers' hand.

The reason Kobe opt out is b/c the CBA was going to expire.He wanted to be the Last player too sign a 7 year contract.If he would of played out the rest of his contract  he was going to end up signing a 4-5 year contract b/c of the new CBA.

The Owners wanted shorter contracts and that's what they got.

acbaylove

Re: Shaq says Buss making excuses for siding with Kobe
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 05:38:18 AM »
I don't care. I'm just happy Buss made the correct call.